View Full Version : Draenei racial

Enthia
20-09-2007, 01:51 PM
Made a post on the blizzard suggestion forums about Draenei racial's and how its 1% to spell while melee shamans are useless with it, Bit more in depth on link :)

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=941584388&postId=9410897505&sid=1#0

Wanted to know what others thought of the idea ^^, Gief feedback!

Ajial
20-09-2007, 02:12 PM
well, most melee are capped on their own so overall id say its better to leave it as spell since then you'll hit with earthshock more.. Melee should have the amount of hit they need on their own so it probably wouldnt make a difference one way or another but you hitting with shocks it will help because i think there is few if indeed any melee dps gear has spell hit on.

Elexin
20-09-2007, 02:35 PM
Draenei enhance shamans still use spells, therefore their 1% spell hit racial is still useful to them. Even if not in the way they hope.

I find it hard to be sympathetic - I'm sure you understand that as a troll shaman I make great use of my thrown weapon and bow weapon skill increases :P

Ajial
20-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Draenei enhance shamans still use spells, therefore their 1% spell hit racial is still useful to them. Even if not in the way they hope.

I find it hard to be sympathetic - I'm sure you understand that as a troll shaman I make great use of my thrown weapon and bow weapon skill increases :P

You like to play twing twang?

Enthia
20-09-2007, 10:31 PM

I find it hard to be sympathetic - I'm sure you understand that as a troll shaman I make great use of my thrown weapon and bow weapon skill increases

Quoted wrong person :P

Aye i understand (have a troll shaman my self :P) Still i dont use earthshock much in raids because of elemental shamans benefiting more from stormstrike than myself plus agro managment, so its just an idea ^^

Thrane
21-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Aye i understand (have a troll shaman my self :P) Still i dont use earthshock much in raids because of elemental shamans benefiting more from stormstrike than myself plus agro managment, so its just an idea ^^

My Stormstrike is gone before my gcd is up to even try using an ES. And shocks won't up your threat that much. Also, you should be using FS as well as it is.

Also, I like having a bit of extra spell hit. We can't wear gear to up our spell hit (well, not without gimping the rest) We can for melee hit.

Anyway, the choice for spell hit is quite normal. Two of our trees are spell based, one is melee. Simple huh?

Flawless
21-09-2007, 06:35 PM
I like the point, why do rogues and warriors need it, unless you dump enhancement in spell casting groups.

Enthia
21-09-2007, 08:45 PM
My Stormstrike is gone before my gcd is up to even try using an ES. And shocks won't up your threat that much. Also, you should be using FS as well as it is.

Also, I like having a bit of extra spell hit. We can't wear gear to up our spell hit (well, not without gimping the rest) We can for melee hit.

Anyway, the choice for spell hit is quite normal. Two of our trees are spell based, one is melee. Simple huh?

By fs im hoping you mean Flame shock :P, But i dont use shocks for mana issues when needing to heal etc, But i see your point on the spell hit it is true spell hit is annoying when using shocks, Ah well i wonder if they will implement both to each draenei race like asked for in the link :P

Proterra
22-09-2007, 01:38 PM
let's not forget our shadow res which comes in handy all the time!

and yeah, we still use spells so. yeah. your spell stats are gimped if you are enhance anyway so a little extra hit on earthshocks etc are always good, it annoys me when enhance shammies claim to barely use earthshock or mana pots when you could easily spam them like hell-or at least a flame shock if you are an agro whore- and guzzle mana pots, it's not the most amazing dps in the world but think of all those 1% wipes I bet you've all had =P every racial has some sort of gimped thing that isn't so useful in actual raiding etc. for example I love the 10% rep gain on Bolero, it helps a lot, but when it comes to raiding/instances after you've repped up enough it's useless

Thrane
23-09-2007, 04:49 AM
Mana pots... whaaaa? Whazat? :P I keep a shock rota going fine and I don't need mana pots :P Also, yea, I obviously meant Flame Shock and not Frost :P

And tbh, I've seen plenty of resists thanks to the shadow res :P

Proterra
23-09-2007, 06:16 PM
there's no need for the trupispeak young man!

Elexin
24-09-2007, 12:58 AM
let's not forget our shadow res which comes in handy all the time!

Shadow resistance is a handy resistance really.
Random silencing mobs, random other mobs, Warlocks, shadowpriests, horrid multi armed raid bosses...

Trust me, shadow res has its place. It might be a small amount on its own, but I'm sure it does you some good somewhere along the line :P

Tsarina
24-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Mana pots... whaaaa? Whazat? :P I keep a shock rota going fine and I don't need mana pots :P

Mana pots are for the totem toggling.

Raels
25-09-2007, 03:10 PM
The whole WF/GoA Totem Cycling really really hurts the mana pool though, even though it is fun seeing people hit silly dps levels as you feed them the good stuff.

Tsarina
25-09-2007, 04:52 PM
That's what you're there for, right? Buffing a melee group. So you can choose to buff them as good as you can or less good.
And it's not for GoA. I need tranquility :p

Raels
28-09-2007, 03:09 PM
Got to just be the groups I've been with, but with BoS I'm easilly the closest to pulling teh old agro on many an occasion. However I might have to try the Tranq Air Cycle and see how it goes as after my first raid with a MT1 Pally the other night mana really wasn't an issue for the first time in ages as JoW seemed to be up almost all the time no matter what I was attacking so yeah ... do to list time.

Valoran
28-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Got to just be the groups I've been with, but with BoS I'm easilly the closest to pulling teh old agro on many an occasion. However I might have to try the Tranq Air Cycle and see how it goes as after my first raid with a MT1 Pally the other night mana really wasn't an issue for the first time in ages as JoW seemed to be up almost all the time no matter what I was attacking so yeah ... do to list time.
Warriors pull quite insane amounts of threat at later levels of gear, I think this is what tsarina was referring to.

Also, as your AP increases, you'll find you have fewer problems with mana, as shamanistic rage will regen your entire mana bar.

If you weren't already, try equipping the heroic badgers trinket and using that with sham rage (cooldowns match up perfectly), should notice a huge improvement on mana returns.

Also, tranq/air? If your party has a warrior in it, windfury will almost always be the best totem to put down. Any party made up of mostly rogues/warriors would favor WF, while a hunter/feral group would favor GoA.

Raels
28-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I know this, general rule (from what I've read) is unless your grouped with at least 3 FeralDruids/Hunter Combinations then WF is always the winner. I guess that just comes down from only really just starting on The Eye and SSC over being in BT and the gear levels you pair are on.
Yeah the Trinket+Rage thing is fairly basic stuff (either that or I'm just fantastic at this game _). It's just even with getting back about 4.5k mana per Rage CD, as well as mana pot chugging (can't afford the large ones so "free" PvP ones) along with Totem and Shock Cycling I will usually not be able to keep myself going past about a 8minute fight, alot longer if I don't shock cycle and just use Flame Shock once the dots faded, but still, slight mana issues there. But yeah, I do tend to focus more on the whole personal dps side of things over the more totem cycling, just because (maybe though gear level), it's not really needed atm, however I guess it's one of those things I'll have to get used to within the next 4-5 bosses we down as gear improves.