View Full Version : New Main, New UI!

Arthran
16-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Ok so Considering i have now officially retired my paladin and i'm now a gnoamish ball of flaming Fury i've decided to completely re-do my UI.

Im trying to go minamlistic, there's alot of info i had on my screen when tanking i simply wont need as a Mage. Anybody got any hints and tips on a good Mage UI?

Any Mages feel like sharing your ui's?

Any Essential mods other than:
Bossmods
Omen
Ora2
Pitbull <3

Im gonna start from the ground up and completely re-build. so any suggestions, any hints on specifically good mods for certain jobs?

Bunneh
16-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Quartz, super handy for Mage (and any caster really). Shows a red patch in the cast bar displaying your latency, you can then start casting a new spell in the red area (although not perfect). Found that would squeeze out a tad more DPS.

Arthran
16-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Quartz, super handy for Mage (and any caster really). Shows a red patch in the cast bar displaying your latency, you can then start casting a new spell in the red area (although not perfect). Found that would squeeze out a tad more DPS.

ahh ofc, forgot to mention that, already on my machine as i used it on the pala for lolheals

Skan
17-05-2008, 06:56 AM
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8074/postui2hx6.th.jpg (http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=postui2hx6.jpg)

Admittedly I'm a warlock but there's very little difference these days... :P
Realistically you should be bashing you main cast button so the quartz thing shouldn't really be a biggie..
Buffalo is a great addon. I use Ag over Pitbulls, there's no major superiority just Pitbulls has a load shit you don't need and it's hell to turn things off, or for that matter change skins. Recount (the damage meter) isn't necessary, the map addon is squeenix, bartender3 is pretty standard, prat and clearfont also are great. Admittedly this is on a 22" wide screen but..meh!

Llort
18-05-2008, 09:02 PM
wha tis the FPS/latency meter on top for fubar?

Chopper
18-05-2008, 09:06 PM
PerformanceFu

Ryś
19-05-2008, 12:44 AM
Waitwut, you ditched your paladin? >.>

Arthran
19-05-2008, 11:27 AM
new ui: http://www.devotionguild.co.uk/files/arth/Arthgnoam2.jpg

And yes Ryu, i am now a Gnoam mage. I took a break for RL, came back to find that out of the 4 level 70's i had (2 very competitively geared) my guild needed none!
so a little hard work and nearly 4k gold later and im raiding as a Gnoam mage, which the guild did need. It was win win.

Arthran
19-05-2008, 11:28 AM
i need to fix a few of the kgpanels which are out of size and im still missing ora2 and a bossmod atm, but its getting there

Psonica
19-05-2008, 01:03 PM
gnoam! gnoam! gnoam!

(that was an outburst of envy)

nice ui but I (remember, the statsnerd) has come to the conclusion that combatlogs and recount can (should?) be hidden in combat ... they are way to distracting :)

Arthran
19-05-2008, 01:09 PM
i am tempted to remove the combat log and place recount + omen there.

Recount is fine in combat, i hardly look at it and tbh i cba hiding and showing it all the time.

I dont see the point in having the combat log showing all the time, tbh i only use it if i need to look back at what killed me...

Valoran
19-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Holy crap Arthran, but that's a lot of paladins in that raid.

Arthran
19-05-2008, 03:21 PM
all of our paladins was on that night (see that dwarf warrior, he's a paladin really. That d0rf is an alt)

Can you see now why we are A) recruiting Resto druids and Shamans and B) why i've changed mains?

Thorbadin
19-05-2008, 04:22 PM
all of our paladins was on that night (see that dwarf warrior, he's a paladin really. That d0rf is an alt)

Can you see now why we are A) recruiting Resto druids and Shamans and B) why i've changed mains?

and still only 3 blessings

Arthran
19-05-2008, 04:29 PM
i count 4 on that screenshot :P
only missing blessings is sanc (not needed) and Might (I R PUNCH!)

bad thorb! dont scare me like that and make me think i need to whip the paladins

Gyundor
19-05-2008, 05:20 PM
Like you dont enjoy whipping them anyway

SoniqBoom
20-05-2008, 10:43 AM
nice looking UI, very tidy.
What addon are you using for the buff timers on the right?