View Full Version : No more leeching - YEAH! xD

Trillekoed
23-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Hey Guys and Gals ^^
Just found this mod on our BG forum :b

Just wanted to share, since... It's a great help :)

http://wowui.incgamers.com/?p=mod&m=5064

Enjoy :D

Turiel
24-12-2007, 04:10 AM
Looks interesting, i'll let someone else try it though!

Chopper
24-12-2007, 12:34 PM
- World of Warcraft Client Patch 2.2.0 (2007-09-25)

- A new feature for reporting players as being AFK in battlegrounds by
right clicking has been added. When enough reports are registered, a
60 second debuff will begin to count down. Once the timer is up a
new debuff will appear that will prevent the player from gaining any
honor while it is on. This debuff can be negated as soon as the
player engages in PvP combat.

The problem with the leech-report is that an Inactive debuff is removed the moment the AFKer enters combat, and I'm fairly certain from my own observations in battlegrounds that the AFKer can be completely passive in that combat and still lose the debuff.

There are various AFK bots doing the rounds at the moment, which move tthe AFKer somewhere where they'll encounter opposing players. The opposing players attack, placing the AFKer in combat and removing the Inactive debuff.

As well as AFK bots, there is also the traditionalist approach of watching a movie, surfing, managing your extensive investment portfolio or whatever on another screen/window and occasionally tabbing back to Warcraft to participate in the battleground in some perfunctory way.

The TuringTest addon is a nice idea, but unfortunately it's limited by it's reliance on Blizzard's flawed AFK-reporting mechanism.

Tsarina
24-12-2007, 02:46 PM
The problem with the leech-report is that an Inactive debuff is removed the moment the AFKer enters combat, and I'm fairly certain from my own observations in battlegrounds that the AFKer can be completely passive in that combat and still lose the debuff.
You need to be active, and it has to be PvP combat. Killing an NPC isn't enough. I met a clearly not AFK person with the leecher debuff when I played rogue and stunlocked him to death. He didn't lose the debuff.

I haven't tried the addon yet, but it looks like it can be a bit much for my already slow running PC.

Scouserlol
24-12-2007, 03:19 PM
I think what he meant is, you don't need to be active as in casting an offensive spell. An auto-attack from a lvl 65 Priest with a Mace will bring you into combat. Plus, it gives a count down... so it's a case of waiting for the Debuff to come on, running to the nearest zerg and dying, then ressing at a GY where you will be alot less noticable than being in the start cave.

The BG, while the most entertaining, is inherently flawed.

Edit: See post below, you have to attack another player, even with an auto attack to get in combat.

Tsarina
24-12-2007, 03:59 PM
I think what he meant was "completely passive" since that's what he wrote.

Scouserlol
24-12-2007, 04:33 PM
I think what he meant was "completely passive" since that's what he wrote.

Wow, you've really taken a disliking to me.

If you think he meant completely passive (read: doing nothing at all) then I don't agree. I think he understands the mechanics of the game and the debuff well enough to mean that you don't physically have to do anything other than ride to the nearest zerg. You don't have to cast anything or do anything, just ride up, get hit and lose your debuff.

Scouserlol
24-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Just tested it on my warrior and you're right. You have to do something, even if it is just auto attack, to get rid of the Debuff.

Edit: Someone told me that Bloodrage gets rid of it, also not true.

Chopper
24-12-2007, 05:24 PM
If that is the case, and I would say the stunlocking a passive/inactive enemy to death is conclusive proof, then I'm glad to be wrong.

I've just seen numerous Alliance assholes AFKing, reported them, then seen them botting their way to enemy contact and not receiving the Inactive debuff.

Although I suppose that if a bot program is capable of moving somewhere to find enemy contact, then making that same program auto-attack (or whatever) isn't going to be difficult. The reporting system is still fairly easy to defeat.

Scouserlol
14-01-2008, 12:19 PM
It seems if players have an offensive buff (does damage to the attacker) then it puts them in combat and removes the buff.