View Full Version : Noobiest

Turiel
12-01-2008, 04:15 AM
Some dude who apparently plays twink 10-19 bgs. Everyone singing his praises as the best rogue ever, but check out some of what he writes.

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=2341764602&sid=1

I got massive lvl 70 chars cauz this reason:my account is like a %%%%%..cauz i share it with all guys i want..the funny thing is that they pay for make a char in my account ^^
a guy want play wow for first time, come in my shop, asked me for make a char, i borrow my account ( he donnow ) he start make this char..after 3 months i not come more in my shop.. but i hold the char lvl up by him ^^.

Kathra
12-01-2008, 06:06 AM
Interesting how he barely speaks english, yet he types better than most people in Britain text on their phones.

Weird.

Tsarina
12-01-2008, 07:54 AM
I actually read that post already. And a couple of others where he's topic. And being the best lvl 19 rogue doesn't really mean anything. It's like being the world's best Featherweight. Who cares? A decent heavyweight would still beat you.

Oogie
12-01-2008, 10:25 AM
It's like being the world's best Featherweight. Who cares? A decent heavyweight would still beat you.

Nice analogy.

Is this guy actually serious? In that excerpt, he is pretty much owning up to selling accounts. Not so much, but renting the space on his for real cash.

Turiel
12-01-2008, 12:01 PM
I know... whatever about saying you do it on SSE (which would just gain you the derision of the community) he does it on the official boards. Heh. Hope he gets banned.

Although I'm interested in how he's the best level 19 rogue. I mean... its not like you can do all that much at level 19. I'd say his reputation is mostly down to his twinkage.

Malakali
12-01-2008, 12:14 PM
fuck twinks in the ass
Takes no skill if you have a rogue with crusader and a bucket load of HP

Problem
12-01-2008, 01:04 PM
I actually know that guy, because he plays on my old server (with his twink), and he is italian like me! He also plays some troll mage on an "italian" server where he cleared BT, and that is his main. Anyway getting praised because your twink has 40% dodge is ridiculous :P L2P!!!

Rey
12-01-2008, 01:28 PM
You arent Italian.
Italians cant speak english!

Misscraw
12-01-2008, 02:39 PM
I have a twink in his guild.

Maybe he can be a little arrogant, but seriously. People don't tread him good. Alot of people hate him without a reason, and alot just hate him because their friend do without even knowing him. Yes, he is a very good twink, and if you know him(like me) you'll like him too. The starter of the thread (Cerulean) is also a good friend of me. I knew he didn't like Noobiest, but I also knew that he didn't had a reason to it. Maybe Noobiest says some stupid sh*t sometimes, but obviously people aren't fair to him at all.

Remember this is my opinion, I'm not just saying it because he's my friend, and trying to protect him. But the people in the Twink comunity haven't been fair to him at all.

That's my opinion.

Mischief
12-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Fleshmissile II tbh

Theleb
12-01-2008, 06:09 PM
It seems as tho he's been misrepresented on several occassions - I'm actually thinking about rolling up a Horde there just to see what all the fuss is about (and for a nice diversion from alliance).

On the subject.....Twink vs Twink (the community is rife with people in the same gear, at the same level, with the same builds) then a Duel comes down to skill, with some luck thrown in......against your average player a Twink is pure murder with no skill involved and I think thats what winds so many people up.

Oh well, take it or leave it I guess...

Sloth
12-01-2008, 07:05 PM
It seems as tho he's been misrepresented on several occassions - I'm actually thinking about rolling up a Horde there just to see what all the fuss is about (and for a nice diversion from alliance).

On the subject.....Twink vs Twink (the community is rife with people in the same gear, at the same level, with the same builds) then a Duel comes down to skill, with some luck thrown in......against your average player a Twink is pure murder with no skill involved and I think thats what winds so many people up.

Oh well, take it or leave it I guess...

how can it be skill with so little talents allowed?

Theleb
12-01-2008, 07:15 PM
How can it not be?

You have a modicum of class abilities, and a few talents.....applying a rather more minimal amount of talents doesn't take the same sort of ability as PvP at 70 but its not mindless button-bashing when you remove the gear equation.

Đightrain
12-01-2008, 07:44 PM
A lvl 19 twink is gonna do what? stealth, ambush, backstab/SS spam, evasion, sprint, evis and gouge as the only cc and the trinket to break cc. I think that's all of it =/ So the only "skills" i can think of would be to gouge, run off and stealth and hope the person you're fighting is too thick to stealth aswell, and to use a trinket to remove gouge... ausum skill.

Theleb
12-01-2008, 08:43 PM
I didn't say it was ausum, I said it wasn't entirely mindless - which is main point people seem to raise when criticising twinks.

(No, I'm not defending them - just pointing out there are some pretty decent players in there given the limitations you point out.....and I did say take it or leave it :D )

Sloth
12-01-2008, 08:49 PM
what I'm saying is that it doesn't take a lot to be a decent twink.

Kinshara
12-01-2008, 09:22 PM

Time, or lots of gold... that's about it.

It was quite amusing last time I went into 10-19 wsg(several months ago, with my then-lvl15 mage) -- had about 3 twinks that would always chase after me for an easy kill. Of course, I just ran around the battleground, occasionally sheeping/novaing/blinking if they looked like they were catching up. My teammates ran rampant while this was going on, leading to an easy 3-0 victory.

Yeah, you can kill me in a single white hit, but if you don't pay attention to the bg objectives you'll still lose miserably :)

Theleb
13-01-2008, 06:37 PM

Indeed, and I agree.

I was merely commenting on the deciding factor after you remove gear from the equation....but yes, 95% of the time money and patience (For the Fishing gear) = win.

▄ber
13-01-2008, 06:50 PM

You should try twinking to a higher level. I for example had a twink preTBC which I twinked up on lvl 19, 29, 39, 49 and 59 (not nearly fully twinked on all brackets but nevertheless).

I didn't like the lvl 10-19 bracket that much either but after that it became much more fun. 40-49 & 50-59 were clearly my favourite ones but unfortunately with the TBC items the lvl 59 twink became pretty useless. :<

F0rcer
13-01-2008, 11:13 PM
19 Twinks doesnt show any ''skills'' at all...... End Of Story!

Đightrain
15-01-2008, 10:21 AM
You should try twinking to a higher level. I for example had a twink preTBC which I twinked up on lvl 19, 29, 39, 49 and 59 (not nearly fully twinked on all brackets but nevertheless).

I didn't like the lvl 10-19 bracket that much either but after that it became much more fun. 40-49 & 50-59 were clearly my favourite ones but unfortunately with the TBC items the lvl 59 twink became pretty useless. :<

40-49 was ausum, lock twinks are actually worth running from then ;) 1 shot lolfiars \o/

Exting
15-01-2008, 09:29 PM
so basically 30-39 was my favourite pvp bracket.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/Stu-Kid/pvpownt.jpg

Sillithuz
17-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Twinking at 39+ is actually great fun, and although it doesen't take as much skill as 70 (not even close to), skill is still involved.

-forum troll that was bored and left trolling on wow-europe for a while to post here

Stim
18-01-2008, 09:04 AM
Twinking at 70> ALL.
NUff said.

Sillithuz
18-01-2008, 03:09 PM
The only way to twink at 70, is to roll warlock.

Wushlack
24-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Hai,
I think that Noobiest is overrated. When looking at Cyclone, I think that Shazzrah is one of the better ones. I use to beat Noobiest (the Orc Noobiest, there's also an alliance Noobiest twink, but much less geared and skilled).

You might know me better as Paxiral instead of Wushlack :P. For the hordes here, leading a twink guild at the alliance side of this realm.

Wushlack
24-01-2008, 02:47 PM

A lvl 19 twink is gonna do what? stealth, ambush, backstab/SS spam, evasion, sprint, evis and gouge as the only cc and the trinket to break cc. I think that's all of it =/ So the only "skills" i can think of would be to gouge, run off and stealth and hope the person you're fighting is too thick to stealth aswell, and to use a trinket to remove gouge... ausum skill.

Twinking is not all about talents. Besides that, I cannot point away that the difference is small. In adittion: winning in a duel between twinks is NOT the one who pops the most moves and items. There is certain skill in way of movement and collecting the right (rare) items involved. Many have not as much skills as players like Shazzrah, Dirtybishop, Soh etc.

Short said: there's the semi twinks, and the actual twinks. It occurs that three semi twinks with ~1,4k hp are being beaten by one other twink. Just to point out some of the skill involved.

Please go make a level 19 twink, preferably a rogue, before judging about this matter. It would surely help. Why is there not a single negative reaction from someone who actually posessed a twink? Oh yes.

Paxiral

▄ber
24-01-2008, 03:08 PM
Yes there is.

I didn't like the lvl 10-19 bracket that much either but after that it became much more fun.

Dullest possible pvp bracket. If I would create a twink now, it would be either lvl 49 or 69 (was much fun killing lvl 60 raiders back in the day with my lvl 59 twink ;) )

Turiel
24-01-2008, 06:11 PM
There is certain skill in way of movement and collecting the right (rare) items involved.

Well thats contradiction in itself. Gear does not equal Skill. There is no skill in "collecting the right (rare) items involved", simply time and luck. Movement, sure, I'll give you that.

I played my lvl 19 mage in quite a few WSGs. Its not a twink. The BG would be filled with rogues and hunters. There wasn't a single one that I could say "Oh, he won with skills". My biggest issue was running OOM before I could kill them due to their crazy hp.

Tsarina
24-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Short said: there's the semi twinks, and the actual twinks. It occurs that three semi twinks with ~1,4k hp are being beaten by one other twink. Just to point out some of the skill involved.

You sure pointed out the skill involved here.

Find me a good twink that has a main with a good arena rating.

Flawless
24-01-2008, 06:31 PM
What Turiel said is right, its just filled with rogues and hunters with LOL amounts of HP and LOL amounts of damage, since when was spamming sinister strike skilful?

Alliance swallows more shit than the population of America, fact.

Chopper
24-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Why is there not a single negative reaction from someone who actually posessed a twink?
Because people who like their PvP dumbed down to the lowest possible competetive level are incapable of providing a useful opinion.

Kinshara
24-01-2008, 08:11 PM
I played my lvl 19 mage in quite a few WSGs. Its not a twink. The BG would be filled with rogues and hunters. There wasn't a single one that I could say "Oh, he won with skills". My biggest issue was running OOM before I could kill them due to their crazy hp.

Yep, I never even managed to get them to 50% health before running out; I decided to just sheep/slow people chasing the flag runner (or stop theirs), and not actually deal any serious amount of damage myself. Until I levelled out of the bracket, anyway.

30-39 has been the nicest so far in terms of actually getting the chance to kill people as a lowbie.

Briggs
25-01-2008, 11:29 AM
Why is there not a single negative reaction from someone who actually posessed a twink? Oh yes.

Paxiral

i had a twink! \o/ and i can say it do not require much skills to win.. so i kinda lvl'd him to 70..

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9112/wowscrnshot032407032329ud4.th.jpg (http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wowscrnshot032407032329ud4.jpg)

don't require alot of skills to do that.. and that's before he even was 49 and fully twinked \o/
or should we all agree i was the best lvl 48 lock cause my soulfire crit for alot?

Wushlack
06-02-2008, 10:33 AM
Well thats contradiction in itself. Gear does not equal Skill. There is no skill in "collecting the right (rare) items involved", simply time and luck. Movement, sure, I'll give you that.

Agree on that, i contradict myself there. I might have meant it wrong at the point that some items are overrated, and some are underrated by many twinks.
Edit: I agree on your level 19 part. It requires a more similar gear level. However, if you would make a 19 hunter, and just give him a clefthide, I am sure that you would be able to get some rogues.

You sure pointed out the skill involved here.

Find me a good twink that has a main with a good arena rating.

I am sure that there will be twinks with a good arena rating on their main. The point is however, that the main character and the twinked character remain unlinked. I don't know many mains of the twinks. There is at least one twink in Fury (an alliance twink guild) whose main raids in The Eye, Mount Hyjal and a start in Black Temple. If you want his name, I can ask you for it. Raiding at that level would require some skill in my opinion.

Well this is my opinion at least ^_^

Slicer
06-02-2008, 10:42 AM
There is at least one twink in Fury (an alliance twink guild) whose main raids in The Eye, Mount Hyjal and a start in Black Temple. If you want his name, I can ask you for it. Raiding at that level would require some skill in my opinion.

Raiding in itself requires no 'skill', it's just pushing a set series of buttons to maximize threat or damage. The only form of raiding that could require skill in my eyes would be healing, but even then it would be very limited.

Wushlack
06-02-2008, 11:24 AM
i had a twink! \o/ and i can say it do not require much skills to win.. so i kinda lvl'd him to 70..

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9112/wowscrnshot032407032329ud4.th.jpg (http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wowscrnshot032407032329ud4.jpg)

don't require alot of skills to do that.. and that's before he even was 49 and fully twinked \o/
or should we all agree i was the best lvl 48 lock cause my soulfire crit for alot?

Locks are nubs, they only have to spam their curses :p

Serious tho - at higher levels, gear makes a smaller difference until 60, where the difference becomes greater again. Because there's more spells to use, and more moves can be made against you, more skill would be useful to have, in order to survive and kill longer.
Have you also tried to duel a serious other level 49 (warlock)twink? That's where the skill comes in in my opinion.

Wushlack
06-02-2008, 11:25 AM
Raiding in itself requires no 'skill', it's just pushing a set series of buttons to maximize threat or damage. The only form of raiding that could require skill in my eyes would be healing, but even then it would be very limited.

Could you please state the definition of skill in that case? In my opinion, WoW is all about pushing buttons (and maybe some macros/special keybindings)

Slicer
06-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Could you please state the definition of skill in that case? In my opinion, WoW is all about pushing buttons (and maybe some macros/special keybindings)

Raiding is all about set events, you know what will happen in advance and can prepare for said outcomes. The majority of raiding is built around time and not being a retard (example being standing in the raid on Solarian with a bomb). There are no super random fights anymore, the closest I can think of would be random spike damage.

As opposed to PvP where your opponent could react in a multitude of ways, some of these could be predictable and others could catch you completely off guard. This combined with so many more random effects like resists, parries or dodges which play a much larger part in PvP than they do in raiding terms. I've been raiding for the last two and a half years and can say that raiding does not require skill. It requires a general knowledge of the class to make you more efficient in your set role, a rough idea of the boss fight in question and the ability to follow a set strategy.

PvP uses far more abilities than PvE ever will, there is no set plan of what will happen and it's largely left to a player's reactions and individual playstyle.

Wushlack
06-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Raiding is all about set events, you know what will happen in advance and can prepare for said outcomes. The majority of raiding is built around time and not being a retard (example being standing in the raid on Solarian with a bomb). There are no super random fights anymore, the closest I can think of would be random spike damage.

As opposed to PvP where your opponent could react in a multitude of ways, some of these could be predictable and others could catch you completely off guard. This combined with so many more random effects like resists, parries or dodges which play a much larger part in PvP than they do in raiding terms. I've been raiding for the last two and a half years and can say that raiding does not require skill. It requires a general knowledge of the class to make you more efficient in your set role, a rough idea of the boss fight in question and the ability to follow a set strategy.

PvP uses far more abilities than PvE ever will, there is no set plan of what will happen and it's largely left to a player's reactions and individual playstyle.

Good post, and you are right.
More coming soon - gotta leave right now ;) good to have a good discussion

Kathra
06-02-2008, 12:01 PM
As opposed to PvP where your opponent could react in a multitude of ways,

Yeah! That druid could cyclone OR root you!

Joking ofc. Slicer is completely right. Nothing more needs to be said here, twinking is a mockery and an exploitation of WoW itemisation and lowlevel PvP. The fact is, blizzard would have fixed this sooner, and now its totally out of their control. There is nothing they can do short of removing all gear enchantments from players, and we all know that isnt going to happen, so its a shame now that new players will have to face this shit when they try BGs pre 70

edit: Enchantments from players 1-69, which is obviously bullshit because then they'd have to individually check through every twink and consider enchantments, as i said, not going to happen.

Kinshara
06-02-2008, 12:02 PM

The thing is, dpsers and tanks have fairly static ability rotations; you press your buttons in the exact same order to get your dps/tps as high as possible(and mitigation as well, for tanks). The more interesting part of pve comes from awareness -- watching for events, knowing where to move, being able to adapt a little if something goes wrong. But the events still happen in a scheduled order... once you've gotten it down, a given encounter tends to be quite easy unless it's a gear check. Healers take the most skill in pve, imo, simply due to random raid damage -- proper triage and prioritization is necessary.

Đightrain
06-02-2008, 12:12 PM
twinking is a mockery and an exploitation of WoW itemisation and lowlevel PvP. The fact is, blizzard would have fixed this sooner, and now its totally out of their control. There is nothing they can do short of removing all gear enchantments from players,

Surely there's a way to make the twink enchants have a lvl of their own (like making crusader lvl 50, mongoose lvl 60), so that when joining a bg either the player can then be put in the lvl bracket they should be on depending on the enchants, or everyone with enchants higher than their char lvl have to wait in queue for a bg against other twinks.

Đightrain
06-02-2008, 12:19 PM

Ofc it is, but you can play against one person and think "wow he was shit" and then play against the same class, same lvl, similar gear and lose, because some players know how to kite or when to use the right buttons against which classes. That's like saying something liek uuurm... archery isn't about skill... it's just about pulling some string and letting go. There's slightly more to it than pushing buttons...

Also lvl 49 locks are more fun as destro, which isn't all about putting dots and curses on, while seduce nuking is hardly skilled it still requires more than dot n run, still not skill though. I was a 49 lock twink for a while, not really heavily twinked but still managed to beat the ubertwinks that had no idea how to play. Also even though it didn't require much skill (there were some cases it was needed tbh) it'd still take more skill than the lowbie brackets atleast.

vattghern
06-02-2008, 12:26 PM
One can say: CS is not about skill. It's about pushing buttons and moving your mouse. How many will agree? Basicly every activity can be broken into basic parts (actions) and then we cannot talk about skill.

Ajial
06-02-2008, 12:35 PM
One can say: CS is not about skill. It's about pushing buttons and moving your mouse. How many will agree? Basicly every activity can be broken into basic parts (actions) and then we cannot talk about skill.

Isn't that pretty much the running thing with actions in rl too? Where does it end? I'd say that knowledge is the biggest skill in WoW. Alot of new players are predictable in what they do, predictability is weakness. The level at which this is true isn't always apparent. As a healer, for example, if you can predict who is going to take damage, it makes the fight easier.

People talk about skill, but what do they mean? There are 3 key elements to "skill" in wow, first and foremost is experience, if you know something could (in pvp) or is going to (in pve) then you can exploit everyone/things weakness as explained above. Second is reaction, sometimes unexpected happens, how fast can you adapt and take control of the new situation and lastly I think that its based alot on randomness however this can alot of the time be overcome by 1 + 2.

Skills? It's pretty much an obsolete word, its basically an elitist way are saying noob. Everyone as some degree of skill, the level at which this is true does, however, differ vastly from one to another :P

Kathra
06-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Surely there's a way to make the twink enchants have a lvl of their own (like making crusader lvl 50, mongoose lvl 60), so that when joining a bg either the player can then be put in the lvl bracket they should be on depending on the enchants, or everyone with enchants higher than their char lvl have to wait in queue for a bg against other twinks.

There would be ways to exploit it, and given the typical twink player (not speaking for EVERYONE) i'm sure the type of person who gears up a level 19 to scare off level 10's in white gear wouldn't think twice about bypassing the system.

Of course, it isn't blizzards fault. They probably, like many of us, didn't expect that players would be so scared of level 70 competitive PvP that they'd resort to fighting players 3-8 levels lower than themselves. I just wish these players could get into the mindset of new people who buy WoW and want to take a break from levelling by doing some casual PvP.

Speaking from experience, after levelling Kathra to 60, doing some pvp, and rerolling a mage alt on another server, I wanted to see what Mage PvP was like while levelling. I remember the good old days where you could join a 30-39 or a 20-29 Warsong gulch and enjoy the lack of gear dependance. Where levels affected performance, but you weren't discouraged because even though the levels make a difference, it wasn't truly gamebreaking, you'd get frequent resists but in most cases you'd be ok given the range of player levels in that bracket. Plus, you could always just get to a higher level in the bracket and experience some "fair game" pvp where the opponents differ to you by perhaps 1-2 levels.

A few months ago I rerolled a warlock because I had some random free time, and at level 19 I decided to hit warsong gulch and try out some warlock pvp. What I met was players with retarded amounts of hp and damage, where I literally had absolutely no chance Vs. same level players. I'd fully dot up a player, then fear him, and cast some bolts etc, but my damage would hardly show up on their healthbar. Then once the fear was hit by DR, the player would just run towards me and literally three-shot me and follow it up with a classic /spit.

I just fucking wish these players would get into the mindset of a new player, i have two level 70 characters that I PvP frequently on, thus my warlock antics were of no major concern to me. However what if i'd just bought the game and wanted to see what WoW pvp was like? To have that shit as your first pvp experience, i think i'd be put off levelling for a long time.

(apologies for the tl;dr but i fucking hate twinks)

Đightrain
06-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Yeah so true, my resto durid has been pvping in every lvl bracket and every time it's the same problem, hoping that 50-59 wont be SO bad, the only really good thing i've found is that since i spend most of my time flag running, the twinks dont really bother me as they're miles away hk farming elsewhere \o/

Edit: how could that be exploited?

Kathra
06-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Yeah so true, my resto durid has been pvping in every lvl bracket and every time it's the same problem, hoping that 50-59 wont be SO bad, the only really good thing i've found is that since i spend most of my time flag running, the twinks dont really bother me as they're miles away hk farming elsewhere \o/

Edit: how could that be exploited?

1. Remove Gear
2. Queue
3. Re-equip gear a minute into the game.

They can't stop you from joining if the gear is in your inv, and i dont think they'll change banning gearswap in arena anytime soon

Gwynin
07-02-2008, 11:31 AM
The gear check Blizz talked about for normal bgs is in place, atleast Im sure Ive read a blue response about that. Its just very 'weak' since they rather have ppl playing than waiting too long, and also the gear check does check your inventory too if I remember correctly.

So they just need to tighten up the checks and stop being nice to twinks.

Ruud
08-02-2008, 01:55 PM
OFc I hate him, he scams people.... name and shame I say

Kathra
08-02-2008, 02:24 PM
1. Remove Gear
2. Queue

They can't stop you from joining if the gear is in your inv, and i dont think they'll change banning gearswap in arena anytime soon

In battlegrounds anytime soon~

Arena on the brain i guess Q_Q

Gwynin
08-02-2008, 02:42 PM
OFc I hate him, he scams people.... name and shame I say

wut?

Turiel
08-02-2008, 03:42 PM
The gear check - they stated that they'll check not only gear in your inventory (i.e. not worn) but in your bank too.

▄ber
08-02-2008, 03:45 PM
Loophole:

Vendor your gear for a minute and buy it back when the BG invitation pops, just hope you won't get disconnected while waiting in queue. :P

Sloth
08-02-2008, 03:49 PM
can't sell pvp gear

▄ber
08-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Oh.. right. :P

Hmm, let's see then... Delete gear and send a ticket to a GM so they would reimburse it and get it timed right making it happen just before the BG invitation pops up?

That should do it!

Gumdrops
08-02-2008, 03:56 PM
You can sell twink stuff since it's mostly BoE right?

Ajial
08-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Make it based on HK

Đightrain
08-02-2008, 10:07 PM
1. Remove Gear
2. Queue

But there's gotta be a way for it to scan your enchants while in queue and then cancel or somethings =/

Kathra
09-02-2008, 04:20 AM
But there's gotta be a way for it to scan your enchants while in queue and then cancel or somethings =/

I guess, but i'm sure players would contest and the forum would be filled to the brim with whines.

e.g. Level 15 enchanter decides to give his boots +1 stam, so this gets picked up on the filter, but allows him in. Level 19 idiot with a +40stam w/e leg enchant gets pissed and claims it should be "all banned or nothing". Thus fucking up enchanting for levelling players.

I'm not sure exactly, but theres always a way to get around something like this, since you have to find a solid "cut-off" point between what constitutes a twink and what doesn't.

Đightrain
09-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Why would anyone care about the whines? It's still exploiting. Low lvl twinks annoy me even more than bots do. It doesn't fuck up enchanting for lvling players, it fucks up enchanters making money from ppl that aren't lvling. What "twink" enchants can you do at 10-19, 20-29, 30-39... If they make it so you can only do enchants that you'd be able to do at your lvl then it's fair.

Bunneh
10-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Some twinks do it because they want to wftpwn people with shit gear to make themselves feel better about themselves. It's no different to a high level going to the Crossroads/Sentinal Hill and tw*tting level 10s.

*is grumpy today*

Chou
12-02-2008, 08:28 AM
well, 10-19 now belongs to the twinks. if you want to have fun in this bracket, you have to twink. the only ways i could have fun not playing a twink in 10-19 is when i was a lock or hunter, wing clipping and fearing the damn twinks just to annoy them, and it was not about HK. i've been in some battleground where only 2 twink rogues could farm 5 or 6 peeps at the GY easily using speed pots to get in melee even faster, while they had your flag on the back so you couldnt end the game. what can you do vs a 1500 hp level 19 rogue with arena master trinket ? twink yourself and teach him !

if you want a low level bracket with less twink problems, try 30-39. i had my best low level pvp there, as lock hunter and mage. farm instances and screw enchants !

Sillithuz
17-02-2008, 12:41 AM
God, how i love level 19's claiming that their bracket takes alot of skill. Well, any competent person should be able to archieve the level of skill needed to maximize performance at level 19 with any class within 2 minutes of playing, if geared. Saying your the best rogue/whatever class in that level just means you are average at your class, or that the other people playing the class have some kind of problems keeping them from fucking strafing while pressing 2.

sageclaire
20-02-2008, 03:47 AM
well, a piece of my mind ...

i am with nightrain, i hate twinkers and i hate their gloats when they beat my lvl 29 ( non-twinked priestess ) in a duel or BG. in those early days i pvped with my mage ( about 3 yrs ago...) i never felt that much feeling of utter despair + hopelessness . in each BG brachet, most of the players are mainly levelers trying to try something different ( i.e BG ). but my last char's ( healclaire ) BGs are mostly filled with 3K hp rogues/ hunters ( thats like the basic lvl 60 hp pre-BC, pre-raiding ). When i was playing, i sometimes didnt enchant twinkers, just because i hate them. ( thou if i am in a pinch, goldwise, i'll enchant them half-heartedly ... )Playing my BF's rogue twink in doomhammer, i can say that twink rogues at 10-19 brachets can easily kill others with this rotation :

stealth -> ambush -> SS -> evis ( some gouge if he is up against some decent pvper and evasion vs warriors/rogues )

when they gloat on how skilled they are or how noob you are, that just further illustrates their character.

Taurture
12-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Erm guys. I am warlock twink, from Shadowsong...I know Noobiest in game and I know him pretty well...He is seriously one of the bestest twink rogue of all time in Cyclone and properly in Europe?

I been named that I am best warlock for Cyclone as far as I know.

All these message on 1st post...It is true.

And to you Misscraw....I know you hate my and Kaicy's guild...Yeah lot of shits going on last summer....then you left and join Runetotem to be with Noobiest without telling us? That's bad....Now we and other leader don't want to welcome you back in, in the future.
We fight it, now we're bringing the old times back up, which is hard task.

Happy killing in 10-19. I shall see you sometime.

TroldePus
12-03-2008, 08:01 PM
I always thought being a twink was about making WoW a lot simpler - like trying to turn back time to when all one had was 2 buttons and a joystick. If that requires skills... hmmm...

Taurture
12-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Hmm....It take months to gain skills, how to master your class against other classes. It's hard....Took me like 5-7 months to master it.

But I still find it hard to kill hunters (AkA Kiters) and Priest....Shield, heal, renew..pee me off :P

Sometime it not just 2 buttons :)

Flawless
12-03-2008, 09:05 PM
I bet, never the less twinking downgrades the skill required to be "good", or am I wrong in thinking that?

Gwynin
12-03-2008, 11:05 PM
a lvl 19 rogue has like what? 3 skills + stealth to use ? thats hardly a hard task to handle

Kinshara
12-03-2008, 11:35 PM
a lvl 19 rogue has like what? 3 skills + stealth to use ? thats hardly a hard task to handle

Pretty much, but even a couple of white hits was enough to kill my mage easily in that bracket. My priest fared a little better, more health + PW:S gave me a chance to fear them off.

I've seen quite a few rogues in the 30-39 bracket with mongoose enchants now, which is also a tad ridiculous.

Warlee
12-03-2008, 11:38 PM
God, how i love level 19's claiming that their bracket takes alot of skill. Well, any competent person should be able to archieve the level of skill needed to maximize performance at level 19 with any class within 2 minutes of playing, if geared. Saying your the best rogue/whatever class in that level just means you are average at your class, or that the other people playing the class have some kind of problems keeping them from fucking strafing while pressing 2.

qft

qtf!
'best lock' lol.

Lightsspark
13-03-2008, 09:33 AM
If he has others playing is account etc, how can you be sure that its actually him that you know and like. Also who CAN know him?

Turiel
13-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Hmm....It take months to gain skills, how to master your class against other classes. It's hard....Took me like 5-7 months to master it.

But I still find it hard to kill hunters (AkA Kiters) and Priest....Shield, heal, renew..pee me off :P

Sometime it not just 2 buttons :)

Rogues at level 70 aren't the most complicated of classes. At level 19... there's just so little involved in the actual class that I really don't see how there is much skill.

The same applies for most if not all of the classes I would think, not that I've played more than a couple.

Put it this way... if the playing field were even, with no twink enchants, I'm pretty sure my level 19 mage could have killed any rogue, including Noobiest. How am I so sure? Simply because I know exactly what rogues can and cant do at that level, so even though I'm not great at playing a mage, it has the abilities to beat them fairly easily.

Slicer
13-03-2008, 10:18 AM
At 19 a rogue has no vanish, no imp sprint, no CloS (obviously) and the only means of breaking a snare being the PvP trinket. Any semi-decent mage could hammer a non-twink rogue. There is little to no skill required at 19 on a twink. Sure, it may be fun to suddenly be 'good' at something. In reality though, you're just deluding yourself by thinking severely outgearing someone is skill.

Edit to that, the skills a rogue has at 19; gouge, sinister strike, backstab, kick, garrote, stealth, sap, evasion and sprint. Of course you can remove backstab or sinister depending on weapon use. Stealth is largely useless due to the speed reduction and probable lack of MoD. This in turn makes garrote useless, which it is at that level anyway. Two of those are 5 minute cooldowns, which leaves you with the total of SS / BS, gouge and kick, skill I say!

Lightsspark
13-03-2008, 10:39 AM
Lol I disagree, mage talents are pretty good but you die fast, if a rogue stealths up and hits you, he probably has 2 hits before you even realise... then you have to get your act together and fight back... the rogues already got the element of surprise.

Rogues aint that complicated, but playing a rogue well is. From a tanks perspective I have seen rogues that know the class, and then I have seen rogues that REALLY know the class, and the damage difference and survivability is incredible. Even at 19 knowing the class inside out you will always beat a noob.

Misscraw
13-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Erm guys. I am warlock twink, from Shadowsong...I know Noobiest in game and I know him pretty well...He is seriously one of the bestest twink rogue of all time in Cyclone and properly in Europe?

All these message on 1st post...It is true.

And to you Misscraw....I know you hate my and Kaicy's guild...Yeah lot of shits going on last summer....then you left and join Runetotem to be with Noobiest without telling us? That's bad....Now we and other leader don't want to welcome you back in, in the future.
We fight it, now we're bringing the old times back up, which is hard task.

Happy killing in 10-19. I shall see you sometime.

I told Kaicy, and btw you were inactive when i left ..and btw i quitted twinking aswell :P
Anyhow, i wasn't in your guild anymore when i left so. So there wasn't any need to tell you.

Chopper
13-03-2008, 12:58 PM

Best rogue twink, best warlock twink. Gee whizz, that surely is awesome.

The average level 70 would tear both of you a new one.

Muffy
13-03-2008, 01:11 PM
I'd Give anything to get on his account for an hour and ding it 20

Lightsspark
13-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Best rogue twink, best warlock twink. Gee whizz, that surely is awesome.

The average level 70 would tear both of you a new one.

To be honest I never listen to anyone who tells me they are the best at anything. I know people that are exceptional players, but they are also decently modest people who don't brag about it.

Sillithuz
13-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Pretty much, but even a couple of white hits was enough to kill my mage easily in that bracket. My priest fared a little better, more health + PW:S gave me a chance to fear them off.

I've seen quite a few rogues in the 30-39 bracket with mongoose enchants now, which is also a tad ridiculous.

I play 39 rogue aswell as i used to play 2000-2400 harp rogue in s2. There's not much of an difference, atleats not as much as you think!

-Stealthaw