View Full Version : Need ideas for a warrior pvp movie.

tedde
26-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Ok,

I've specced my warlock for raiding and decided that if im ever gooing to make another pvp movie (the first one was on lock just to try out recording a bit) it's gonna be on my dear warrior.

I'm not as good as all the vengeful etc warriors that usually make movies and my gear atm is full S1 + some vindicator stuff. I don't have a good arena team and i'm not likely to get one any time soon.

So my options are BG's , pvp at towers etc in hellfire or something and around 1500 rated Arena.

What can I possibly do to make a movie that wouldent just be booring? I'm getting a shiny new pc soon so ill be able to record in very high quality. I'm trying to find inspiration for editing from established movies. But what should be included in the movie? Or what should be avoided ? Any input is appriciated :D

Stim
27-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Good music and neat editing.

Arthalet
27-01-2008, 12:20 PM
You could do, like in swifty´s movie, duel one of each class. Dying to a alot of enemies etc, putting sad music on, also makes the movie entertaining, as your not always killing killing killing killing, and shows that even "the best" (those who makes movies etc) can be killed.
Showing some nice killing sprees where you eventuelly have one or more healers with you is also good entertainment in my opinion. Editing it alot and only taking good scenes/scenes fitting the movie, will also more likely lead to more succes. Take your time and get some good clips, then editing them nicely. I've seen a movie or 2 where the cam was swinging around the players screen, and in my opinion that did'nt worked well. Hope it can help.

Gumdrops
27-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Do the non-rated arenas and queue by yourself, see how you manage with random people.

Kathra
27-01-2008, 02:46 PM
Do the non-rated arenas and queue by yourself, see how you manage with random people.

That is fun sometimes, you get interesting fights like Warrior/Warrior Vs. Holy Priest/Resto Druid

Myriima
27-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Download the nude patch and fight female nigh elves and humans exclusively

Flawless
27-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Get 2 healers, record yourself only when you can use recklessness, play with better gear than your opponents, run away when low on HP, play only in BG's.

Valoran
27-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Get 2 healers, record yourself only when you can use recklessness, play with better gear than your opponents, run away when low on HP, play only in BG's.
Pat, oh how I've missed you!

Thordyn
27-01-2008, 07:55 PM
world pvp

tedde
28-01-2008, 02:58 AM
Hmm, well i guess my 2v2 partner atm beeing a warlock we might be a bit odd combo, not exacly ideal atleast. I'll try to get some nice clips of games that went really well, win or loose. Saw a movie today with a rogue + druid vs warrior + druid and it looked like the enemy druid was gooing down , couldent even see his hp and then he got away and the warrior team won a few mins later. Very entertaining imo. :D

Slasheh
28-01-2008, 09:05 AM
according to armory theres no warrior called prestige..

if youre in the 1500 ratings theres no point in even making a video..

anyway.. warrior movies are shit unless its world pvp without a healer

tedde
28-01-2008, 09:41 AM
I've transfered and had to change my name =) Just havent had the energy to update my sig.

Ailith
28-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Arena at such a low rating rarely contains 'good' opponents to provide enough entertainment. Most low rating arena movies I've seen are with nv1(where 'n' is any number higher than 1) and they were mostly n players who didn't know what they were doing against a superior geared player, so not that much enjoyment either.

I would suggest BG fights. Yea, usually players who don't know what they're doing and undergeared but provides for more fun due to the landscape and randomness.

Duels against better or similar geared players which allows for some showing off of class knowledge.

World PvP, but as this is a normal server it will be harder to find and less random than from a PvP server.

Warlee
03-02-2008, 06:49 PM
world pvp with some 2v2 fights in interesting setup, like warrior and boomkin