View Full Version : Deadzone finally gone?

Gnorth
15-10-2007, 06:47 PM
So, if this comes live, I might even kill frost mages.

Link
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=1153027945&sid=1

Waywatcher
16-10-2007, 01:40 AM
I doubt the deadzone will be totally gone. The point with it is to not be able to use bow/gun/xbow when mobs are close enough to melee you, and I doubt you will be able to do that even with this change.

I think that mobs will always be either in melee range or shooting range with the change, which is a great change to pvp anyway.

Azy
16-10-2007, 02:16 AM
Blows

Eisenheim
16-10-2007, 06:27 AM
If it goes live, the deadzone will be removed completely, so you can always do something, doesnt mean you can shoot stuff at point blank range, but at least you can melee stuff to death instead of just staring at them, awaiting their OVER 9000!!!!! crit..

For people who doesnt know 100% what the deadzone is, they use something like this on the official boards:

<--melee--><--deadzone--><----------------------------ranged----------------------------->

Where deadzone is a point where nothing can be done, too close to shoot stuff and too far away to melee stuff..

If this change go live its:

<--melee--><----------------------------------ranged----------------------------------------->

It wont fix hunters in the arena, but its a good start!

Benchi
16-10-2007, 07:03 AM
finnaly hope it will come true screw it we hunters got nerfed enough in the next couple of patches

Vegelus
16-10-2007, 07:16 AM
finnaly hope it will come true screw it we hunters got nerfed enough in the next couple of patches

May I ask where?
Our/Trolls racial would be one if it would affect whole class, not only us. And if You think about scorpid poison personally I don't see it as a nerf.

Sloth
16-10-2007, 10:56 AM
May I ask where?
Our/Trolls racial would be one if it would affect whole class, not only us. And if You think about scorpid poison personally I don't see it as a nerf.

well it all started at TBC and if you add it all up we're a bit nerfed compared to the old days, fd trap anyone? :p

- traps on a 30 second cd + crappy activation time
- lowering the damage on arcane and multi (ages ago but still :p)
- flare on 30 seconds instead of 15
- pvp trinket dispelling freezing trap
- nerfing entrapment a bit
- not scaling pet spelldmg
- viper sting taking priority over scorpid poison when dispelling (has anyone tested this yet? cause I still need to)

Combine that with designers that love to make objects where ppl can hide behind and you get the reason why almost no hunters make it in the top arena teams. Agreed there are some that do (mostly in 5v5 where hunters are still good) or 2v2 with hunter/resto druid or 3v3 with some particular combo's.
Having no deadzone won't make us own or make us climb the arena ladders, it won't get rid of ppl running behind pillars and healing back upto 100% before you can reach them but it will help.
I'm looking more forward to arcane shot dispelling buffs though :)

Kinshara
16-10-2007, 11:04 AM
I doubt the deadzone will be totally gone. The point with it is to not be able to use bow/gun/xbow when mobs are close enough to melee you, and I doubt you will be able to do that even with this change.

I think that mobs will always be either in melee range or shooting range with the change, which is a great change to pvp anyway.

The deadzone is the 3 yard gap between max melee range (5yards) and minimum ranged range(8 yards). So no, you won't be able to use a ranged weapon point blank, save for scatter and possibly disarming shot(assuming that goes in to 2.3 final).

Stim
16-10-2007, 11:38 AM
Why only hunters? Rogues want to use Deadly Throw at 6 yards too -.-

Taurusos
16-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Grooooobbz, u rerolled?

;)

thurlog
16-10-2007, 11:48 AM
does it effect NPC ranged too?

Vegelus
16-10-2007, 11:53 AM
well it all started at TBC and if you add it all up we're a bit nerfed compared to the old days, fd trap anyone? :p

- lowering the damage on arcane and multi (ages ago but still :p)
- viper sting taking priority over scorpid poison when dispelling (has anyone tested this yet? cause I still need to)

Combine that with designers that love to make objects where ppl can hide behind and you get the reason why almost no hunters make it in the top arena teams. Agreed there are some that do (mostly in 5v5 where hunters are still good) or 2v2 with hunter/resto druid or 3v3 with some particular combo's.
Having no deadzone won't make us own or make us climb the arena ladders, it won't get rid of ppl running behind pillars and healing back upto 100% before you can reach them but it will help.
I'm looking more forward to arcane shot dispelling buffs though :)
Mostly things that are important in pvp, so tbh no nerfs for me at all :P.
Yeah, that lowered dmg on arcane/multi hurted a bit, people were whining about it being OP mostly @lvl 60 afair, now it could get us easier on top dmg lists. And pet spelldmg not scaling or working with different coe/formula weren't also important for me as I never liked those kinds of pets. On the other hand I cry every day that wolfes don't have any focus dumping dps ability like claw or gore :(.
I don't take trap change as a nerf. Now at least it always works, before FD resist or everyone with macros/addons targeting You just after FD. And if You count FD cooldown and GCD it's the same cooldown now.
About flare - really don't know, all pvp I've done after tbc were few AVs so I could get my third ram at last. But yeah, I remember using it alot in bgs before.

does it effect NPC ranged too?

Netherwing Transporters don't have deadzone, they shoot from their crossbows in melee range too.

Stim
16-10-2007, 11:56 AM
I r in ur stealth pickin' ur pockittz! XD
Removing deadezone only for hunters is rather weird... Longer melee for warriors only, kek?

Kinshara
16-10-2007, 12:05 PM
I r in ur stealth pickin' ur pockittz! XD
Removing deadezone only for hunters is rather weird... Longer melee for warriors only, kek?

They haven't said it's hunters only yet. Heck, they haven't even announced the final form (reduced or eliminated). Be patient, grasshopper... :)

Benchi
18-10-2007, 12:22 AM
- lowering the damage on arcane and multi (ages ago but still )

enough info vegelus?

Vegelus
18-10-2007, 11:29 AM
Look on previous page and on this one (bit higher). And at least mark that You quoted Sloth's post.

Lionhunter
19-10-2007, 07:11 AM
On the other hand I cry every day that wolfes don't have any focus dumping dps ability like claw or gore :(.

Are you sure about this? I was certain it could learn claw.

Evilstein
19-10-2007, 07:21 AM
Only Bite, at least according to Petopia. Don't have one myself...

Vegelus
19-10-2007, 09:14 AM
Are you sure about this? I was certain it could learn claw.
Sadly nope. I'd never use a cat if wolfes could learn claw.

Only Bite, at least according to Petopia. Don't have one myself...
Same with TKASomething and Good Intentions Guild. And I've been using wolf since lvl 10, so I would know that :P.

Flawless
19-10-2007, 12:47 PM
pvp trinket dispelling freezing trap Has always worked, you just needed to pop the trinket less than a second before hitting the drop, and voila you where immune to it.

Corruption
22-10-2007, 06:38 PM
Theres a difference between dispelling something and being immune to it ya know!

Flawless
23-10-2007, 12:44 PM
true, but same effect/better ;p

Gruze
25-10-2007, 05:07 AM
Has always worked, you just needed to pop the trinket less than a second before hitting the drop, and voila you where immune to it.

There's a huge difference to that and how it is now, can't compare it really.

http://www.pvpscene.com/index.php?topic=740.0 btw if anyone missed it.

Eisenheim
25-10-2007, 07:01 AM
Oh dear lord, i just creamed in my pants!

http://elitistjerks.com/524636-post285.html

1 yard minimum range on the PTR atm!

this is SWEET if it goes live!

Gruze
25-10-2007, 09:00 AM
Oh dear lord, i just creamed in my pants!

http://elitistjerks.com/524636-post285.html

1 yard minimum range on the PTR atm!

this is SWEET if it goes live!

mmh, would be nice with 1 yard. Actually looking forward to 2.3

Kinshara
25-10-2007, 09:26 AM
According to testers on mmo-champion (and elsewhere), while the tooltip says 1 yard it doesn't quite work like that in practice -- still can't shoot when you are able to melee them. So there's still some tweaking going on.

Angellic
26-10-2007, 02:51 AM
Tooltip error, its 4-35 untalented :p

Gruze
26-10-2007, 12:24 PM
I heard 5-35 >_< ..

miganto
26-10-2007, 09:43 PM
I don't know the exact distance, but this was the closest i could get with the shot working, and it did actually hit the mob.

(P.S - I also have an 8.1 second cooldown on my Aimed shot according to the tooltip. I thought it was 6 seconds? Was this change mentioned?)
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/3645/wowscrnshot102607223954ei6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Kinshara
26-10-2007, 11:05 PM
http://blue.cardplace.com/newcache/forums.worldofwarcraft.com/2649575219.htm -- there we go. Confirmed tooltip error. It's supposed to be 5-X yards, as I expected.