View Full Version : With whom should a SP be grouped in raids?

Leeh
07-03-2008, 11:49 PM
Like the title says, with whom do you think a SP is best to be grouped with in raids. And i only want to know about the dps classes, not healers(!)

So which dps class would benefit the most from a shadowpriest in endgame content raids?

I have read things about it on forums, but I want to hear SS' thoughts about this ;)

I personally dont know, thus asking you guys ;p

Lee

Arthran
07-03-2008, 11:54 PM
our SP's say:
Another SP :P

2 in 1 group = infinate mana :P

Ashym
07-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Mages/Warlocks... pretty obvious really.

2 Spriests in 1 group is fun yeah :P but unnecessary, I survive most fights with just a shadowfiend.

Leeh
07-03-2008, 11:57 PM
meh not so obvious it seems. Hunters are getting SP's here, and it seems to be working well for the dps boost. Hunters do have a small mana pool.

Taurusos
08-03-2008, 12:16 AM
depends on nature of fight, no general way to decide really

healing pressure encounter? putem with healers, shamans lovem

got 2 in raid and its not any pressure on mana conservation?

Then what we do is:

1spriest, 3 mages, 1 elem shaman

and the other group

1 spriest, 2 hunters, RANDOM (perferably a class that would benefit from the mana return although most of the time they get a feral, the feral then benefits from the shaman and hunters from the crit), 1 resto shaman with agi up

Give hunters spriest on Kazrogal and theyll love you.

All and all, it really depends on the fight, on trash however, id suggest havem with healers so you can chainpull, what I do usually is to tell 2 healer to sit get mana, rest follow tank and heal. Assign one healer to res on trash only, in the cases u lose 3-4 players. Better rest healers continue so you progress through trash. The bloody trash is the real boss in the game, taking time.

Anyway, gone off topic, so ill hush.

/Tau

Vegelus
08-03-2008, 11:15 AM
Huntards ;). Give us shammeh and/or feral too, and casters will be only Your aoe biatches :P.

Leeh
08-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the reactions :)

Yeah Shadowpriests at kaz'rogal is a must for hunters. I love to see mages get SP prior but then again. We do have mana pots+mana gems+ evocation, thats more than what the hunters have right?

id love to see mages get sp prior, but some reasons why they should would be nice ;p

Vegelus
08-03-2008, 12:47 PM
Yes, huntards have mana oils, (fel) mana pots and viper as last thing (survive till CD on pots is down, at least for me). This often isn't enough, esp if someone want to push a bit more than 1:1 rotation (silly 3:2 spam macros -.-).