View Full Version : Macro question

Stumpet
27-03-2008, 08:11 PM
I am looking for a macro that allows me to toggle in a sense between shield and my offhand on my shaman i have been to official forums but its a mace and the few i found didnt work at all or would equip shield but not requip the offhand when i used it again.

I was thinking somewhere like i hot the key i get the shield i shift+random key and i get offhand weapon back.

i have zero skills in writing macros myself so any help is welcomed.

Theleb
27-03-2008, 11:22 PM
Outfitter, Itemrack, Weapon Swap and Stancesets all do something similar (although all activate the GCD) if you want to go that route.

you could also do something like:

/cast Spell of Choice
/equipslot 16 <MH>
/equipslot 17 <OH>

or

#show Spell of Choice
/equipslot 17 Your OH
/cast Spell of Choice

or even

#showtooltip Spell of Choice
/equipslot [modifier:shift] 17 Shield
/equipslot [modifier:ctrl] 17 OH
/cast Spell of Choice

Stumpet
28-03-2008, 05:54 AM
Thanks for the reply, i have tried all of those macros and non worked so i guess im all thumbs ill try some of these Outfitter, Itemrack, Weapon Swap and Stancesets this evening and see if it is any easyer to use and keybind :)

Theleb
28-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Blame Wowiki :)

Corruption
28-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Took me a bit of messing about but I made one.

/equip [modifier:shift] Gladiator's Spellblade; Fetish of the Primal Gods
/equip [nomodifier] Gladiator's Spellblade; Gladiator's Endgame

In this example, simply clicking the macro would equip Gladiator's Spellblade and the Gladiators Endgame. Shift clicking the macro would instead equip the spellblade and the fetish. Replace the names with the names of your weapons and youre ready to go!

Gwynin
28-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Blame Wowiki :)

Its nothing compared to the "usefull" warlock macros they have/had on their site a few months ago, hardly any of em bloody works :(

Stumpet
28-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Took me a bit of messing about but I made one.

/equip [modifier:shift] Gladiator's Spellblade; Fetish of the Primal Gods
/equip [nomodifier] Gladiator's Spellblade; Gladiator's Endgame

In this example, simply clicking the macro would equip Gladiator's Spellblade and the Gladiators Endgame. Shift clicking the macro would instead equip the spellblade and the fetish. Replace the names with the names of your weapons and youre ready to go!

didnt work for me so either im horribly stupid or im horrible stupid :(

Corruption
28-03-2008, 11:22 PM
Sorry, but you're horribly stupid then as it works for me ingame :)

Instead of writing the names of the items out yourself, link them into the macro by shift clicking them (you can do that). Make sure that you're also seperating the names of the items by a semi colon then a space (thinking you may have tried a colon instead). Either you've typed something wrong in or somethings seriously borked as it worked about five minutes before I made my first post.

Stumpet
29-03-2008, 01:01 PM
used semi colon and both with and without space: With space it ligth`s up in my hot bar without its grey. Ill try shift clicking the items migth be im spelling it wrong but i doubdt it

Valoran
29-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Are you using a dressing room mod at all? Most of those have / commands you can use to equip item sets quickly. The solution I've used in the past is to setup a sword/shield item set which just equips those two slots and name that "Shield" or whatever and run the slash command shortcut at the appropriate point in the macro. I'll use my spell reflect macro as an example:

#showtooltip Spell Reflection
/cast [stance:1/2,equipped:Shields] Spell Reflection; [stance:3] Defensive Stance
/stopmacro [equipped: Shields]
/closetgnome wear ShieldAnother example if you just want to toggle between the two would be:

/closetgnome wear 1hcombo
/stopmacro [equipped: Shields]
/closetgnome wear ShieldJust replace the closetgnome lines with "/itemrack equipset stuff" or whatever your specific mods shortcut is.

Stumpet
29-03-2008, 01:43 PM
My understanding of this is very limited but no im not using a dressing room just /macro and then make the macro. The one Corruption wrote im unable to get to work it changes to shield but wount change back to dualwield. Theleb wrote about dressing room and item rack ill download and try that

Thanks again for all the help

Stumpet
29-03-2008, 01:51 PM
i fail again :(

cant someone fedx me a valoran or corruption for quick and handy macro making :p

Corruption
29-03-2008, 01:56 PM
My understanding of this is very limited but no im not using a dressing room just /macro and then make the macro. The one Corruption wrote im unable to get to work it changes to shield but wount change back to dualwield. Theleb wrote about dressing room and item rack ill download and try that

Thanks again for all the help

Im guessing the offhand youre using isnt a offhand but rather an one hander. If this is the case, it'll more than likely put your desired offhand in your main hand and keep the shield equipped. No idea how to sort that sorry.

thurlog
29-03-2008, 04:14 PM
replace the items with your own items
#showtooltip [noequipped:shield] Defensive Stance; Battle Stance
/equipslot [modifier:shift] 16 Blade of Infamy; 16 King's Defender
/equipslot [modifier:shift] 17 Rod of the Sun King; 17 Crest of the Sha'tar

or just a simple swap-macro
#showtooltip [noequipped:shield] Crest of the Sha'tar; Blade of Infamy
/equipslot [equipped:shield] 16 Blade of Infamy; 16 King's Defender
/equipslot [equipped:shield] 17 Rod of the Sun King; 17 Crest of the Sha'tar

sara
29-03-2008, 05:25 PM
My evocation macro for my mage demonstrates that /castsequence does what you want:

#showtooltip
/castsequence Tapered Staff of Intellect, Evocation, Greatsword of Horrid Dreams, Lamp of Peaceful Radiance

Keep clicking until you have your stuff equipped.

Stumpet
30-03-2008, 01:33 PM
My evocation macro for my mage demonstrates that /castsequence does what you want:

Keep clicking until you have your stuff equipped.

Wount this again give me the trouble with the two identical weapon and result in me getting shield/mainhand and when i hit it again only swap the weapon in my main hand over and over again seeing as i dual wield two Gladiator's Cleaver?

I overlooked Thurlogs post ill try that one also :)

Harr
08-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Download newest itemrack. Save sets there and bind to keys. E.g. numpad 7 and 8 works well on itemrack 2.1

Stumpet
09-04-2008, 04:57 AM
Download newest itemrack. Save sets there and bind to keys. E.g. numpad 7 and 8 works well on itemrack 2.1

i am apparently all thumbs and stupid downloaded itemrack but didnt understand shit did some silly things with it. I need to try again after work today maybe read the users manual first :P

Harr
09-04-2008, 09:07 PM
When you first run itemrack you need to right click all the equipment slots you use (so its lit up). Then you can give the set a name and press save.

Stumpet
10-04-2008, 04:58 AM
was at my parents eating all there foodz yesterday so i had no chance to look at it, but i did as you said last i tried ill hopefully have a go today after work. :)