View Full Version : 2.4 - Change to PvP sets, opinions?

Lednar
21-02-2008, 08:41 AM
4-piece bonus on Restoration-spec Arena and PvP sets has been changed to "The casting time on your Healing Touch spell is reduced by 0.25 sec." (Was a 15% increase to the outdoor movement speed before)
4-piece bonus on Balance-spec Arena and PvP sets has been changed to "Your Wrath casts have a chance to reduce the cast time on your next Starfire by 1.5 sec." (Was a 15% increase to the outdoor movement speed before)
About the resto change, how many out there use HT in Arena that much? Why did Blizzard really change this? I thought that it was the Stars Tears which made us OP. Run away and drink. Sure, the speed increase makes it easier but still.
Balance will give a nice buff thou. Quite sure about that.
Feral will have the +15% speed increase.
Are Blizzard really moving against the balancing arena or are they going to screw it up, again?
And no, it's not a whine thread. I want opinions:)

Ailith
21-02-2008, 10:11 AM
It's been changed to 0.2 sec reduction on regrowth since a few days ago.

A bit better, but not by miles...

Wartauren
21-02-2008, 10:32 AM
It's not better with Regrowth, actually. Atleast the HT change would've opened up for some more Dreamstate builds in 3s and 5s.

Ailith
21-02-2008, 11:54 AM
Well I disagree, unless you're playing morons you wont get time to cast HT even with the cast time reduction (assuming no NS).

Also not sure how that would help dreamstate builds either? It's not like dreamstate is linked to HT cast time.

I'm fully aware you know way more about dr00ds then me, but more explanation would be nice. I've never seen a druid use HT in arena and the whole reason it was changed to regrowth was due to many, many druids complaining.

Wartauren
21-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Ok, dreamstate spec I mean that you'd be able to pick up talents reducing Healing Touch's mana cost, hence making it more viable.

As for not using HT; If you plan to keep someone alive through heavy burst, full hots and using Healing Touch is far more viable than using Regrowth, as a huge part of Regrowths healing comes from the HoT.

As for being locked out from casting; How much do you cast cyclone? If they're going to lock you, they'll do it on cyclone or roots aswell.

With the "old new" set bonus, you'd be able to bring HT down to 2.75 sec cast time with talents, and reduce the mana cost by nearly 20 %.

I'm not saying it'd be better, but it'd be possible.

Ailith
21-02-2008, 12:36 PM
I guess, depends on which arena we're in and who your partners are.

2v2 and 3v3 your team mates need the resi and health to be able to stay up with lifebloom,regrowth,rejuv + any escape\survival abilities they have. Otherwise they need better gear.

By dreamstate build, do you mean speccing out of swiftmend? I guess makes more sense then. But it isn't the mana cost of HT I was complaining about, more the cast time. Even with 0.25 sec reduction its still too slow. Maybe possible in 5v5 not familiar at all with druids and 5v5.

And not suggesting regrowth is a major healing spell to use for druids, I'm not saying the new one is much good. Just, to my mind, better than HT reduction. As you're more likely to pull off a regrowth than a HT.
As for being locked out from casting; How much do you cast cyclone? If they're going to lock you, they'll do it on cyclone or roots aswell.
Well, not so much talking about being locked out from casting either, cyclone + roots have a much shorter cast time than HT. If a mage sees you casting HT you will be counterspelled, if a rogue notices it you will be kicked... spell locked from lock... etc. The window is too big to get countered, most players (and in 5v5 your counter on the opposite team) will have you as focus target even if they aren't directly attacking you.

Saha
21-02-2008, 02:02 PM
Rather more concerned about Lifebloom coificient nerf which will have quite an impact in PvE. 15% speed nerf was coming and was kinda needed. Sure I'll miss it but lets be honest, it is OP in arenas and became OP in BGs with the introduction of resilience as well.

Wartauren
21-02-2008, 02:56 PM
If the mage sees you casting, he'll counter it. It's not that he'll wait for the healing touch. Yes, the window is bigger, but it'll happend either way.

Ailith
21-02-2008, 03:32 PM
If the mage sees you casting, he'll counter it. It's not that he'll wait for the healing touch. Yes, the window is bigger, but it'll happend either way.
That's why you don't use spells with casting time in arena and why HT reduction is useless (at least, more useless than reduction on regrowth, at least regrowths window is smaller)? :)

And yes, life-bloom coefficient reduction is not nice :(

Kathra
21-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Nice buff for balance, Grace proc + setbonus proc = 1sec starfire D:

Saha
21-02-2008, 04:49 PM
Nice buff for balance, Grace proc + setbonus proc = 1sec starfire D:

Almost as good as spaming moonfire!

Ailith
21-02-2008, 05:17 PM
ahh, moonfier spahm!!

The mark of a "good" dr00d.

Saha
21-02-2008, 05:57 PM
SUM DURIDS IS MOON KIN

1) Them 1s is look all funny liek maybe form MOON! LOL!
2) mostly uh moonkin is 4 a spam moonfare
3) them haf sum good armors & fite storng.

Any good durid follows these guildlines written long ago. Don't listen to infidels like Khorren.

Wartauren
21-02-2008, 06:44 PM
You don't use spells with a cast time in arena? Awesome.

Kathra
21-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Any good durid follows these guildlines written long ago. Don't listen to infidels like Khorren.

Even I lernd all this form DURID SCKOLL who has wut uh famus teecher there who is knows all this

So i guess you went to druid school huh? DIDN'T THINK SO.

ps. Best five years of my life.

Eidriaen
22-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Yeah I like the boomkin one too, but dont like the healing bonus. Maybe a bonus to rejuv or lifebloom would be better? Moonglade set gave dodge rating to rejuv, I like that bonus, kept moonglade a bit longer just because of that :P Maybe: "Rejuvination increases your targets resillience by # when ticking" ?

Lednar
26-02-2008, 07:33 AM
Pff, just got the 4 set bonus. Now I don't want to change :(

Only times I've used HT was when my other teammate was under heavy burst from 2xRogues(Yeah, they had quite some gear). That's the only time. HoTs held him up for a while so I got the change to cast it. Doubt Dreamstate builds are going to be seen in Arena thou =/

Point about Regrowt is the HoT really. But how many times do you really cast Regrowt in an arena match? I've mostly spammed Lifebloom(sometimes Rev and Swiftmend after 7 secs aswell) as faar as I know :P Would rather have what Eidriaen suggested. Increase te Resilience or something. Bet that would be faar more helping than a reduced time on Regrowt...

To sum it up, we get a lifebloom nerf, set bonus nerf and now everyone got a drinking in arena nerf.

Rey
26-02-2008, 11:59 PM
Need more nerfs
Giv all hots casting time imo!

Lednar
27-02-2008, 08:16 AM
Great time! Let's all head to the suggestions forum and tell them to do it asap...!
Worth a shot... let's start whine!!11!

Saha
27-02-2008, 09:18 AM
To sum it up, we get a lifebloom nerf, set bonus nerf and now everyone got a drinking in arena nerf.

Arena wise lifebloom got buffed due to increased bloom. Its PvE that suffers from ticks nerf.

Bunneh
27-02-2008, 09:42 AM
Need more nerfs
Giv all hots casting time imo!

With my ISP I don't need Blizzard to give them a cast time :(

Lednar
27-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Oh, after what I've heard the whole lifebloom thingy is getting nerfed...? Both the explosion and the tick...

Saha
27-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Source?

Chou
27-02-2008, 12:40 PM
nooooes dont nerf the only real challenge we get as warriors in arenas :(

i started to like to "stance-dance run" after druids ...

Lednar
28-02-2008, 07:56 AM
Need to find the source. If I can be able to find it at all -_-

Ailith
28-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Source?
Need to find the source. If I can be able to find it at all -_-

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html

Lifebloom healing coefficient has been reduced.
I'm guessing this affects both the dot and the bloom, however:

Empowered Rejuvenation: This talent now properly affects the final heal from Lifebloom.
Is the bloom buff (well, fix, tbh) Saha is referring to. So yea, both the bloom and dot are reduced, but you can get a bloom buff from the empowered rejuv talent.

Unless one of you is referring to something else I missed :)

Lednar
28-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Thank you. Wasn't thinking about the Patch Notes actually :P
Oh, a fix...yay... :P WTB Feral Range bug fix?

Ailith
28-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Wasn't thinking about the Patch Notes actually
Yes, I know that :P But it was the closest I found to show what you meant, unless you meant some other nerf?

Lednar
10-03-2008, 07:02 AM
Nah, it's alright. Haven't found the other one.

Wushlack
12-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Oh, after what I've heard the whole lifebloom thingy is getting nerfed...? Both the explosion and the tick...

The explosion is being nerfed with 20%, but Regrowth will be 20% cheaper, which isn't that much of a PvE healing nerf after all. The ticks is where most of the healing is done.