View Full Version : Multirole pala tank/heal UI?

Borwin
10-11-2007, 10:59 AM
Hello folks! I'm looking to change more of my mouseclicks to hotkeys, or something.. I dunno. But my question is.. how do you other prot pallies cope with the fact that you need quite many hotkeys to both tank and heal.

For me:
Move WASD

Heal: 1 Fol 2 HL 3 HL downrank 4 cleanse, (when holy spec i got the special holy spells on mouseclick instead)

Tank: 'E' holy shield 'R' taunt 'F' mark current tank target with skull (use in instances)

Any other buttons I add to the right or under WASD are a bit hard to reach and I misclick them more often than not.

So all my tank rotation etc I got on mouseclick and sometimes leads to wrong clicks etc. Got a new nice mouse (MS Sidewinder) but havnt started to bind stuff to it yet. Any recommendations? How hard is it to adjust to moving with arrow keys and using spells on numpad?

Thanks in advance to any answers or discussion about my confused post. :eek:

Muffy
10-11-2007, 11:19 AM
get healbot and take FOL and HL off your bar, :]

I have one of my mouse keys binded to 9 so 9 is blessing fo freedom ( mostly for pvp)
and shift 9 is Cleanse...
i use most of my keys about 1-9 then Shift-1-9 and even CTRL.

Just a thought.
________
spanish girl Webcams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/latin-girls/)

Borwin
11-11-2007, 08:12 AM
I'm using mouseover macros of course so no need for healbot (saves me some screen real estate).

Coldpwa
11-11-2007, 09:16 AM
Move with ESDF for some extra keybindings.

Borwin
11-11-2007, 11:12 AM
jsbr omboyrd dystyrf ury?

nope. i tried ESDF and failed badly. gonna try arrow keys, ins/del etc and numpad see if that works.

yes with my hand offset one key, everything i wrote in chat was also offset. i think my brain is special or soemthing =P

miganto
14-11-2007, 05:47 AM
Might seem strange and a lot of knockbacks from people, but all my chars use 1-5/6 mostly and i just use shift + middle mouse wheel to scroll between hotbars to choose what i want, whilst using wasd to move.

On the pally, i had my tanking stuff in the first 6, seals i dont need instantly (wisdom/light/justice etc) up on the bar above with DI and LoH, one 'scroll' down, i had my healing, FoL/cleanse/holy light rank 4/9 (i think) and bubbles/rez, and on the next scroll, i had all my greater/normal blessings. (This was when i was prot)

Does have its drawbacks, but it's what i've been used to for over 10 years and it does me well =)

(The word 'choose' looks wrong to me...but it looked worse every other way... choose is right, yeah? :P)

Azy
14-11-2007, 05:55 AM
You can use fx. 1-5, q, e, r, f, g, v, b, they are not hard to reach, and then use them again with shift, thats 24 bindings.