View Full Version : DPS shamy gear

Borwin
12-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Im super concerned on what stats I should have on my enhancement shammy for Karazan, Heroics and Gruul, and I'm asking everyone and checking a million sites.

At the moment I got ~1000 AP (most AP based sadly) 170 hit rating, 22% crit and 4 expertise. How far does this take me? This is gear with mostly quest reward stuff.

Edit: I think my HP is a bit low I guess it gets auto fixed with some KZ epics (?).
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowsong&n=Jeeayne

oneiros
12-03-2008, 11:50 PM
I will try to help out a bit, i hope others reply to correct me if i am wrong.. For starters change your current relic, there is a nice badges one, or farm the one from the first boss of manatombs. Also u seem to use alot of leather gear, i assume that is to get better hit, but i wouldnt worry to much bout hit. Ofc its very important in endgame content, but for kara 100 hitrating is more then enough to start out. I would suggest u do some instances first to gear up a bit more, there are alot of decent maildrops around. Another suggestion is to enchant your gear, even though it might be temporary. Dont go spending mad money on mogoose etc but try atleast get 20 str or any equivalent on those weapons, and some equal cheapish chants on the rest of your gear. Also keep an eye out on ah, there are alot of decent things to get there or contact a leatherworker, there are alot of nice crafteble items that are reltivly easy on mats and are better then your currently equiped gear. Just check any website to see the recepies and u will be surprised what u can get.

Have u started saving badges for patch 2.4? If not start grinding those, there is ALOT of awesome gear (bt quality) that becomes available then. Heroics like BF, ramp, SV and others are relativly easy and offer great rewards and easy badges. I prolly forgot alot, so i hope others will complete what i didnt mention. Hope i was of some help.

Borwin
13-03-2008, 06:33 AM
Thanks. I've basically used "enhancer" mod to rate the items and ignored if they are leather or mail. I did my first heroics yesterday and I felt I packed quite a punch so I don't think KZ gonna be a problem except on fights where you take much raid damage.

Vegelus
13-03-2008, 09:11 AM
Talking to Borwin about heroics being easy it's like...

well I don't know.:P

Harr
13-03-2008, 09:15 AM
Oneiros gave very good tips there.

Hit rating is just icing on the cake for enhancement shamans. Talents get you capped with yellow attacks already which count most. Ofcourse hit rating is usefull for topping out white damage but concentrate more on strength(AP) and agility(crit).

Enhancer doesn't seem to take gems into account :( (or I failed to configure it which is more than likely too ;) ). (But I see you don't need to worry about that yet ;) )

oneiros
13-03-2008, 12:16 PM
And ofcourse.. u can always pvp a bit to get some quick easy weapon and/or gearupgrades. Ofc pvp gear is not ideal for pve but s1 weapons are pretty easy to get an will increase your dps alot.

Miniloth
14-03-2008, 05:12 PM
I had a similar problem on my shammy at 70, but what I did was spend 2 weeks doing some pvp, (BTW I hate PVP), this got me 2 new weps, a new chest and new set of legs, which gave me a good standing to join the kara runs without feeling that I was just getting boosted.

You will find its quite fun as enhancement in places like AV and to be honest its not that hard to get the purple gear, which will boost your stats a bit.

Raels
15-03-2008, 11:19 AM
As it's been stated already, weapons are you mainstay of damage, this is true of most melee classes, however it really makes the most difference on Shamans and Warriors. Upgrade those weapons to the PvP/Arena Ones as soon as possible, they're better than the late Kz Drops and are easier to obtain, you can even pick 'em both up in one AV weekend if you really want to.

While there is no set order for stats in terms of importance I find that ap (preferbally via Str) gives me the biggest dps increase with that (at my current gear level) having the highest AEP. You crit needs to improve as does your AP really. I'd suggest doing this by dropping your Hit Rating, mine currentally rests at 116 and thats really doing me well, it's slightly increased due to the addition on T5 peices (T4 legs and craftable chest didn't have any one). Hopefully this'll help a little :)

Hephaestos
15-03-2008, 02:00 PM
http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t13297-enhance_shaman_collected_works_theorycraft_vol_i/

/end-thread

Muh
16-03-2008, 12:25 AM
I had a similar problem on my shammy at 70, but what I did was spend 2 weeks doing some pvp, (BTW I hate PVP), this got me 2 new weps, a new chest and new set of legs, which gave me a good standing to join the kara runs without feeling that I was just getting boosted.

You will find its quite fun as enhancement in places like AV and to be honest its not that hard to get the purple gear, which will boost your stats a bit.

Jesus, 2 weps a chest and legs? in 2 weeks?
Did you pug that?
I'd die 2 days within that first week xD

Borwin
16-03-2008, 06:22 PM
getting the 103 dps fist weapons in 2.4 methinks. badgers are streaming in...

Matzumo
13-05-2008, 08:18 AM
Didn't want to start a new topic, just wanted to ask a question

Been using this form
http://www.maxdps.com/shaman/enhancement.php

to calculate damage done with different weapon speeds, I've read in several guides that the offhand should preferably have a high weapon speed, around 2.6-2.8 attackspeed. This spreadsheet tells me the exact opposite, the faster the attack speed is on the offhand the better the total DPS get. They did the math wrong?

Faylin
13-05-2008, 08:33 AM
Just checked my gear on that site. On more than one occasion was it *way* off.

Apart from that, yes, get a slow offhander.

Borwin
16-05-2008, 11:35 AM
Yes, maxdps.com is strange sometimes. I use Equivalence Points mod with simulated values from http://theorycraft.narod.ru/ and it seems to be quite good except that it has a bug on Cloak of Darkness where it cant pick up the *melee* crit value.

Remember to resimulate when you get new gear!

Edit: Seems like maxdps.com uses a VERY simplified windfury formula:
$procRate = ((1/$MHspeed)+(1/$OHspeed))*.20;

As WF got an internal cooldown, and as the proc will be "eaten" by the offhand you cant really use a simple formula for WF, you have to simulate it.

Thrane
17-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Yea maxdps generally isn't too good for us. Sim sim away. And you can just calculate Cloak of Darkness' ep by hand y'know :P

Gyundor
17-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Yo's ftw

Thrane
17-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Yes, maxdps.com is strange sometimes. I use Equivalence Points mod with simulated values from http://theorycraft.narod.ru/
Yo's ftw

*cough* :P

Gyundor
17-05-2008, 08:28 PM
*cough* :P

I just mentioned it was win ;_; when it works that is...