View Full Version : Confused :(

Ailith
12-06-2008, 10:52 AM
I'm confused by myself and wondered if anyone had any insights. You see I find myself attracted to men.... not really :P I like teh girls! (probably too much, but meh...)

Anyway....

I rolled on the tournament realm last night. Mostly to try out some classes I was thinking of levelling (lock and some practice as druid).

Ofcourse I rolled a... rogue... Well, two rogues. Human and undead. And a gnome mage (she's so cute!).

The first thing I found when I played with my human rogue, was that I played about 10x better with her than I do with my Night Elf rogue on live. I mean, I was vanishing\garotting, shadowstep->kick focus, Los'ing fears... Even I thought I was decent (have no idea how good I actually am, tbh, but I felt like I played better than I normally do).

I thought maybe it was the latency to the realm, so I rolled a UD rogue to try. And I found I played pretty much the same as I do with my night elf and felt like I didn't play as well as with the human rogue.

Now before people jump in with 'lol perception', I'm actually referring to my movement around the arena, cooldown selection etc. Not getting the opener ;)

The past week or so, I've been doing arena on live with my mage and continually frustrated about how bad I play. I mean, I've been playing *insanely* bad with her. Tanking rogue damage when I could iceblock, not counterspelling etc. Just completely awesomely bad. And I even know I'm playing bad and what I'm doing wrong and it doesn't change when I go into the next game, despite knowing what I'm doing wrong. I can play like 100x better with mage than I do in arena.

So I tried a gnome mage on tournament realm, and whaddayaknow.... I play much better... I even won a couple of 2v1 skirmish games (though, admittedly there are some awesomely bad players on tournament realm). One was even disc priest + rogue v me... (yes, they were insanely bad).

Now, I'm not saying I was great at playing this mage. It seemed to me I played like a 'decent' (not great!) player who was rusty at playing as a mage.

So I'm confused. It can't be gear, because although my human rogue had more AP than Ailith (due to more pve gear), Ailith has more armour pen, more health, more resilience more crit, more dodge... A long time ago when Ailith ventured into durnhold for the first time, I found I played better with her in human form. But thought I was just imagining it.

But, the undead rogue on tournament realm had exactly the same gear as the human rogue and seemed to play much more similarly to Ailith.

Also the mage is confusing, I was using cooldowns properly and such but not using them properly on live. He has better gear than my human mage on live, but again not by very much. And it's not survivability that's the issue, it's just playing completely differently (like, not using cooldowns at the right time and stuff).

Anyone have any thoughts on an explanation? Or similar experience? :o

Or am I just insane? :(

Warlee
12-06-2008, 01:18 PM
its because being human mage sucks, casting animations and all the stuff makes you quit wow :D

Käel
12-06-2008, 01:19 PM
You need a break.

Muffy
12-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Maybe you were just having "one of those days" where everything you do is right and you seem to be doing really well? I know i get those, some days i can play godly and others i just find myself standing still waiting on a cooldown because im Tired or etc.

Or it could just be in your head and you think that the human is better so you are trying harder?

I assume the UI etc is all the same as your own rogue?

Ailith
12-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Maybe you were just having "one of those days" where everything you do is right and you seem to be doing really well?
It could be, I do have those days with Ailith too. Where I seem to just be imba. But even compared to those days, the human rogue felt better last night. And when I switched to UD I didn't play as well (imho).

I assume the UI etc is all the same as your own rogue?

Yup, and I set up the macro's the same too.

Or it could just be in your head and you think that the human is better so you are trying harder?
Perhaps, maybe it's more in my head than anything.

I used to think it was related to the size of my night-elf, as she "feels" slower than a human. Much like, switching to a Tauren it "feels" like you're moving slower but you're not. You're just bigger. Not sure if that's it. Maybe I should try playing with a gnome rogue tonight.

I know, when I first started arena, if ever anyone used heroism on me. I would suddenly become incredibly crap, and I always used to blame the size change (rather than me actually being crap, ofcourse). 'Cause my character suddenly felt slow and sluggish.

Muffy
12-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Funnily you should say that, Ive gone from a gnome rogue to an Orc rogue and it does feel hella slower!

Maybe it causes your PC to run better because your using a human too? Who knows!

One think i do know is , Roll human :D

Über
12-06-2008, 03:26 PM
BALD BLACK HUMAN MALE = QUADRUPLE WIN.

Kathra
12-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Interesting for me too.

I've always thought I was going crazy, but I seem to play better as rogue when I have deviate fish popped and im a human. I also tried playing on a full geared 70 night elf druid and everything seemed to go a lot smoother, aside from racials I somehow managed to evade people a lot better.

Never really gave a second thought to it, I guess its just a weird coincedence

Warlee
12-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Well, as I said before. Playing UD mage and Human mage are for me like two different classes. I have feeling when I used to play human I was simply slower than Im on undead.

Muffy
13-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Well when you used to be able to buy and be a human i used to do it alot on both my UD mage and my paladin.

But the only reason i think i played well is i didn't want to run all the way back to Tanaris to get the costume again!