View Full Version : Intercept ShS

Ailith
05-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Anyone have any tips on doing the Intercept -> ShS trick? I've actually managed to pull it off once in a bg, but I'm finding fairly hard to time it correctly. Is it mostly just ping?

I normally do ShS too early and end up standing next to the warr :( or too late and end up with the intercept stun preventing me from performing the step. I seem to get stunned before the warrior reaches me, rather than when he reaches me (which would make it easier).

I'm getting better at it, but can't pull it off very regularly. When I do, though, it's fairly imba :) Just wondering if I'm missing something, or just need to practice it more.

Kinshara
05-03-2008, 11:06 AM
just need to practice it more.

This, ime. Took me quite a while to get it right :)

I found duelling a bit helped, especially with a warrior willing to help you get better -- you can have them stand at their minimum range for intercept, and get a feel for the visual range of when you should be ready.

There's always a few good ones that will jump back and switch to zerker, but not intercept immediately. Much harder fight :)

Ailith
05-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Okay, will carry on practising.

I'm finding, as I gear up, warrior 1v1 is actually a fairly fun matchup. But I think that's mostly because I'm outgearing 70% of warriors I meet in BG's now. :s

Bunneh
30-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Hi Mr Power Leveler. Give you your due, you're putting your adverts in your signature now, but sadly I'm anal enough to spot them to there too. May I say on behalf of those honest players 'FUCK OFF!'.

(I'm aware it's a bot)

*this post will be deleted once gold advert has gone*

Stim
30-09-2008, 11:11 PM
oO
Shadowstepping against warriors (or any other class) is particulary fun in BE areana. You jump down the bridge, they jump off to chase you and you hop back when they're on the edge (shown pretty good in Buddhist movie).

Ailith
02-10-2008, 02:20 PM
Yeah, I've done that to a lot of warriors now (jumping off bridge and shadow-stepping back up while they jump down). It's also fairly fun in wsg, when carrying the flag.

I'm a fair bit better at shadow-stepping an intercept these days, can't do it 100% of the time More like 60%. But it seems mostly down to watching them, it becomes a bit easier when you learn to bait them really. It's actually a skill you can take with you to other classes, feral charged an intercept the other day on my druid when I was playing with resto (it's a pity I completely fail at healing really).