View Full Version : Advice on uncrushable

Stunted
16-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Ok as the title say's im looking for advice on attaining uncrushable -

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowsong&n=Stunted

That is me, yes, yes i know not that good, but hey it works for me at the mo. So how can i attain uncrushable via heroics and casual Kara. Suggestions on gear and enchants welcome (i do not want pvp gear!).

kris
16-01-2008, 11:46 AM
You don't need to do any heroics. The easiest thing to do is to go to Kara and pick tanking plate, all the stuff there is an upgrade to you. Anyway, there's some things you can pick in normal instances, that are quite an upgrade for you.
1. Trinkets from SH and SL, both are quite nice. The SH one will make you uncrushable faster but once you pass that point the SL one is better.
2. Cloak from SV final boss.
3. Aldor revered chest.

Also, download a mod called TankPoints, it'll help you more than any forum post can.

Vegelus
16-01-2008, 12:29 PM
You don't need to do any heroics. The easiest thing to do is to go to Kara and pick tanking plate, all the stuff there is an upgrade to you. Anyway, there's some things you can pick in normal instances, that are quite an upgrade for you.
1. Trinkets from SH and SL, both are quite nice. The SH one will make you uncrushable faster but once you pass that point the SL one is better.
2. Cloak from SV final boss.
3. Aldor revered chest.

Also, download a mod called TankPoints, it'll help you more than any forum post can.
Well You will, at some point, want to do heroics, cause badges rewards are more than awesome (hello Chestguard of Stoic Guardian?) and heroics are on 1 day timer (getting badges only from KZ/ZA is kinda slowish).

Stunted
16-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Well You will, at some point, want to do heroics, cause badges rewards are more than awesome (hello Chestguard of Stoic Guardian?) and heroics are on 1 day timer (getting badges only from KZ/ZA is kinda slowish).

Currently have 40ish badges and going for either the 71 point legs or the chest you mentioned. But i'm very concered about loosing spell damage.

Faylin
16-01-2008, 01:06 PM
But i'm very concered about loosing spell damage.
Don't be.

But, getting the S1 arena spelldamage mace might be a good idea.

Stunted
16-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Don't be.

But, getting the S1 arena spelldamage mace might be a good idea.

I suck at pvp :(

Faylin
16-01-2008, 01:33 PM
So does everyone else in AV

Flawless
16-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Do it with someone in guild Stunted and just go around healing them doing the towers in AV.

Arthran
16-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Dump Xi'ri's Gift, Kill terok in Terrokar a few times and get him to drop his nice 32def trinket. or Hold Moroes at gunpoint till he gives you his lovely watch.

Get the stoic chestpeice. its amazing. After that go for the belt/new cloak from there.
If your relitively well off on gold get the SSC palatank belt crafted (devotion charges 600g for the 2 vortex's. I know many other guilds will sell you the vortex's)

Really dont worry about spell damage. if you can get either the exalted HH sword or the Exalted LC mace or even the S1 mace. at your level 200-250 spell damage unbuffed is fine if you use weapon oils.

Pick up T4 shoulders asap (yes i know you said Heroics/Kara. But joining a casual raid alliance like www.ootd.eu for weekly Gruul farms might help you alot)

personally due to the 11 dodge and almost 20 more stam i prefer the timewardens legs (revered with KoT) over the felsteel ones.

Farm steamvaults for the Devilshark cloak. It has more dodge and defence and will offer your more avoidance to help reach unrushable.

Overall worry about uncrushable first then stamina, as high hp doesnt help much if your eating a lot of crushing blows.

If you want any more advice feel free to contact me in game.

Flawless
16-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Good advice Arth, Stunted knows where to go should he need Gold :p

Arthran
16-01-2008, 01:57 PM
i've adviced more than a few new pala tanks on the right path to take ;-)

But hey, if you learn something, spread the love (and knowledge)

Stunted
16-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Good advice Arth, Stunted knows where to go should he need Gold :p

Aye the wife, she is one farming gold machine she bought me 2 flying epic mount training already :)

Flawless
16-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Hmm... ask her to give me some

Arthran
16-01-2008, 02:01 PM
hehe, i have at least 4 guildies with 12k gold or more each...

Scary scary people

Stunted
16-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Thanks for all the advice so far, some very good item suggestions which i will check out once i get home (wowhead is banned in work). It's now a matter of farming and hoping for lucky drops.

Oh on a side note most of this gear has been picked up over the last 3/4 weeks as until then i was holy :)

Arthran
16-01-2008, 02:22 PM
contact me when your on wow this eve and im sure i can help you out some

fizzan
16-01-2008, 03:57 PM
if u dont like loosing your spelldmg .. then enchant your gloves with spelldmg..
and i will suggest u to enchant your cloak with dodge instead of armor.. and enchant your shield with block rating.. both will help u to reach uncrushable faster...

Senex
16-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Farm Kargath until FotC drops. Not only will it help you reach uncrushability faster, its activated ability is extremely versatile. Whether you're farming supplicants in Karabor, soloing Stratholme or clearing out a mine in AV, you can't go wrong with FotC.

thurlog
17-01-2008, 02:19 PM
http://www.wowwiki.com/Paladins_as_Tanks

http://www.wowwiki.com/BC_tanking_equipment_%28paladin%29

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/

Enkal
23-01-2008, 09:17 AM
Farm Kargath until FotC drops. Not only will it help you reach uncrushability faster, its activated ability is extremely versatile. Whether you're farming supplicants in Karabor, soloing Stratholme or clearing out a mine in AV, you can't go wrong with FotC.

Yea get the FotC, it's probably the best aoe tanking trinket in game. :cool: