View Full Version : It starts again.

Bunneh
03-02-2008, 11:59 AM
I wasn't much of a PvPer, I did a stint a few months back when my Druid was 29 but rapidly got bored. I mooched about, leveled up fast and farmed for ages to get most of the gear I have, since I don't raid as much as I did. Flitted from the Druid to the Mage, then back again and now found a true love for my druid.

Recently, in between the rampages around Nagrand and decimation of the Clefthoof population, I found myself doing some PvP in Halaa, then flitting to Hellfire, doing a bit there and then yesterday the Bonewastes. Now yes, it's nothing to most PvPers, they've seen it, done it and probably grown bored - but yesterday in a small group in the Bonewastes I actually found myself enjoying it again.

A couple of months back I started learning to play with keybinds. Having been a clicker previously I knew how hard it is for a melee class in PvP if you're a clicker. I couldn't keep up with the bouncing players and their fast reactions. That changed when I bound jump to a middle mouse button, bound mangle, bite and various others to my keyboard.

So with the advent of S2 going 'welfare' in 2.4 I'm hitting Battlegrounds again. Poor little Leafshadow is going to get a pounding as I have no res gear, but if I can just be a thorn in the side of the 'enemy', at least I can do my bit. I've been told to grab pre mades, but I don't know of any so I'm likely to PuG my way through BGs.

See you on the battlefield, probably dead and running back to my corpse :)

Đightrain
03-02-2008, 12:14 PM
Argh they're actually putting S2 as honor gear? S1 is fine, just make S2 a very cheap arena set that can only be bought if you have over 1500 rating. Or remove it totally in place of S3.

Malakali
03-02-2008, 12:37 PM
Like s2 isnt cheap already...

Corruption
03-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Wont Season 4 come out quite a bit after 2.4 hits though?

Gyundor
03-02-2008, 12:44 PM
S4 still seems rather far away, grab them S1 bits first :P

Malakali
03-02-2008, 09:53 PM
S1 now or save for s2?

Turiel
03-02-2008, 10:54 PM
I'd say you're 2 months away at least from S2 being honor gear, so get S1.

Bunneh
07-02-2008, 12:07 PM
I've finally seen why people say 'Alliance suck at BGs' - I've been *PuGing EotS, trying to get the daily done. We out numbered the Horde most of the times but they're just alot more organised. I try my best to work in a team, I buff, I heal, I decurse and support my team, but there's always some who seem to just not have any idea on what the hell they're doing. That said I still had a great time and by no means consider this as 'whining', I just saw what others have already known for a good long while.

*PuG being the key word here.

On a positive note, even though we lost 6 in a row, it was alot of fun. Bumped into a Tauren Druid, and we fought for a good 5 minutes behind the Draenei Ruins, neither of us won or lost, we stunned each other, healed, and carried on - then the BG ended. Didn't have much trouble with Warlocks, although their Fel Guards hit sodding hard. Mages aren't much of a pain as I can tend to get out of their nova by power shifting, chased one mage down until I got the fecker, can't shake a crazy kitty off :)

More BG tonight, bug has bitten again.