View Full Version : New mouse/Keyboard

Hephaestos
20-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Ok so i'm currently looking for a new mouse and keyboard, partially for gaming and just for home/office work.

I found the Razer Lachesis and Razer Lycosa, mouse/key resp.

Does anyone here have any experience with either, or have a better suggestion?
(and no, I dont give a rats ass about a shiney LCD display or a ton of extra kb buttons making the keyboard enormous :P )

- Heph

Ruoste
21-05-2008, 07:13 AM
I have Logitech G9 Laser Mouse.
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/908/logitechg911thumbea3.jpg
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/3053&cl=gb,en

I use it with the smaller grip (the one in the picture). With that it makes the mouse quite small and I can move it very precisely with just my fingertips. It's the best mouse I've had thus far. I've never used Razer mice so can't say how it compares to those.

For a mouse pad I have SteelSeries S&S
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2945/11501367oq5.jpg
http://www.steelseries.com/int/products/surfaces/ss

I've used few pads targeted for gamers and this is the best of them. For "just" a mouse pad it's also expensive but quite worth it.

Stumpet
21-05-2008, 08:31 AM
http://www.shadowsongeurope.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19635

was talked about keyboard and mouse in this link i do belive Razer Lachesis and Razer Lycosa was talked about there

Muffy
21-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Habu is an amazing Mouse...

Cyborg is an amazing keyboard... :))

Talsin
21-05-2008, 01:39 PM
the G9 is a nice mouse but only if you use the hard cover, the soft cover starts to peel after one-two weeks of use....
logitech wise the 918 gaming mouse is still my favorite

Celinde
21-05-2008, 01:52 PM
I found the Razer Lachesis and Razer Lycosa, mouse/key resp.

I use both of them. I'm having problems with the mouse software making it jump at times, although the latest firmware made that happen very seldom. However, I do not really like the shape of it compared to Logitech's G5 and the mouse buttons at its right side are somewhat tricky to reach.

The keyboard works excellent although its glossy design easily makes it dirty, and it's inferior to other keyboards for writing due to its low keys, but the rubber enclosed keys gives a nice feel. One downside with the keyboard is that it got a somewhat crappy macro capacity with only 12 keystrokes per macro or something, you would be better off using WoW's native macro system and just bind them to keys.

Depending on how much you write on the computer I would buy the keyboard but I would change the mouse, probably to a Logitech G5 V2. (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/359&cl=gb,en)(amagad link)

Hephaestos
24-05-2008, 04:16 AM
so basically lachesis is bugged to shitters, and the lycosa has poor technical design resulting in a crappy touch screen and weak led backlight, damnit :/

Hard to find a decent mouse with 2 side buttons on each side + the "standard" buttons :/

Llort
26-05-2008, 07:56 AM
I use a logitech MX510 and a logitech Ultrax Media Keyboard.

Not the first choice for a gamer but I like softkeys :-] + it wasn't expensive :P

The mouse is just fine for your avarage wow gaming. Although I also played with a G9 and that is far superior in FPS-games like UT(any version) or quake(any version)

Robinvi
26-05-2008, 09:16 AM
so basically lachesis is bugged to shitters, and the lycosa has poor technical design resulting in a crappy touch screen and weak led backlight, damnit :/

Hard to find a decent mouse with 2 side buttons on each side + the "standard" buttons :/

Lachesis isn't bugged. The only thing wrong is the retards buying the mouse without flashing the firmware correctly.

Thorbadin
26-05-2008, 12:02 PM
I like my Lycosa and I do type a lot.
But agreed, it does get dirty somewhat quick, dont type with greasy fingers

Valoran
26-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Lachesis isn't bugged. The only thing wrong is the retards buying the mouse without flashing the firmware correctly.
Because expecting a 50 quid mouse to work properly out of the box is far too much to expect. /facepalm.

Celinde
26-05-2008, 01:08 PM

You're wrong. It's a know bug Razer are still trying to solve. The firmware I was a beta tester for made it better, but in some cases it still jumps.

Robinvi
26-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Because expecting a 50 quid mouse to work properly out of the box is far too much to expect. /facepalm.

I don't see the problem with flashing it as it is very simple.

But i guess you where one of them. /facepalm

Valoran
26-05-2008, 02:24 PM
I don't see the problem with flashing it as it is very simple.

But i guess you where one of them. /facepalm
Wow, low blow, I'm really feeling the burn.

The mouse is buggy, get over it. For the amount of money you're spending, things should work - especially for a high performance mouse aimed at the gaming community. Jittering during a critical moment of gaming is not what you're paying for.

Muqai
28-05-2008, 12:33 AM
I used to love the shallow buttons on keyboards (IE the ones widely used on laptops, can't remember the name of them.), infact I used to swear by it. But recently I switched to a deeper, better response-time keyboard, and am absolutely loving it. I got myself the midrange [steelkeys 6g], mainly because it was cheaper than the 9g and not that much of a difference between the two. I am absolutely in love with this keyboard.

For a mouse I'm still using my old Logitech MX400, even though I have tried alot of others. This one is perfect for me. Mooves smoothly with my arm, the grip is slick yet resistant and it does'nt have too many buttons (6 to be precise; left+rigth+midwheel+midbutton+forward+backwards). Allthough I doubt Logitech makes this beauty anymore, it will be hard to come by with all the new fancy smanchy mouses out there now. As I use my mouse for much more than just playing games, I fully enjoy what I have, and therefor recommend it strongly as a multipurpose mouse. One possible downside with such an "old" mouse is it's speed. I'm unsure of how much dpi it can lash out.

It all comes down to taste really. At the moment my hands have probably molded with my mouse, preventing it to ever lay fingers on something different permanently. IF (and it's a rather large IF as of yet) I should ever think of changing my mouse (or it breaks, god forbid) it would be for the logitech g5, as it looks and feels abit like my MX400.

Thank you and goodnight.