View Full Version : Vista stuck at loading progress bar

Scouserlol
09-04-2008, 10:22 AM
As above, anyone come across this before and know of any solutions? Running Windows Repair gives the same problem. Loading in Safe Mode just stops...

Chopper
09-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Possibly relevant, I had a problem with XP Pro on my current machine. The boot sequence would abort with a BSOD/self-reset.

I reverted the BIOS settings to their default, tried again, and the boot would complete without a problem. I've always disabled unused physical interfaces or onboard devices on my PC. From a process of elimination, i.e. multiple boots with different BIOS settings, I was able to determine that XP didn't like the parallel port being disabled.

Decebalus
09-04-2008, 11:22 AM
other than Safe mode and Last known good configuration (if this still exists) there aren't many options...

I have little experience with Vista, only 2-3 computers in my network have Vista installed (including mine)...

if it stops while loading the OS then it's probably due to a device driver...

maybe remembering what you installed / changed before this happened would help identifying the cause...

Scouserlol
09-04-2008, 11:23 AM
It seems after running some Dell diagnostics that the hard drive is damaged. Technician is coming out tommorow to fix it and we have to have the data recovery done ourselves.

Llort
09-04-2008, 02:18 PM
You can turn on diagnostic boot thing.

What you do is this:

run -> msconfig
msconfig -> tab 'boot'
select -> 'No GUI boot'
select -> 'OS boot information'

Then you can see where it is getting stuck :-)

Gwynin
10-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Which however would require for him to be in windows, which he cant access at all :P

Llort
11-04-2008, 11:10 PM
Which however would require for him to be in windows, which he cant access at all :P

Never mind, thought he wrote that loading in safe mode works O.o :-(

Where exactly does the safe-mode stop loading? with what driver?

Brittanyy
14-04-2008, 08:47 AM
ermmm nvm

Eidriaen
14-04-2008, 12:17 PM
Here's what you do, take the Vista CD/DVD whatever and burn it... litteraly! Then go buy an XP cd and install that, problem solved! :P

Flawless
14-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Thats more to do with your PC sucking, I.e. it appears your taking a long time to load people with lots of people in it.