View Full Version : Mage looking for 5v5 team

Qry
24-09-2007, 07:46 PM
As per title.

Mage arc/fire spec which seems to suit me best. Been in teams with ratings around 1570 - 1670 mostly. Those teams ususally didnt want to play more then 10/week and therefore not progressing. With a more motivated team im sure I can do better. Anyway, you can see my gear in the Armory and if you want contact me in game, feel free.

Qry

Malison
25-09-2007, 02:38 AM
So you build your entire character around critting(with resilience being the new decisive stat in pvp) and then go ahead and take 1/5 Ignite.

usipien
25-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Give us the armory!
Sorry my lazyness, but I'm to lazy to have a look myself :(

Qry
25-09-2007, 02:52 PM
Alright then, link:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowsong&n=Qry

Some stats with own buff AI & Molten Armor:
Health 8763 with poulterizer trinket
Mana 9761
Dmg fire/arc 905
Crit 37.35 on scorth & fireblast which i use most
Resil 209

And yes I like a crit build and yes ignite doesnt work too well (it's broken imo) if you crit a lot which I do even in arena's. I prefer the shorter CD on fireblast. The 1 ignite was more to keep rogues from stealthing but may need to redistribute that one.

Not very interested debating builds with people i'm never gonna play with btw so don't waste your time on that for my benefit. This build works for me atm. I would ofc consider redoing talents if that helps the new team.

Flawless
25-09-2007, 05:31 PM
I'd listen to mailson and ask him what he would go, considering his pvp ability.

Warlee
25-09-2007, 06:16 PM
At first I am not saying how bad u are or stuff like this but giving tips. critic issue lac mentioned bla bla.

5v5 requies from mage Iceblock. Any other mage, especially with so low amount of health/resilence will die insanely fast.
Now build. Even though it's called DPS build ( for 5v5 it's like 80% control&cs 20% dps in any build) it's DPS is weak due to resilence and high amount of hp.

if you crit a lot which I do even in arena's.

Arena itself doesn't have any debuff for critic :P it's people loaded with resilence who are making it sometimes close to impossible ( weee warlocks with 500 resilence). You critic still much as on your level of rating people are not geared well for pvp, means that have top 150-200 resilence but very often not more than 100. I guess you want progress in arenas and considering climbing up your critic will be lower and lower (speaking now of mainly 2v2/3v3 when you will dps much more than in 5v5)

The 1 ignite was more to keep rogues from stealthing but may need to redistribute that one.

I'd say it's a waste of geting 1 ignite there. Myself I do HATE ignite when being some kind of fire. Do you use Molten Armor or 'snow' one? Molten armor is in many situations suicidal with ignite. Especially in 5v5 I guess when sheep is a must.

Tbh I'd try other build that contains Iceblock. I guess best way is to find out yourself a build or just check done already and see which u like most. In 5v5 I like myself 17/0/44 and 0/5/56 (0/6/55, 0/7/54 <many mages use different options>) But there is also 40/0/21 and some elementalist builds.

Shush maybe helped a bit.

Ah and
Not very interested debating builds with people i'm never gonna play with btw so don't waste your time on that for my benefit. This build works for me atm. I would ofc consider redoing talents if that helps the new team.

Yes, it will help your team but mostly it will help you...

Qry
26-09-2007, 04:21 PM
I understand you know what you talk about and I've heard before ofc that frost is the build for arena 5v5. This makes me 'sad' since I really like my build so I might opt to just stay in the lower regions. On the other hand I might try to get used to a new build which will take a week or 2 most likely. Been frost before back in the BWL days which I did like at the time. As long as I get no offers and my current team wont grow into 1700 I have time to mull it over.

I often play with a mate of mine, Vhairi, who is frost specced. So I do see differences and I capitalize on the perks my spec has. Anyway, we will see.