View Full Version : MM DPS rotation.

Theleb
17-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Yes, before I go further I know that Beastmastery is generally a better DPS spec but I'm currently specced MM/Surv for PvP and I can't be bothered changing specs around on an alt that often SO the question is...

I'm hit capped (with Surefooted natch) and have a 2.9 speed weapon that passive haste reduces down to 2.48 (Sunfury Bow of the Pheonix) and 24% crit. Running numbers/rotations through Cheeky's spreadhseet I end up with a maximum dps rotation of 1:1:X which is where I start to go "o.0" because it essentially seems as tho I hand-thread steady/multi/arcane without clipping autoshot with gay abandon everytime the cooldown for Multi/Arcane is up and using steady inbetween.

Or am I reading it completely wrong? Is it actually that easy/difficult or am I missing something that complicates it/simplifies it further?

Any help gratefully recieved :)

Timothy
18-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Ugh 2 items that would have to be custom modeled ... too lazy for that.

But running the rest through Cheeky's gives me 1:1.5 (Multi+Arcane) > 1:1 Priority > 1:1 for your char.

Don't know what you did wrong ... oh ... you "are" aware that 1:1.x stands for 1:1.5 rotation right ?
(i.e. a rotation with possibly Multi and Arcane shot woven into the cycle just like you described it you do)

Theleb
18-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Yep, I'm aware that what I do is a 1:1:5 I was just double-checking that I hadn't made some fundamental error because it just seemed too easy compared to some of the responses I got when asking Hunters I know :)

I also have a couple of horrifically simple macro's for such time as I go back to BM but that essentially reduces everything to one button and seems.....far too automated for my taste even if the DPS is higher.

Timothy
18-04-2008, 01:24 PM
A 1:1.5 rotation is perfectly fine for a marksman or survival hunter.
If you run low on mana switch to 1:1 or try 3:2 (3 steady per 2 auto).

As for macros ... they do have advantaged.
Like allowing you to actually take note of what happens around you.
I know enouth people that hardly notice what's happening around them
which can be just as deadly as too low dps.

Theleb
18-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Aye, this is very true. The ones I use require a little effort to set-up (read: a very bare minimum) but for the record:

#showtooltip Steady Shot
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/cast !Auto Shot
/click [target=pettarget,exists] MultiBarBottomLeftButton12
/cast Steady Shot
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Then DISABLE any bar mods you might have and tell the WoW interface to "show bottom left action bar"

In the Far Right Slot (12) drop in the following macro:

/castsequence reset=4 Kill Command, !Auto Shot, !Auto Shot, !Auto Shot

ENABLE any bar mods

So basically, the idea is that when KC is active, the first macro presses the button that would trigger the second macro.

Easily spammable.

Timothy
18-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Is there a reason to have "!Auto Shot, !Auto Shot, !Auto Shot" in the 2nd macro ?

Theleb
18-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Apparently because That way you don't get any auto-shot or macro clipping. Its a high mana useage macro because its designed for a 3:2 rotaion with a 2.9 speed weapon and a tiny bit of passive haste.

Note - I ripped the whole thing from a thread on the BRK forums (I suck at doing macro's) and the DPS jump was quite noticeable. Should I get chance to hit Karazhan tomorrow evening I'll spec BM and see what kind of figures I can put out.

Timothy
18-04-2008, 03:38 PM
I don't see the reason for the sub macro and especially for the tripple !Auto Shot but hey if it works for you go for it.

Personally last time I visited BRK a few months ago I considered them idiots but maybe they did improve.

PS: Why are we arguing over a beastmaster macro in a markman topic ? 1:1.5 > 3:2 :P

Vegelus
18-04-2008, 06:56 PM
Have You read Howitzer's topic (clicky (http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t19497-marksmanship_hunter_theorycraft_strategy/)) about Marksman theorycraft? Afair there were some rotations in there.

Theleb
18-04-2008, 10:14 PM
I don't see the reason for the sub macro and especially for the tripple !Auto Shot but hey if it works for you go for it.

Allows you to attack a different target to your pet, and stops clipping. Anyway! we're not arguing, we're having a slightly offtopic discussion :D

Vegelus - thanks for the link, I shall definately peruse that.

Vegelus
18-04-2008, 11:41 PM
Vegelus - thanks for the link, I shall definately peruse that.
Nps, remember to devour all hunter's threads on EJs (MM one, Beast Mastery Bible, Hunter help me please, Cheeky's Spreadsheet, Survival in raiding) ;).

Theleb
19-04-2008, 12:28 AM
Its an alt, don't make me read too much!! :)

(I have Cheek's ofc, read the BM bible....)