View Full Version : So, the Crysis demo is out

Biscitt
29-10-2007, 12:07 AM
For all you technuts and FPS freaks. And it sure is pweeeetty. Played it through a few times, I manage to run everything on high (demo doesnt seem to allow very high detail). Very good looking, not really anything to put on the graphics. Apart from the suit, it all feels like Far Cry 2.0 though. Sure, its cool to grab an enemy by the throat, use him as a human shield, and then toss him into a pole and watch the shed crash on him. Great physics.

Weapons really lack punch though. I hate that. Enemies take 5-6 shots to down, unless you hit them in the head.

Go try it, its worth the download. If you got a PC that can take it.

Exting
29-10-2007, 12:26 AM
yeh this game interests me quite abit..
been looking for a game to use my spare time on since i left WoW..
seen many videos of it and it seems to fit the bill
being dissapointed in the enivitable dying of MOH:AA :(

Flawless
29-10-2007, 12:36 AM
There seems to be issue's with the graphics. People reporting that running it with SLI'd 8800GTX's only runs smooth 4xAA and that running it in windowed gives it a considerable FPS boost. Also, the multicore support isn't all its cracked up to be.

Biscitt
29-10-2007, 12:40 AM
I think I was at a pretty steady 30 fps on a 8800GTS 320 mb, 2 gb ram and a 4200 X2. So nothing fancy. And I'm running win XP

Flawless
29-10-2007, 12:54 AM
Oh, another can't get it working in Vista64bit :P

Looks like it has a few problems, but overall the gameplay is solid and it'll be bought!

Exting
29-10-2007, 12:56 AM
would be perhaps useful to have a seperate thread soon, or indeed in this one to post names etc.. and have a possible, should i say.. mass brawl.

Flawless
29-10-2007, 01:00 AM
would be perhaps useful to have a seperate thread soon, or indeed in this one to post names etc.. and have a possible, should i say.. mass brawl.

I doubt the majority of people have a PC that can handle it ~.o

Exting
29-10-2007, 01:16 AM
yeh i suppose your right, i shall simply beat you 1 on 1 then :P

bandytas
29-10-2007, 08:45 AM
Played it through a couple of time, was expecting just a game with 'amagadz pwetty' graphics and shit-all story, but I was pleasently surprised. Waiting for the full game now :)

Running it on high as well, really nice looking tbh. Oh and the very high detail thingy works only on vista with dx 10 ;)

Biscitt
29-10-2007, 09:22 AM
Played it through a couple of time, was expecting just a game with 'amagadz pwetty' graphics and shit-all story, but I was pleasently surprised. Waiting for the full game now :)

Running it on high as well, really nice looking tbh. Oh and the very high detail thingy works only on vista with dx 10 ;)

Actually not, you can work around it and get Very High on XP. This is how:

http://www.crysis-online.com/forum/index.php?topic=11837.0

It works, I tried it. My framerate lowers significantly, but the game sure gets prettier.

bandytas
29-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Actually not, you can work around it and get Very High on XP. This is how:

http://www.crysis-online.com/forum/index.php?topic=11837.0

It works, I tried it. My framerate lowers significantly, but the game sure gets prettier.

Oh that's cool, though i doubt my system can handle it :(

EDIT: Well i tried it :P Getting around 10 fps, but damn it's pretty :p

http://www.ipix.lt/out.php/t275396_kake.jpg (http://www.ipix.lt/show.php/275396_kake.jpg)

TroldePus
29-10-2007, 05:55 PM
Wow 25 fps - 1600x1050 - Very High....

This _is_ amazing !!!

The end just left me speechless!

I want more - and I want it now!

Mistoria
29-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Fun demo but I failed at being incognito, mostly blasting around in the jeep or boat with machine gun blazing ^^

Flawless
30-10-2007, 02:35 AM
Btw, this doesn't support SLI yet.

Bad NVIDIA - SLI Doesn't Work in Crysis!
Crysis hasn't been out for more two days and a number of people have already found out that SLI technology doesn't yet work on the new DirectX10 game title. Granted, Crysis is only in beta, but it would still be nice to see SLI supported from the start. NVIDIA made a statement today that the final Crysis game will support SLI via a patch, so keep waiting! In other Crysis and NVIDIA news it seems that the Forceware 169.01 64-bit beta drivers aren't playing nice with the 64-bit version of the game. Looks like they have some more work do do with the 64-bit software.

"Although SLI is not supported in the demo, the final Crysis game with a patch will provide full SLI support." - NVIDIA

Đightrain
30-10-2007, 09:21 AM
Wasn't that great really. Been waiting for it for a while now and it's just your average fps with better graphics. Seems like they put all the time into making realistic graphics and didn't bother making a realistic game, 10 shots into someone's chest and them still standing until i got him in the head = fail.
Also graphics wise - farcry 2.0 over this ;P

Manidim
30-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Could anyone link a nice mirror? EA DL is slow like hell.

TroldePus
30-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Wasn't that great really. Been waiting for it for a while now and it's just your average fps with better graphics. Seems like they put all the time into making realistic graphics and didn't bother making a realistic game, 10 shots into someone's chest and them still standing until i got him in the head = fail.
Also graphics wise - farcry 2.0 over this ;P

Well I dont agree. For once you dont feel bound to doing it a certain way in a FPS. I decided to take a loooong swin, capture a boat, sail all the way around the island and come back.. Also try it on delta setting- the koreans are suddenly speaking korean and you got no cross-hair. That is flavor and you know it !
Then there are all the little things like houses actually falling apart, roofs going down after explosions - little birds fleeing from you in the jungle, jets flying circles in the air, trees falling over after a hectic firefight, the speciel skills (cloak, strenght, speed etc.).

But you probably just rushed through it ;)

Đightrain
30-10-2007, 03:36 PM
Well I dont agree. For once you dont feel bound to doing it a certain way in a FPS. I decided to take a loooong swin, capture a boat, sail all the way around the island and come back.. Also try it on delta setting- the koreans are suddenly speaking korean and you got no cross-hair. That is flavor and you know it !
Then there are all the little things like houses actually falling apart, roofs going down after explosions - little birds fleeing from you in the jungle, jets flying circles in the air, trees falling over after a hectic firefight, the speciel skills (cloak, strenght, speed etc.).

But you probably just rushed through it ;)

Actually I've been through it twice, also going cars and boats round the islands to look at everything, the wildlife etc... just like i did in Farcry (even does the same thing when you take a boat too far out to sea, cept no gunships chasing you, a battleship just fires a rocket at you =[) a couple of years ago and operation flashpoint years before that... which also had a difficulty setting where the crosshair was disabled, as did vietcong, cant even remember when that was out. All of those games being far more realistic when you shoot ppl, atleast the corpses got bullet holes and exit wounds in them in Farcry :P

Sure the buildings falling apart is a nice touch and so is the trees falling down... but that's hardly enough to make this feel any better than any other FPS. Maybe the full game will change my mind with the icy areas and the battle on the ship which all look pretty cool, and i'll get it just cause i thought farcry was ausum... but to me it doesn't feel much different to that at all.

▄ber
30-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Just wait until this one gets some nice multiplayer mods.

Gumdrops
30-10-2007, 04:42 PM
It's a bit shit.

Kabhanda
30-10-2007, 05:17 PM
It's a bit shit.

Your Mum.

Gumdrops
30-10-2007, 06:37 PM
I saw a reply by you and knew you'd have quoted me, but I thought you were gonna say just like me.

Let down tbh.

Raels
01-11-2007, 12:26 AM
Played it, really enjoyed it, looked shiney so yeah, haven't brought a new game in a couple of months, think this'll be the one I'll be getting soons, just want to know what happens next tbh.

Flawless
16-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Got it earlier... kicks ass, serious ass.

Đightrain
17-11-2007, 01:21 PM
Got it and assassin's creed on the 15th \o/ Crysis hasn't got hardly any play time, assassin's creed is far better :P

Flawless
17-11-2007, 11:08 PM
seriously, worst ending ever. Reminds me of Halo 2 ending the fuckers...