View Full Version : Fear Ward for ALL Priests!

Minimac
27-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Linky (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=1778047484&pageNo=1&sid=1#1)

Fear Ward will be available to all priests at level 20, but there are some changes in addition. Current plans are to reduce duration to 3 minutes, and increase the cooldown to 3 minutes.

To give the dwarves and draenei something else to even it out, they'll see a new ability called Chastise (also given at level 20) which will cause holy damage and incapacitate the target for 2 seconds.

So I am not happy about this at all. As a PVE holy priest I think this is one of the most annoying things Blizz have ever done to the dwarf priest class!
:smt013
:smt021

Anyway thought I would see what you guys though

Zarcon
27-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Initially it was said to come in wotlk betveen 70-80 cap, seems they pushed this ahead.

captpicard
27-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Don't be silly, it's a good thing! :p

Most important change to fear ward is the duration/cooldown one, this means they still can't balance encounters around fear ward but also that there's no way for people to cheese things by using excessive numbers of fear warders.

:)

Slicer
27-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Stack shadowpriests you say?

Casters rejoice, mana batteries for everyone!

Kinshara
27-09-2007, 01:53 PM
'Cept mages are getting better regen, and shammies will be more efficient... not as much demand for shadow priests.

Remains to be seen how the pain suppression change affects stuff though :)

Shadewalk
27-09-2007, 02:01 PM
the main concern I have with this change is rather, with FW still being the first check on a fear.

as it is a FW is used reguardless of any other checks on fear, seemingly including inherant immunes from warriors stance dance. As this is it stops FW being the backup for a missed stance as it is consumed even if the warrior does catch the fears. The 3 minute CD really requires that it is the absolute last check made on fears so that it is a reliable backup for PvE. In PvP this will be a real pain against warlocks I think, but a 2 second repentance style stun will help in gerenal quite nicely.

Valoran
27-09-2007, 02:13 PM
the main concern I have with this change is rather, with FW still being the first check on a fear.

as it is a FW is used reguardless of any other checks on fear, seemingly including inherant immunes from warriors stance dance. As this is it stops FW being the backup for a missed stance as it is consumed even if the warrior does catch the fears. The 3 minute CD really requires that it is the absolute last check made on fears so that it is a reliable backup for PvE. In PvP this will be a real pain against warlocks I think, but a 2 second repentance style stun will help in gerenal quite nicely.
There's another way of looking at it.

First, that bosses will no longer fear on unpredictable timers and will always be stance dancable.
Second, fear ward can be used in those "oh shit, zerker on cooldown, not going to be able to dance this one" or "oh shit, fear inc and tank is really low on hp, best fear ward myself and heal them through it" situations. It's no longer required, just nice to have when you need to pull out all the stops.

And lastly, no more pvp QQs.

Kinshara
27-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Oh, the QQing about Chastise has already started.

Tsarina
27-09-2007, 05:05 PM
To give the dwarves and draenei something else to even it out, they'll see a new ability called Chastise (also given at level 20) which will cause holy damage and incapacitate the target for 2 seconds.

I bet rogues will love this. Dwarf priests just weren't annoying enough with stoneform and hideous faces.

Furion
27-09-2007, 09:53 PM
While blizzard is on this balancing rampage, why not jump a few step forward and give all racials to all classes/delete racials, as they clearly arent balanced. >_>

(Sorry, beeing a bit bitter)

Senex
27-09-2007, 09:56 PM
I'd rather have the Fear mechanic removed altogether.

Kathra
27-09-2007, 10:46 PM
I'd rather have the Fear mechanic removed altogether.

Seconded

Slacker
28-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Tbh it was pretty much fine as it was, they should have just gave it to horde. With the changes made they may as well scrap it altogether.

shamazar
14-01-2008, 05:25 PM
well fear ward has come usefull for healin in the BGs for me