View Full Version : Post your thoughts for talent tree improvement here

Palados
09-12-2007, 12:15 PM
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=1905770710&postId=19052192465&sid=1#0

Would be really nice if all holy palas post about increasing a holy shock utility as a healing spell. So they will change it (like 40y range and talented smaller mana cost) and make a nice emergency healing spell.

Palados
09-12-2007, 12:22 PM
My post there:

47/14/0 - Holy - Focus PvE/Raiding

Areas in need of improvement:

a) Synergy and/or variety of the healing abilities that we have. To move away from Flash of Light spam with rare Holy Light (it's a waste to have so many talents centered around holy light and cast it so rarely after BoL nerf).

b) Purifying Power and Pure of Heart talents and for some extent Uniyelding Faith aren't very usefull at the moment. Giving extra utility to consecration (see change (2) under) or changing one of these talents for synergy talent would be really nice.

c) Effectiveness of judgement of light in 25mans is much less than judgement of wisdom.

Talents in need of change

1) Increasing the range of Holy Shock and talent its mana cost so it would have the cost around highest rank FoL cost +20%. This will add instant cast healing spell (now mostly used only on ourseles due to small range).

2) Change Pure of Heart talent (we can cleanse illnesses so it's not really usefull and I doubt more than 1% of holy palas have it). For example let it give consecration ability to heal friendly targets like holy shock (it is deep into holy tree so tankadins can't really use it). This will add a new situational healing spell. Mana ineffective, not very big healing, but nice when whole raid gets some damage.

3) Add HL/FoL synergy. For example replace Pure of Heart talent mentioned above by a talent, that gives probability to enter clearcasting state for FoL (instant cast but with GCD) after HL cast.

4) Another option - each HL crit increases FoL healing done by 1-2%, stacks to 5-10%, last 12sec. Renewed after HL crit. This will make HL/FoL much more balanced I think. Or each HL crit lower global cooldown for FoL by 5% for 10-15sec making haste usable for FoL too, but only if you cast HL quite a lot.

5) Increase effectieness of the Seal of Light. It can be done by making its judgement procing from ranged attacks too and/or talent so it gets some small % of +healing and/or int added to its healed value (like 5-10-15-20% of int or 2-4-6-8% of +healing).

thurlog
09-12-2007, 04:03 PM
dual wield!

infneon
12-12-2007, 04:53 PM
2 handed dual wield!

Flawless
12-12-2007, 06:07 PM
Cut the shit Infneon... fist weapons ffs

Stim
18-12-2007, 08:19 AM
No cd bubblez!!1

NOT.
Just give some freaking hot or something -.-

Palados
18-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Nah, we don't need something that copies other abilities. We need something making us unique. Holy shock being viable instant healing spell would be nice for example.

Muffy
18-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Well i thought it was a good idea when they were going to implement a small HOT when Holy light crits...

Would make the use of HL more frequent and also a nice little buff.

Someone showed me a talent tree where they were thinking of doing something like that..
just a thought ^_^

Senex
18-12-2007, 08:58 PM
We need something making us unique
1. Make Holy Shock, Holy Shield and Crusader Strike trainable.
2. Replace their talent slots with Mass Ressurection, Avatar Form and Summon Valkyrie.
3. Profit.

Bleetman
20-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Well i thought it was a good idea when they were going to implement a small HOT when Holy light crits...

Would make the use of HL more frequent and also a nice little buff.

Someone showed me a talent tree where they were thinking of doing something like that..
just a thought ^_^
Attatching a HoT effect to our longest, easiest to interrupt heal wouldn't give paladins any of the mobility or emergency healing they're asking for in arenas. Basically, that'd be pointless.

Up the heal/range of holy shock to be on par with, say, switfmend, which shares cooldown and talent location. Ta-dah, problem solved.

fizzan
24-12-2007, 12:12 PM
would make a new talent that makes the next spell instant cast.. cd around 10 min.. so u wont be able to land a big instant HL crit all the time...

Bleetman
26-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Yes, it's vital to copy and paste the exact same skill of a few other classes.

Palados
15-02-2008, 12:08 PM
they buffed holy shock, especially healing part (almost doubled):

Holy shock (Rank 1) now deals 277-299 damage to an enemy and heals an ally for 351-379 Health.
Holy shock (Rank 2) now deals 379-409 damage to an enemy and heals an ally for 480-518 Health.
Holy shock (Rank 3) now deals 496-536 damage to an enemy and heals an ally for 628-680 Health.
Holy shock (Rank 4) now deals 614-664 damage to an enemy and heals an ally for 777-841 Health.
Holy shock (Rank 5) now deals 721-779 damage to an enemy and heals an ally for 931-987 Health.

It should be more effective than FoL now (heal for about 1.8-2k non critted for me).

Duckman
15-02-2008, 04:05 PM
dual wield!

/agree

Borwin
17-02-2008, 03:07 PM
I.W.I.N button with 7 days cooldown, also works on bosses AND friendly players.

Scenario: Nihilum forms 25 man paladin only raid because of min-maxing. Paladins starts to argue about best spec and talents and roll priority and use IWIN on themselves. 1 person remains, kills the boss, loot is Class: Hunter.

Rykan
28-05-2008, 05:02 AM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a169/Glen124/PTT2.jpg

Just a few ideas. Some probably sound overpowered but oh well. We need some loving. What do you think? I also agree that holy shock's heal should be increased. Perhaps to the arena set bonus equivalent, think it's 30% more? Seems decent for me when i'm in arena. Make the aura's all have a 40 yard radius by default, and move the strength talent in replacement of some junk in retribution. I.e Imp Retribution Aura. Reduced the Pure of Heart talent to 2/2 aswell to make it add up nicely on that level of talents.

Ryś
28-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Rather turn back the Illumination nerf and put it back to 100% to make palas OP single target healers gain, cause right now priests > holy palas.

Only valid reason to take a pala is to have the blessings.

Rykan
28-05-2008, 02:38 PM
Mm almost that way, but I stilll think they're best MT healers.

Ryś
28-05-2008, 03:21 PM
The problem I see with the various paladin trees is n ot the lack of new, innovative talents but the fact that the trees are so cramped up thatthere is hardly any room to maneuver, though this doesn't go more for Protection and in a way Holy than Retribution.

We're a hybrid class, yet there is absolutely nothing hybrid about us. Fix the trees in a way that it's easier to fullfill more than one role without being severely gimped in the second one.
At the moment the only hybrid ingame is a feral druid.

Palados
28-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Priests are better than holy palas in single target healing only under special circumstances. At the moment holy paladins have the best HPS/effectiveness ratio. How long holy priest can cast greater heal rank 7 non stop even after spirit changes? Priests may be good in burst HPS and are really good all-arounders, nice aoe healers, etc. But as soon as you need high HPS for a long period of time Paladin is your choise. I agree that at the end T6 priests are gathering enough spi to compete with paladins (who go haste to buff HPS and compete with priests :P). But properly geared paladin should still beat priest in single target healing on M'uru where you should keep insanely high HPS for a long period of time (as soon as his HPS is enough! to keep his target alive).

Another thing that not many raid leaders realize : to use paladins to their full potential you would like to give them as much mana as possible - via SP, mana tides, drums. Each mana point has increased value due to illumination. Paladins in 'friendly' groups could have around 110k mana to use for 10 min fight and that is quite a bit more than other healing class would have in the same group.

Easiest way to see it - look at EJ healerdines forums at WWS linked there when discussing crit vs mp5. In some Brutalus fights paladins used around 85k mana, while other healers around 60k or so.