View Full Version : Taking Garr solo

Gwynin
28-12-2007, 02:35 PM
1 warrior taking on (and killing Garr) solo, quite impressive gear wise imo

http://files.filefront.com/GarrFinalavi/;9325925;/fileinfo.html

Borwin
28-12-2007, 03:40 PM
I was gonna watch but cant stop looking at your avatar.

Exting
28-12-2007, 03:43 PM
dry humping isnt worth watching.

Valoran
28-12-2007, 04:05 PM
I tried to solo some stuff in MC, but I only managed to get the first set of molten giants to 16% on my own.

Can't see much difficulty with garr, though - all you need is some t6 and enough block value to negate the damage he does.

imigrid
28-12-2007, 05:40 PM
You would need like 6 shields or something aswell?

Scouserlol
29-12-2007, 06:44 PM
You would need like 6 shields or something aswell?

Yeh. Why not take a 7th... just incase?

Gwynin
30-12-2007, 01:45 AM
From what his combat log says in that movie most of the attacks on him where parried or just misses, added with the fact that he's in T6 gear it would prolly take more than Garr to wear out his durability

thurlog
30-12-2007, 10:12 AM
and he's prot specced (devestate as his main attack in the movie) standing whole fight in defensive stance.

Chonar
31-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Is he actually regaining HP with the Crusader enchant there?

Gwynin
31-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Well he is switching weapons every now and then, and I would guess he's using that weapon from bt/mh that gives some sorta life drain thing.

Also on other notes, when can we expect to see Chonar solo farm for his last binding? ;)

Oogie
31-12-2007, 03:02 PM
More likely to see Chonar old boy farming Valor :D

Valoran
31-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Is he actually regaining HP with the Crusader enchant there?
They're taking exactly zero damage for the most part, they only needed crusader after fucking up and showing a mob their back. :P

The entire combat table has been filled so that no attack can "hit". Everything will be blocked/dodged/parried or just plain miss. For anything that gets blocked, their block value is higher than the damage they would take, so damage is totally mitigated.

When I tried soloing MC, the first double giant pull stumped me as their knockback attack couldn't be blocked nor miss - so I was taking hits for 900 periodically.

Chonar
31-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Well he is switching weapons every now and then, and I would guess he's using that weapon from bt/mh that gives some sorta life drain thing.

Also on other notes, when can we expect to see Chonar solo farm for his last binding? ;)

Well, I *still* need Geddon's binding. Perhaps when I hit 450 fire res with 490 defense at the same time.

Gwynin
31-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Anytime Chonar, anytime...

MC has taunted me with those bindings for 2 years and Im still at zero bindings, I want revenge ;)

Theory
31-12-2007, 10:11 PM
I tried to solo some stuff in MC, but I only managed to get the first set of molten giants to 16% on my own.

Can't see much difficulty with garr, though - all you need is some t6 and enough block value to negate the damage he does.

think about the trinket that drops in shattered halls

Valoran
01-01-2008, 01:12 AM
think about the trinket that drops in shattered halls
Yup, and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30620

Wasn't enough.

Theory
01-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Yup, and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30620

Wasn't enough.

Garr has a lot of adds and if you use the trinket then (of shattered halls) then yes fullhealth again i'd take

Valoran
01-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Garr wouldn't be a problem. I wouldn't take any damage from him at all unless I mucked up positioning and let something get behind me (you can't block/dodge/parry from behind). Garr has no special attacks (special attacks cannot miss, so that leaves around 11%~ of the combat table where a special can hit you) - so every attack would be fully blocked or avoided - that's why it's possible to solo him and why the person in the video used atleast two invisibility potions to avoid some of the trash. Core Hounds, Fire Lords and Molten Giants are not soloable by a warrior using a total avoidance method.

As to the trinket, it doesn't really heal for that much at all. The Heroism darkmoon card and spyglass both heal for considerably more unless you have 10+ mobs hitting you. But in other situations, you just don't block enough of the attacks to guarantee being healed for the amount you need.

Chopper
01-01-2008, 05:45 PM
As to the trinket, it doesn't really heal for that much at all. The Heroism darkmoon card and spyglass both heal for considerably more unless you have 10+ mobs hitting you. But in other situations, you just don't block enough of the attacks to guarantee being healed for the amount you need.
That figures.

I remember seeing a video from earlyish TBC where a T4-geared prot warrior soloed the Panther boss in ZG using the Figurine trinket for healing. There is a crapload of mobs to block (and gain health from) in that fight and I think the warrior also zero-dura'd a shield or two in doing so.

Arthalet
01-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Garr wouldn't be a problem. I wouldn't take any damage from him at all unless I mucked up positioning and let something get behind me (you can't block/dodge/parry from behind). Garr has no special attacks (special attacks cannot miss, so that leaves around 11%~ of the combat table where a special can hit you) - so every attack would be fully blocked or avoided - that's why it's possible to solo him and why the person in the video used atleast two invisibility potions to avoid some of the trash. Core Hounds, Fire Lords and Molten Giants are not soloable by a warrior using a total avoidance method.

According to a thread regarding hit's on the official wow forums (http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=286849843&sid=1) does'nt direction removes dodge.
"Attacking a mob from behind can remove only parry and block from the table since direction doesn't affect dodge. Also note that there is a 0.5 yard penalty in which direction doesn't count. "
Is this right or wrong ?

Valoran
01-01-2008, 08:54 PM
That's correct. It is however only true for attacking mobs.

Players cannot dodge attacks originating from behind them, mobs can.

Fithvael
02-01-2008, 12:00 AM
Its probably easier to just go read the thread... you know. Its all explained here (http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t16876-ironmanning_undermanning_5-man_dungeons/p4/).

Exting
02-01-2008, 02:45 AM
that shark scares me.

Cheylon
02-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Anyone know what mod does the CD monitoring (NECB configured some way?) and makes his frames zoom in/out as he opens/closes them?

Oogie
02-01-2008, 10:09 AM
I haven't watched the movie, but for CD's, I use Cooldown Count.

Mischief
02-01-2008, 11:04 AM
On the subject of mods, anyone know what he's using for those mob health bars?

thurlog
02-01-2008, 02:58 PM
press 'V'?
:-)

Mischief
02-01-2008, 04:13 PM
But I don't want those health bars, I want those health bars :rolleyes:

Stim
09-01-2008, 08:19 AM
Since when players can't dodge attacks from behind? Last time I checked my Backstabs where dodged pretty fine.

Valoran
09-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Latency > you.

Stim
11-01-2008, 12:09 PM
Evasion=Latency? So a rog popped Evasion and I run behind him tapping Backstab and getting dodge dodge dodge... I can make a short clip of that I believe :P As soon as log in game.

Sloth
11-01-2008, 01:51 PM
rogues have 360 dodge , everyone knows that.

Valoran
11-01-2008, 03:51 PM
Since when players can't dodge attacks from behind? Last time I checked my Backstabs where dodged pretty fine.
Is that referenced to only against evasion?

Stim
11-01-2008, 06:22 PM
Well, guess I was on crack on something. Just tested again: back hitting evading rogues counts for clear hits! Turns out they all were strafing :<
edit: nerf raid mobs btw