View Full Version : Hotfix to leeching

Stunted
11-01-2008, 01:50 PM
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=2252306820&sid=1

To help improve the quality of play in Battlegrounds we have applied a Hotfix that significantly reduces the number of AFK reports needed to mark a player as inactive and prevent them from gaining Battleground Marks and Honor Points.

For information on how to do complete an AFK report, please see the “AFK Reporting” section here:
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/faq/afk.html

Also, our In-Game Support Department is regularly checking for inactive players and they will be issuing disciplinary measures for those found violating our policies.

Now all they need to do is find away to kick them from the BG's.

Muffy
11-01-2008, 01:55 PM
GG :o

Mischief
11-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Why the fuck does blizz need us to tell them that a toon is afk. If they're not pressing any buttons blizz, they're leeching. Hello?

Scouserlol
11-01-2008, 03:14 PM
They're pressing buttons through bots and macros Blizzard can't detect... so they need us to tell them that said player isn't pressing said buttons to actually play the game :D

Said = Word of the Day!

Mischief
11-01-2008, 03:16 PM
It still seems retarded. It's not hard to come up with some metrics that measure their contribution.

Stunted
11-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Thing is people only report the afk'ers in the cave, they never look for the ones up at the saw mill in AV, you can see 3 or 4 up there running into a wall.

Gumdrops
11-01-2008, 03:29 PM
They're pressing buttons through bots and macros Blizzard can't detect...

:(

Oogie
11-01-2008, 03:31 PM
:(

HAHAHA fucking owned :D

Ñightrain
11-01-2008, 07:01 PM
they never look for the ones up at the saw mill in AV

The wut now? o.O

Bunneh
12-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Something else has appeared on US forums about leeching. It's currently US only but may end up here in time.

In our continued efforts to support fair gameplay in World of Warcraft and to provide a positive experience for players, we are currently taking steps to ensure fair and enjoyable competition in the Battlegrounds. Starting immediately, we will be issuing warnings and penalties, including suspensions and the removal of Honor points and recently acquired Honor rewards, for non-participation in Battleground games.

We are taking action against thousands of accounts immediately, and will continue to monitor these situations and regularly take action against violators. If you encounter a player in a Battleground who is intentionally not participating in the battle for an extended period of time, please help us track the situation and report the player as AFK. For information on how to complete an in-game AFK report, please go here: (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/pvp/battlegrounds/info.html). All reports will be thoroughly investigated, and corrective action will only be taken if the violation is confirmed.

Thank you for your support and best of luck to you in all of your games in the Battlegrounds!

Link to the thread here (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=3881781638&sid=1&pageNo=1)

Stormslayer
14-01-2008, 12:57 AM
Thing is people only report the afk'ers in the cave, they never look for the ones up at the saw mill in AV, you can see 3 or 4 up there running into a wall.

i never look where someone is ... if i see 0 HKS, 0 KBS, 0 Deaths, 0 Dmg done, 0 HEaling done i report. as simple as that.

Kinshara
14-01-2008, 01:33 AM
i never look where someone is ... if i see 0 HKS, 0 KBS, 0 Deaths, 0 Dmg done, 0 HEaling done i report. as simple as that.

*nod. Covers the ones who bot a patrol path in the base as well.

Stim
14-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Funny thing is that I formed a ticket to a GM some time ago about my missbuy of a honor item. So the reply came when I was in AV. And while we chatted I didn't do a shit to play for good fucking 10 minutes. Leeching with GMs is t3h pr0!

Nimbus
14-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Fell through the world after a fear in an AV yesterday. Couldn't get out with Alt+F4 or whatever. Got reported as afk even if I told in /bg what happened and asked for someone to try and summon me... :( Still got the daily completed though. If it wouldn't have been for the daily I would have preferred getting kicked out without deserter buff.

Ogrosh
16-01-2008, 08:30 AM
Fell through the world after a fear in an AV yesterday. Couldn't get out with Alt+F4 or whatever. Got reported as afk even if I told in /bg what happened and asked for someone to try and summon me... :( Still got the daily completed though. If it wouldn't have been for the daily I would have preferred getting kicked out without deserter buff.

I jumped off the side of Icewing bunker the other day and vanished, never hit the ground as I fell through the world. Had to sit out the rest of the game there, fortunately didn't get given the debuff by anyone though!

Senex
16-01-2008, 06:16 PM
The latest trend is to kill harpies/gnolls in the caves. It counts for 'damage done' and provides surprisingly good XP for sub-70 leechers.

tin
17-01-2008, 07:42 AM

Stormpike Insignia Rank 6 (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=17904) and/or /AFK comes to mind...

Anyway... as much as I hate to admit it, I've kinda come to terms with AV leechers. Just report every player in the BG before the game starts (yup, that's right... I report everyone in the cave before the gates open). What really provokes me, however, are the morons leeching in AB / WSG / EotS. now that's annoying.

can't wait untill blizzard 'fixes' this... just like they 'fixed' AV... right??

-Tinlolcat

Tsarina
17-01-2008, 11:00 AM
You can't use the insignia because you're "moving" and not everyone wants to get deserter debuff because of a glitch in the game.

Ogrosh
17-01-2008, 11:25 AM
You can't use the insignia because you're "moving" and not everyone wants to get deserter debuff because of a glitch in the game.

Yup, exactly as it was for me.