View Full Version : Resilience

Ailith
25-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Hiya,
I'm almost done gearing my rogue for pvp, she has all pvp gear except for one trinket slot (currently working on honor for the battlemasters trinket).

She currently has 410 resilience, though incredibly sucky attack power (1520 or so) which I'm working on next (ap battlemasters trinket, vengeful leggings then replace my clefthoof enchant with nethercobra).

I'm gemming 8ag gems rather than the ap ones, as these should be better with sinister calling and deadliness. So I currently have close to 10,400 health, 32% crit, ~1520 ap, 410 resi.

With battlemasters and nethercobra, my ap should rise to close to 1700.

Is it worth dropping some resilience gear for more ap? I've read on arena junkies that rogues only need around 350 resilience and whilst I hit hard(ish) it still feels like i should be hitting way harder. But having 410 resilience is kinda nice too :s

I usually check Neilyo's armory profile and he has similar gear (though full vengeful ofc, natch). But do people agree he's geared himself well? (and, ofc, I know I need better weapons, my arena partner doesn't play pvp much)

And any 'proper' premades want a pvp geared rogue? ;D Or a decent 5v5 arena team... :o

Theleb
25-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Check Ming's gear - thats what I consider to be a good balance.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Black+Dragonflight&n=Ming

(396 res, 11k health, 1881 ap, 33% crti. Has a PvE trinket equipped atm, but just do the maths based on Battlemasters or something else)

Otherwise check out his stablemate:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Black+Dragonflight&n=Vitality

or take a look at rogues via the armory? (Sort by arena rankings or something)

Gumdrops
25-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Ming is a bell end.

Ailith
25-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Yea, I usually look at the rankings of rogues on www.arenajunkies.com/rankings. Ming's gone for AP gems, whilst Neilyo's gone for ag. And I've read that 20/0/41 builds get more from 8ag gems than the ap ones.

> (396 res, 11k health, 1881 ap, 33% crti. Has a
> PvE trinket equipped atm, but just do the maths
> based on Battlemasters or something else)

These are comparable stats to Neilyo's, but neilyo will have a bit more resi, dodge, armor and crit. Though, less health and ap.

I mean, it's not like I don't look at other high rated rogues and their gear :)

Ailith
25-03-2008, 06:04 PM
FWIW this is my rogue:

http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowsong&n=Ailith

My next upgrade is battlemasters trinket to replace my sucky level 60 trinket. After that just minor upgrades from veteran to vindicator on the neck and belt (will use a different gem on the vindicator neck). The +4 crit +6 ap gems *will* be replaced once the gear is finished with the +5 crit +10 ap honor gems or similar.

Also, as I said, will replace the clefthoof leg armor with nethercobra once I get vengeful leggings.

Chonar
25-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Ming can only be stopped by

TIME GNOMES

Platypus
25-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Not even by them, she CloS'ed out of Mojache's attack, remember?

Chonar
27-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Well fuck.