View Full Version : S3 Resto Gear

Myriima
08-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Anyone know if they will stick to the Spirit solution or are (hopefully) back to mp5 for mana regen?

Gnorth
08-11-2007, 05:39 PM
They have changed it back to mp5

mmo-champion.com Its there somewhere just cba looking it up :P

Kathra
08-11-2007, 06:44 PM
http://www.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2007/october/s3/druid-refuge.jpg

Druid
Changes on the [Vengeful Gladiator's Refuge] (Healing) set have been reverted, Spirit has been changed back to MP5.

Bullshit change. Either give us high spirit values or buff/change innervate for fucks sake.

Myriima
08-11-2007, 06:48 PM
mp5 > spirit

And thanks for the reply

Kathra
08-11-2007, 09:09 PM
mp5 > spirit

And thanks for the reply

Idd it does, but innervate is slowing becoming pointless ;/

Raels
08-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Depends on your casting apparentally, theroycrafting (for what it's worth at times) seemed to point out that as long as you spend 1 third of your innervate (and got off a full innervate) out of the 5 second rule then the spirit change was better, something which shouldn't be hard for most druids, espeically as you'll be in bear form for at least 5 seconds per game with a Feral Charge+Bash Combo I'd have thought.

Saha
09-11-2007, 01:32 AM
theroycrafting (for what it's worth at times) seemed to point out that as long as you spend 1 third of your innervate (and got off a full innervate) out of the 5 second rule then the spirit change was better

Ehh? Either you mix up something or you read some shit quality theorycrafting. Inervate is not and never was effected by 5 second rule.

Kathra
09-11-2007, 01:55 AM
Give druids what mages are getting and make it a % of your overall mana regenerated.

Then its fair.

Saha
09-11-2007, 02:11 AM
Give druids what mages are getting and make it a % of your overall mana regenerated.

Then its fair.

Already enough QQ about resto in arenas. Will be even more after 2.3 goes live due to /cancelform buff. Don't ask for resto buff since it would most likely lead to severe nerfs short after.

Though overall blizz messing around with mp5+inervate for ~2 years is a bit lol. Anyone remember godly t2 3 part bonus?=P

Myriima
09-11-2007, 02:40 AM
If I stay out of combat for longer then 5 seconds during a match, not having to CC or Heal, then the opposing team sucks anyway and we should win with or without innervate with spirit gear.

Saha
09-11-2007, 03:01 AM
Since my edit came somewhat late, I decided it was worth to be put in new post:

To extend a bit futher:
Changing inervate to % of total mana is not exactly a solution to a nonsence situation of spi/mp5 and druids. Lets analyze 3 cases:

Firstly, boomkins. I think one of better geared boomkin on our server is Gwynthan, armory link:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ong&n=Gwynthan
248 spi. Wooptie do. A buff of Intensity in 2.3 from 15% to 30% is surely to effect his mana regen a lot. I bet his regen goes wild with inervate as well. Ohh wait...

Secondly pvp restos... mp5 all over the place. They clearly benefit a lot from Intensity buff as well as boomkins. Not to forget they can pick up Living Spirit talent to extend their total spirit by 15% and hopefuly break the 200 spirit mark(with motw). But that's not all. They can as well enchance their healing a lot to all party members with their Tree form aura! With maxed Living spirit that should break over 50+healing... Roflcopter.

And finaly PVE restos... One of best geared resto on our server is Andromedia, armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...g&n=Andromedia
462 spirit(with 3/3 Living Spirit). 166 mp5 while casting, 97 of it from mp5. lol?

Overall it seems blizz can't make up their minds wtf to give druids, spirit or mp5. Talents strongly suggest spi is by far superior stat to restos and should be okish for boomkins after 2.3. However itemization as well as spells(hotboting) tell a totaly different story. Fuck the Inervate based on mana % like mages evo QQing. Gieb a fix to Resto tree talents or/and fix itemization.

Kathra
09-11-2007, 04:09 AM
Most of the druid Q_Q surrounds the lock/druid combo in 2on2, which will be less potent after 2.3, especially SLSL lock/druid teams.

Innervate DOES need a fix though. We are still pretty weak in 5on5 arena, and some extra mana to help us after the initial omgwtfburst period of a 5on5 game would be brilliant, as well as bringing a druid along for innervating a caster dps, because lets face it, who the fuck will you innervate now? The Mage? The Lock? All useless due to low spirit ;/

Regardless, it gets dispelled by Skillhound anyway, or a spamhappy shaman/priest. As if fixing it would do much anyway.

Kathra
09-11-2007, 04:11 AM
Also Saha, very well said about the functionality of spirit for PvE/PvP.

Perhaps if they altered it to allow for spirit+Mp5 stats, obviously lowered overall to bring it in line with its current usefulness, although improve it slightly.

At least this means that stacking ONE or BOTH stats will have a positive effect, and one isn't left out.

Saha
09-11-2007, 05:16 AM
Duno, I haven't played resto seriously for quite a while. Though with 2.3 coming I'd certainly would like to be a spi whore if playing resto. Take Andromedias gear level for example, convert mp5 to spi (1mp5=2.5 spi item points wise), add Divine Spirit buff, add BoK, add Living spirit and some spi enchants and you have a druid with 900-1k spi. Which would give ~650 mp5 while not casting and 250 mp5 while casting raid buffed. Tell me, how the fuck such person can ever run oom with inervate up his sleve? Inervate would again become "launch a rocked into ass" (Copyright 2006 Offa), while tree of lol aura would be a huge buff as well. Not to mention "gieb priest with imp DS in raid for another 100+healing ololol".

But hey, we have a "nice" mp5 slapped into our face all over the place with nabs runing around and yelling mp5>spi. L2p, spirit is by far best scaling resto druid stat. At least in pve.

Raels
09-11-2007, 02:40 PM
I could well be wrong (I play my druid for like 20 arena games a week, max) but I thought innervate worked on 2 levels, 100% regen while casting, 400% regen while not casting? If this is the case (not saying it is) wouldn't this mean it is kinda effected by the 5 second rule?

Valoran
09-11-2007, 02:49 PM
http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=29166

Tooltips are often ambiguous, but not in this case.

Ajial
09-11-2007, 02:52 PM
iirc it increases your spirit regen by 400% and allows 100% while casting, not looked though.

edit: dammit :(

Saha
09-11-2007, 03:17 PM
nvm me:(

thoren
14-11-2007, 11:03 AM
iirc it increases your spirit regen by 400% and allows 100% while casting, not looked though.

edit: dammit :(

"at least 1 character"