View Full Version : Illhoof

Warnam
26-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Hey guys i'm lost on Illhoof

i have around 12k health, 8k mana and 232 FR with pala in the group yet i'm still having problems with imps overcrowding any suggestions? (0/21/40 specced)

Thorbadin
26-09-2007, 04:24 PM
Spam soc faster ;p

Arthran
26-09-2007, 04:51 PM
essentially, do nothing but tab, cast SoC, tab, cast SoC, etc

tbh it also depends on how good the tank(s) are, if your tank(s) can Aoe taunt etc they take damage off you and you can SoC moar :P

Corruption
26-09-2007, 05:17 PM
If you have Pyroclasm (AKA 13% chance per point (max 26%) to stun the target on ticks of rain of fire / hellfire and soulfire) Hellfiring the imps is always an option. You say youre 0/21/40, do you have Nether Protection? What pet do you sacrifice? The ideal pet to sacrifice for AoEing duty on Illhoof would be the felhunter sac, not succubus. You go OOM very fast when spamming SoC and the mana regen will outperform the +15% shadow damage.

A handy thing to know about SoC is that if players are hitting the mob with SoC then its going to go off almost instantly. In other words, spam SoC on Illhoof if the imps are near him then you get instant explosions.

Corruption
26-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Oh yeah, I wouldn't suggest using the Hellfire tactic if youre still learning Karazhan, unless your healers are godlike.

Logar
27-09-2007, 12:00 AM
The way the original post is made makes me think that the pala has FR aura on... Now I don't know how others do it but our palas have Concentration aura on, for the aforementioned "moar soc spam". Extra FR helps from buffs help I guess but dead imps > imp damage resisted I'd imagine.

Psonica
27-09-2007, 07:06 AM
In other words, spam SoC on Illhoof if the imps are near him then you get instant explosions.
This is very true.

Also when overcrowding gets bad have a mage for a AE or two to catch up.

...or bring 2 warlocks and have Illhoof seem easier than the trash :D

Timothy
27-09-2007, 08:34 AM
There always seem to be some that run away from the SoC area and pester the warlock.
Have a hunter finish of the strays. Usually multi-shot does the job if he positions himself well.

Muffy
27-09-2007, 08:43 AM
Meh, we always Hellfired... :o

But yes, My healing was godlike
________
New jersey medical marijuana dispensary (http://newjersey.dispensaries.org/)

vattghern
27-09-2007, 09:14 AM
I have seen many people mentioning Hellfire. If your healers can keep you and if you have Concentration Aura on it's good way to go. Back in the day we used SoC spam and Concentration Aura is clear winner there again.

If you want to trivialize Illhoof totally just spec Nether Protection.

edit: You can avoid Imps running rampage by better positioning.

Grienspan
27-09-2007, 12:20 PM
have your raid grouphug somewhat so thereŽll be no strays, especially those healers that like to hang back (except for the hunter obviously). only spam on Illhoof, make sure to slap CoS on. and yes, your paladin should have ConcA going, not FR. sac your doggy for the mana regen. make sure you have a dedicated healer, and the offtank picks up the repopping big imp pronto. should you still get swamped at times (quite likely should you get demon chained), yell for the mages to pop some AoE to clear it. kill it.

Dreadling
30-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Yeah i did it with hellfire back when we were doing kara, seemed to work well, even though i never had pyroclasm, dno if that means our healers are "godlike" or im just luckey.

Or if you do kara with 2 locks (did this back when aran was still nasty) 1 hellfire the other SoC when needed works a treat.

Just my 2 cents

Dreadling

Corruption
30-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Ive never owned the talent Pyroclasm, my point was that it will make it a lot easier if you're deciding to do the Hellfire tactic whilst still learning the encounter, as obviously your healers gear wont be too tasty.

miganto
30-09-2007, 11:39 PM
The warlock should stand a little away from the tank and most others should bunch nearish, so that any 'strays' will actually be near illhoof anyway, so you can keep spamming ;D

Grbznskwz
01-10-2007, 09:29 AM
Seems most of the info is already here. We do it with SoC spam but the assigned lock has the Infernoweave set as well which helps out a lot. You may not want to put the effort into getting all those badges though?