View Full Version : Blue Screen - Funky Colours

Scouserlol
18-03-2008, 02:37 PM
OK

So after having some problems with my machine I had it formatted and put some Corsair RAM in it and a Nvidia 8800GT. It ran fine for a while, froze completely while playing WoW like once every few days. This morning all the colours in AB went all funky, like bright greens and pinks. Restarted and again it was fine. Then I did some Arenas just now and twice it Blue Screened on me (blue screen showed for a split second and then restarted). I have a feeling that the PSU that was in the machine isn't powerful enough for the card that's in it now. It's also got quite a bit of dust in it too.

Any suggestions on things to check and test and ways to do it? I assume that it is a GFX card problem.

Flawless
18-03-2008, 02:48 PM
What Wattage PSU?

Could be over heating also.

Scouserlol
18-03-2008, 02:52 PM
No idea, not infront of my machine so I don't know. Alot of Googling seems to be pointing towards the RAM...

Re: Overheating - Only seems to happen during long periods of play or after my machines been on a long time. What's the fix for this? Underclock or something?

Flawless
18-03-2008, 02:56 PM
If its over heating it'll be because of the fan not spinning. What's the BSOD error? Nvidia drivers?

Post your system spec's when you get in. Exact spec's, more info the better

Scouserlol
18-03-2008, 03:01 PM
I don't know what the error is because it flashes up for like a split second and then restarts fine. Drivers that come with the disk? :D

Lightsspark
18-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Cooling, underclocking might work, but then you lose performance, best bet is to buy cooling fans, for your machine or maybe leave the case open.

Also if you can check what the blue screen says..

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL could be a hardware problem, or a IRQ issue. Anything else and forums can tell you whats going on, if you can read it before it dissapears of course.

Flawless
18-03-2008, 03:03 PM
It shouldn't need to be underclocked or have a after market cooler on it. My GT is fine, could be do with his RAM. WHich is why he needs to go home and get the specs' of his mobo, ram, etc.

Scouserlol
18-03-2008, 03:04 PM
Nah, I'd have to be a fucking super hero to read it, it flashes up for a second. I'm going to un dust my case and run it with the side off and see what happens.

Scouserlol
18-03-2008, 03:04 PM
I'm a pc noob... do I have to open the case and write shit down or can I access all this info from control panel :D

Flawless
18-03-2008, 03:07 PM
http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

That'll give you all the info I need

Scouserlol
18-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Cheers :) I'll run it when I get home, dont take the piss out of me if it's shit though :( I don't know anything about pc's, I just gave money to a dude who gave me a pc in return lolz