View Full Version : Internet issues

Cheylon
17-04-2008, 10:06 PM
Hi,

I have a really wierd problem that started a few days ago and I can't seem to find out what the problem is.

Situation: My browsers are having trouble loading specific websites. They simply get stuck on "waiting for xxx" or "opening xxx". It stands like this for about 5 mins untill it times out. It happens to both firefox and internet explorer and opera. The thing is it only applies to certain sites. For example wowdb.com wont load but wowhead.com will. thepiratebay.org will load if i refresh a bunch of times, mininova.org loads fine. Google loads fine but when I try to do a search it gets stuck.

If I reboot my computer or router then the sites work for about 10 seconds then start stalling again.

What I have tried so far: Clearing cache and cookies = no good. Calling my ISP to see if they had something in their end = no good. Running anti virus and ad aware = no good. Uninstalling my anti virus and turning the firewall off = no good. Reinstalling firefox = no good

If anyone has any advice that would be awesome. I would really like to avoid having to reinstall windows and wow.

Thanks for any help

Cheylon

Arthran
18-04-2008, 08:23 AM
sounds like a problem with your dns not your PC itself, restarted your router/modem/however you connect to the net?

Cheylon
18-04-2008, 08:34 AM
sounds like a problem with your dns not your PC itself, restarted your router/modem/however you connect to the net?

If I reboot my computer or router then the sites work for about 10 seconds then start stalling again.Cheylon

YUP

Arthran
18-04-2008, 08:40 AM
fail for not reading it all!
hit start -> run then type cmd. once the command line comes up type ipconfig /flushdns

see if that makes any difference

Cheylon
18-04-2008, 09:07 AM
"Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache"

But doesn't solve the problem.

Llort
18-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Try to do a continues ping?

ping www.google.com (http://www.google.com) -t

And see if you get timeouts that way? (the -t parameter tells the ping program to keep pinging untill you stop it (ctrl+c) or just close command prompt)

Afcourse replace www.google.com with the site you are currently having problems with ;-)

Harr
21-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Are you running somekind of adblocker? That could be the explanation on the slowness on some webpages loading. (Hangs on loading the blocked ad with several retries)