View Full Version : Question about rating and rank

tedde
21-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Ok, I left this server again a while ago to play with some IRL friends of mine on an RP server. Not that I'm very interested in RP but they apperantly like the server. Anyways , to my question.

I joined a really bad 5v5 and we finished by loosing 10 out of 10 games and ended up at 1299 rating.

Weird thing is , even when we had 1400 or below rating we kept meeting teams with full S3 gear includin shoulders and weapons.
And at the end we were ranked number 241!!! in the battlegroup, that sounds too me a bit high with such crappy rating?

Can anyone help me understand this? How could we face such overgeared teams at such a low rating ? Is our ranking an indication that there are probably no more than 250 or so teams in the whole 5v5 bracket in this battlegroup? I did get warnings that Ruin was the worst BG in europe but this is just weird.

Sloth
21-01-2008, 02:42 PM
are you sure you're ranked 241 with 1299 rating ? cause according to armory and if this is your team you are ranked 1700th.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/team-info.xml?r=Steamwheedle+Cartel&ts=5&t=Pain+Of+Salvation&select=Pain+Of+Salvation&fl=1

It's pretty weird you keep facing teams with s3 gear and weapons, maybe you're just playing at odd times , how much rating did you lose to them ?

edit : clicking the link might crash your browser :p

Ailith
21-01-2008, 02:53 PM
My horde mage is in the Ruin battlegroup, and there are more teams than 250 in there ;) Even though the battlegroup itself has only a few servers :(

You can fight low ranked teams with gladiator gear. But it doesn't usually happen. The rest of the post doesn't really make much sense in a "how can this happen" sort of way.

Short answer, I dont know... sorry :)

I must add though, whenever I've joined or created a new arena team. My in-game arena UI screen (on the honor page) gets all confused until I restart warcraft. So I will typically restart after joining or creating a new team.

tedde
21-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Ok, ill clear things up a bit =)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Steamwheedle+Cartel&n=Argsint

This is the character im pvping with atm on SWC. 5v5 was rating 1399 (remembered it wrong) but still says 241 ranking.

Tried some games on my warlock aswell and people left the team after loosing 8 games against 3 different teams all in S3 gear aswell , even if I tried to get them to play 2 more games just for points they refused and didnt want to play more arena lol.
We lost about 8-10 rating against these teams btw. one game we only lost 3 i think.

tedde
21-01-2008, 03:13 PM
OH and we play sunday afternoons

Turiel
21-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Well, it happens to us a lot too in 2v2.

Put it this way - just because a team has a crap rating in one group, doesn't mean they have a crap rating in another. So they can get full S3 gear from their high rated 3v3 team but be in a shit 5v5 team thats at 1400.

Oh and also, apparently there's quite a few people who get a high rating with their team, get the gear they want, then wipe the team and start again, because its more fun to kill people easier (it's the same sort of feeling as twinking).

Gyundor
21-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Ive seen it happen a lot in 2v2 aswell and its usually people who's classes/specs perform better in 5v5 but when put together in 2v2 actually dont do as good. And this could be the same vice versa I reckon.

Kathra
21-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Happens in every bracket, on my blue/S1 geared rogue we've managed to hold 1550-1600 in 2v2/3v3 but it gets harder with every game we win.

The amazing thing is some of the well-geared combos that hover around that rating, for example all the hunter/druid and warlock/priests who don't make it over 1500.

Just take comfort in the fact that 90% of teams you beat you are the complete underdog.

Sloth
22-01-2008, 02:08 PM
http://armory.wow-europe.com/team-info.xml?r=Hakkar&ts=5&t=I+Furbini&select=I+Furbini&fl=1

looking at this team you are right and the competition on ruin seems to suck.

122 wins to gain 550 rating is about 4.5 rating average gained / win.