View Full Version : Instant Scare Beast

Ailith
25-04-2008, 09:31 AM
On the 2.4.2 PTR patch notes:

Hunter:
Scare Beast: The range on this spell has been increased to 30 yards and it is now instant cast.

Dr00ds beware!!

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html

Sounds imba to me... Though, tbh, I always thought the cast time was annoying when playing hunter.

Timothy
25-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Boar Charge: This ability will no longer make Growl cast immediately after it generates excessive threat. :(

Sloth
25-04-2008, 02:13 PM
it's not on live yet and I can't imagine it won't get changed. They'll either increase the cooldown or decrease the range to 10-15 yards, a 10 second fear every 30 seconds is a bit too much (and the druid spends about 75% of his time in bearform when fighting against a hunter).

Souldrago
25-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Ridiculous, This is a attempt of nerfing resto druids, which is needed to a certain degree, Why blizzard doesn't see how much this nerf and the previous cyclone nerf affects the other specs of the druid, amuses me...

Well i guess i might aswell stop collecting feral gear, I enjoyed it as it was a challenge in arena and bg's but heh guess it's just gonna be impossible and pointless now against hunters with a IQ greater than 50.

Flawless
25-04-2008, 05:37 PM
YES BECAUSE EVERY ARENA RUNS WITH A HUNTER

Stop Fucking Trolling.

Souldrago
25-04-2008, 05:42 PM

Stop Fucking Trolling.

Noticed how i said, "arena's and bg's" ...but true obviously there aint a hunter in every arena team, but none the less, It just keeps getting worse for ferals.

Saha
25-04-2008, 06:48 PM

Stop Fucking Trolling.

I'd like to say something witty, however only thing that comes to my head is "retard".

Tsarina
25-04-2008, 06:55 PM
other specs feral bla bla
Speaking as a warrior, I couldn't feel less sorry for you. You have 3 working arena specs. One better than the others, but still three. I really don't understand where shamans and druids get the cheek to whine about their third PvP tree.

Saha
25-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Speaking as a warrior, I couldn't feel less sorry for you. You have 3 working arena specs. One better than the others, but still three. I really don't understand where shamans and druids get the cheek to whine about their third PvP tree.

Feral isn't exactly well working pvp tree, same as balance, except the resto+balance mix which overall is more resto oriented- both equipment and gamestyle wise. Speaking as to a warrior, calling dreamstate build a balance pvp spec would be in a way similar to calling 33/28 a working fury pvp build. However I can see your point. Partialy.

Personaly, I dislike the change due to simple thing- blizz is trying to fix one thing, yet manages to make much larger damage to other which is already a cripple.

Flawless
25-04-2008, 07:10 PM
I'd like to say something witty, however only thing that comes to my head is "retard".

Please do, as frankly how you consider

Well i guess i might aswell stop collecting feral gear, I enjoyed it as it was a challenge in arena and bg's but heh guess it's just gonna be impossible and pointless now against hunters with a IQ greater than 50.

Anything but trolling is beyond me, then again most of this forum is trolling so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Saha
25-04-2008, 07:18 PM

Please do, as frankly how you consider

Anything but trolling is beyond me, then again most of this forum is trolling so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Retard.

Ajial
25-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Nerf resto druid's leaves.. seriously.. those things are "Immune to Winter"! :(

Sloth
25-04-2008, 07:48 PM
they had to do something though , hunter vs druid is just ... so stupid

Saha
25-04-2008, 08:04 PM
they had to do something though , hunter vs druid is just ... so stupid

Lowering cd to 10 seconds, or even removing it would make good enough impact to prevent bear hugs or have severe impact on druids mana. Instant cast+30 yards is going to rape shitloads of ferals cought in cat as well as ferals/boomkins/restos cought in travel. And only way to counter that is trinket.

Souldrago
25-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Yeah something but not this. :) This change is almost as bad as letting viper sting persist through feral forms, for a feral druids pov.

As for the guy which said, there are 3 specs for druids to play in arena.... Well i have only ever seen 2 feral druids ever above 2k rating and iv'e played alot of arena .... Balance is slightly better, But they wont get much further than 2.2k.
Restoration is the only real spec, which is i admit overpowered compared to shamans and paladins, priests are about equal to druids imo.

Any how, I still cant understand why Blizzard cant just nerf restoration druids, without touching the other aspects off the druid class, But no... The nerf was intending to tone restoration druids down in arena and make hunters more popular high end, As a result the poor feral druids, Get told the same message again, "If you want to do arena and breach 1700 rating, spec restoration".

If this change stays the same, I can guarantee the hunter/druid, hunter/priest setups will make a come back

Ailith
25-04-2008, 11:57 PM
When I played with my druid, I always thought the cast time on scare-beast was a bit too long. Even from druid perspective, combined with pushback gave an age to shift out of animal form.

However, I do think 'instant' cast is a bit much. I would have suggested a reduced casting time or have the spell immune to pushback or something rather than make it instant.

Tsarina
26-04-2008, 11:27 AM
As for the guy which said, there are 3 specs for druids to play in arena.... Well i have only ever seen 2 feral druids ever above 2k rating and iv'e played alot of arena .... Balance is slightly better, But they wont get much further than 2.2k.
Restoration is the only real spec, which is i admit overpowered compared to shamans and paladins, priests are about equal to druids imo.

You may not realise it, but you're backing up my statement here. Any spec that gives you 2K+ rating in BG Cyclone is a "working arena spec". I'd like to see a prot or fury warrior with similar rating.

And Saha: I meant 41 balance. Not dreamstate/resto.

Theleb
26-04-2008, 08:31 PM
A shorter CD seems more balanced. I have yet to cast Scare Beast on any half-brained Druid because as soon as the cast bar appears they just change out and do something unspeakably nasty to me (however, scatter/scare works well.....).

Instant smacks too much of Death Coil so perhaps a 1sec/1.5 sec cast time provides the ability to stop "Bear Hugs" without prompting the cries of nerf that are already appearing.

Sloth
26-04-2008, 09:57 PM
getting them to shift out out of bearform is manadraining them aswell (a bit) :p

Theleb
27-04-2008, 12:08 AM
Aye, it is - add viper sting/scorpid pet into the equation and it does seem to upset them :)

Harr
28-04-2008, 06:34 AM
I would like to point out that shammies get shafted again with these changes... first blind was changed from poison (poison cleansing totem) because of druids abolish poison being too effective and now ghost wolves are getting instantly feared too by hunters.

Speaking from enhancement shaman point of view. Was already too easy to be kited by hunters and now they add this instat scare beast too that lose the slightest possibility getting close as ghost wolf.

Sloth
28-04-2008, 06:03 PM
it's dispelled rather easily with arcane shot anyway nowadays , I'll actually have to pay attention not to do that :p

captpicard
28-04-2008, 06:15 PM
I would like to point out that shammies get shafted again with these changes... first blind was changed from poison (poison cleansing totem) because of druids abolish poison being too effective and now ghost wolves are getting instantly feared too by hunters.

Speaking from enhancement shaman point of view. Was already too easy to be kited by hunters and now they add this instat scare beast too that lose the slightest possibility getting close as ghost wolf.

On a positive note, now Khal can protect me when Lex gets mced again in ghost wolf. Save me noble orc!

Bunneh
13-05-2008, 09:23 PM
US Patch notes indicate the instant part of the spell has been removed and it's a 1.5s cast, albeit with a 30 yard range, the EU patch notes have not yet been updated. Reading through the US forums it's been confirmed that it is not instant and the 'instant' on the spell is incorrect.

We'll see tomorrow for sure. I bought my f*cking Boomkin gear too :P

Bunneh
14-05-2008, 07:33 AM
Just ran my Hunter outside Stormwind and it is indeed 1.5 second cast, 30 yard range with a 30s cooldown. The tooltip indicates Instant, but it's not. Explaination from Blizzard below.

The instant cast was felt to just be too effective against feral druids, and so the previous cast time reduction to 'instant' was reverted through a hotfix back to 1.5 sec. If we had made the change through the patch instead of a hotfix it would have required a new build to be generated, additional testing on that build, and likely a week long delay for the release of this patch. The downside when hotfixing an ability is that the tool tip won't be updated to correctly display any changes made to the ability.

Link

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=6440895207&postId=64401961256&sid=1#11

Sloth
14-05-2008, 12:38 PM
feral druids...in all my games in season 3 I have only seen two at a decent rating

Slicer
14-05-2008, 01:34 PM
feral druids...in all my games in season 3 I have only seen two at a decent rating

... but think of the casuals!

Please someone think of the casuals!