View Full Version : [Suggestion]: Locked Ratings

Scouserlol
20-04-2008, 09:06 AM
Just wondering what people think about a locked rating for that season in arenas? I think it would solve the boosting problem as follows:

So at 1850, you buy your weapon and you gain a special tabard and then from then on your personal rating for the season is locked at 1850. Any team you enter will automatically be based on the highest rated player, so if you with your Season X Weapon decide to go smash face in your friends 1600 team, you only get matched against teams with 1850 ratings. Obviously same would apply for shoulders, you get another tabard and then your personal rating and all teams you enter would be at 2k.

Ajial
20-04-2008, 09:41 AM
Before reading this I would like to say I do not pvp!

Does the weapon really make _that_ much difference?

Wartauren
20-04-2008, 09:59 AM
I think it'd be somewhat rubbish not being able to help out friends.

Scouserlol
20-04-2008, 10:40 AM
I think it'd be somewhat rubbish not being able to help out friends.

I agree :) hence me asking you for help haha! But, there does come a point when it becomes a joke. For example, a friend of mine has a 5s team that are ridiculously low rated, I jumped in and played some games on an under geared alt. We lost 3 games in a row because the other team had a full S3 Rogue ripping everyone to shreds on his own!

Đightrain
20-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Something like this is needed for 2v2.

My blue/s1/kara geared druid's team came up against an S3 geared warrior + resto shammy team yesterday. Funny enough we nearly got the healer down but the fkr got a lucky cyclone resist and managed to escape to heal himself... would've beat them easily if we were equal geared.

Had plenty of other matches too where we've lost 17-18 rating due to someone boosting low rated teams... It makes it the whole system pointless, sure helping friends is fun... but that doesn't make it any less fair.

If you wanna help your friends then that's fine, you got the gear and if you got the skill too then you can beat the teams at your personal rating.

My suggestion is for every piece of top season tier you got, your personal rating should be locked at a higher rating.
1 part = 1550 rating, 2 parts = 1600 rating, 3 parts = 1650 or put rating requirements on every single part of S3/S4 so that retards wont be stuck at 1500 rating with the gear.

Wartauren
20-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Or you could just have the system Scousa talked about, only teams were decided by the lowest rated person who played.

That way team sellers, who'd both have high personal, wouldn't bother people i low ratings. And at the same time you'd be able to help friends and such.

Đightrain
20-04-2008, 02:20 PM
That way the low rated teams you play against would still be at a disadvantage, and when you beat a team that's quite a bit higher rated they're gonna lose a lot of points just cause they're being outgeared.

The way i said it means that if you get the gear then you're gonna have to play better to get anywhere or your rating will fall and fall as the personal rating will keep putting you against teams who are either equal geared or equally skilled enough to compete with the gear. It will end the boosting and the walfare ep0x in one go

Kathra
20-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Boosting would be so easy to fix.

Just have a system similar to er, I forget which game it is, you can only be matched up against the same once per hour.

Would also add a little more variety, nobody likes facing the same RMP for 10 games in a row.

Tsarina
20-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Boosting would be so easy to fix.

Just have a system similar to er, I forget which game it is, you can only be matched up against the same once per hour.

Would also add a little more variety, nobody likes facing the same RMP for 10 games in a row.
That would be great. So we don't have to meet the same 3Xelemental shaman teams that apparently can't beat any other combo than mine.

Cachero
20-04-2008, 08:41 PM
And have that 1500 team that gets queued up against 2k teams cause of personal, smack them down and get +30 ?

Just don't allow team switching or making new teams. Either that or make a guy stringed to his team, thus no team hopping. Cooldown on hopping teams, 3 weeks?

Kathra
21-04-2008, 12:09 AM
And have that 1500 team that gets queued up against 2k teams cause of personal, smack them down and get +30 ?

Just don't allow team switching or making new teams. Either that or make a guy stringed to his team, thus no team hopping. Cooldown on hopping teams, 3 weeks?

Wouldn't work. Some people do play arena for fun (GASP) and enjoy the freedom to play with whoever they like, whenever they like.

Đightrain
24-04-2008, 08:43 AM
Wouldn't work. Some people do play arena for fun (GASP) and enjoy the freedom to play with whoever they like, whenever they like.

Isn't that what skirmish is for?

Slicer
24-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Jeane, Illuminati and I took to doing skirmish whilst wearing no gear except trinkets, still won just about every game... using any form of real gear was overkill in a lot of cases.