View Full Version : Resto spec

Artia
11-12-2007, 11:54 PM
Been fiddling around a bit for a decent Resto spec that still allows some moderate solo'ing speed, and came up with this: Talent Build (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=hE0zVcZZEfxzVcotcd).

Would this be a viable option for PvE gaming and leveling in outlands? And yes, I'm leveling as resto, because there's already too many enh shammies running around, and it's the only spec I haven't tried yet in there.

Thanks in advance.

Logar
12-12-2007, 01:56 PM
Well, since you're taking Elemental Focus, why skip Tidal Mastery? The points used for Totemic Focus can easily be moved there.

Might take a bit better look later, don't have time right now. But it looks passable.

Mischief
12-12-2007, 02:25 PM
It's certainly viable. You can not spend a single talent point and still level so there's nothing here that's will stop you from reaching 70. It's clearly not an efficient leveling build unless you're going to spend most of your time either a) grouped, or preferably b) in instances. If you're not going to be doing those things, I can't see you getting any real benefit from Totemic Mastery, Restorative Totems, Healing Way or Improved Chain Heal. And you can probably add Totemic Focus and Earth Shield to that list too.

As you've put the remaining points in the elemental tree, that's clearly how you plan to cause damage so I'd be inclined to move points from those more end-game oriented resto talents into elemental if only to improve efficiency. Of course if you do that, you'll probably end up with an elemental build which clearly isn't what you want.

Give it a go. Like I said before, it's an improvement on leveling with no talents at all and it's not as if resetting your talents is particularly costly these days.

Timothy
12-12-2007, 02:55 PM
I was unhappy with my solo abilities as a resto shaman too and took a similiar approach.
(After they gave 1/3rd of your +healing to +damage)

Tidal Mastery helps your lightning too, Natures Guidance helps your lightning hit more,
Healing Focus combined with earth shield making your heals 100% save from interruption by damage.

Pretty happy now with the speed I can do my daily quests with >this< (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Shadowsong&n=Timothy)

(Though I didn't level up with that build but rather went the "usual" enhancement path.)

Mischief
19-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Did you ever try this spec Artia?

I respecced from Enhancement to Elemental shortly after arriving in Outlands and I'm really struggling to enjoy myself. It's a real chore and I'm dying a lot.

Admittedly, my gear's still a mix of Enhancement and Elemental so I expect things to improve once I've replaced a few more pieces but I'm not sure Elemental is going to be the spec for me.

Where I have had success (despite my hybrid gear) is in instance healing. I'm now considering respeccing to put more points in Restoration. I'd appreciate hearing how your leveling is progressing.

Artia
19-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Yup, tried it, it's decent enough. DPS is good enough to solo/random in instances and healing is rather imba. I haven't been on lately though, due to The Witcher being an addictive whore, but once I'll play WoW again sometime next month or so, I'll definitely keep working on finding the perfect build for my needs and desires.