View Full Version : New Shammie, need advice

Eidriaen
03-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Well Im trying to lvl a shammie as fast as I can, at lvl 41 almost 42 atm, and I were thinking of build at lvl 70 already...

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/talents/shaman/talents.html?5003214002300000000050050021550013303 115100000000000000000000

Thing is, I dont know if Eye of the Storm talent is a pure PvP talent or does it proc in PvE too? Heard somewhere that npcs dont crit? :P

Like the mixture of the build, so I can basically roll for anything :P

Name is Tentacle, if u wanna armory search me :)

Ajial
03-09-2007, 07:04 PM
Go enhancement/resto =)

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/talents/shaman/talents.html?0000000000000000000050050021550013353 115155200300000000000000

Something like that

Muh
03-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Not taking weapon mastery really would be a waste

If you're aiming for pve, enha/resto like Ajial said really is a better choice, because you can get extra hitchange and more range on totems which is more beneficial than that little more damage elemental would give you.

Kabhanda
03-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Kill yourself, you clearly suck.

Bunneh
04-09-2007, 10:58 AM
On my lil Shaman (stuck at 46 due to attention issues) I went duel wield. While sometimes you can actually kill a mob your own level in a couple of seconds, other times you're stood there swinging wildly, taking an age to knock something down. Guessing once you get a decent hit rating from Outland gear you can expect to be more successful in rapid mob battering.

Armoury link to my talent build
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Shadowsong&n=Thwap

Eidriaen
05-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Kill yourself, you clearly suck.

Stop trying to boost you threadcount by meaningless replies! Shoo!

Anyways, gonna try out my build at least when I hit 70, and see how it goes ;) Would love an excuse to get some +spell gear aswell, high frostshock/chain lightning crits :P along with insane melee dps

Went to uldaman yesterday as tank, and even with my 1h + shield I managed to outdps the grp, could be just randomly tho :P

Kabhanda
05-09-2007, 10:34 AM
The reply wasn't meaningless, the build you posted is fucking awful.

There are many places you could look at to see how enhancement or elemental damage work, your attempt to mix the two will simply produce something far worse than either would be individually.

Since it is fairly clear you have no will to actually listen to sensible advice I think it would help the world as a whole if you died. So kill yourself.

Exting
05-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Since it is fairly clear you have no will to actually listen to sensible advice I think it would help the world as a whole if you died. So kill yourself.

You're abit of a cock really arent you.

Arthran
05-09-2007, 10:44 AM
ofc he is, thats his main selling point

Ogrosh
05-09-2007, 10:49 AM
You're abit of a cock really arent you.

Although the way he is saying it is a tad harsh, he is right, the spec is awful, trying to mix ele and enhance just won't work.

Pick one and stick to it.

Ajial
05-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Well the problem is that nothing you picked from elemental actually benefits you at all, cept maybe EoTS but even then is it really worth 20 points in elem? I say no. What does resto give you? Well firstly and most obviously is 3% chance to hit, thats reason enough. On top of that Totemic Focus and Imp. Reincarn are both useful things to have for any shaman spec.

The elemental stuff is useless (well the warding is nice but still not worth it) I mean you said that you will do "Would love an excuse to get some +spell gear aswell, high frostshock/chain lightning crits along with insane melee dps" which is simply stupid. Not only would you be nerfing your melee dps by getting spell damage/taking the time to cast but on top of that you're losing 10% weapon damage and 3% hit... And tbh like i said the stuff you picked wouldnt actually increase your elemental dmg at all, simply nerf your melee dps... Hell the only talent which would have increased your actual elemental dps you skipped!

Like Ogrosh said, pick one and stick to it and grab resto as a support to either and while Kabhanda was harsh we was right, the spec is ridculous for the reasons listed above...

Why come to forums asking for advice if you arn't going to follow it..

Eidriaen
05-09-2007, 11:45 AM
The reply wasn't meaningless, the build you posted is fucking awful.

There are many places you could look at to see how enhancement or elemental damage work, your attempt to mix the two will simply produce something far worse than either would be individually.

You know, if you had just said that to begin with, you wouldnt have come out as a prick, but you chose that path.... so guess you are one

How in the hell are you to say that someone is sensible when you tell ppl to go kill them selves for asking a question? "need advice" was actually the thread title, meaning I needed advice about the build, wasnt a perfect build, and not sure how it would work out, so I asked in the forum...

Now I know, thx for the replies the rest of you

Eidriaen
05-09-2007, 11:51 AM
Well the problem is that nothing you picked from elemental actually benefits you at all, cept maybe EoTS but even then is it really worth 20 points in elem? I say no. What does resto give you? Well firstly and most obviously is 3% chance to hit, thats reason enough. On top of that Totemic Focus and Imp. Reincarn are both useful things to have for any shaman spec.

The elemental stuff is useless (well the warding is nice but still not worth it) I mean you said that you will do "Would love an excuse to get some +spell gear aswell, high frostshock/chain lightning crits along with insane melee dps" which is simply stupid. Not only would you be nerfing your melee dps by getting spell damage/taking the time to cast but on top of that you're losing 10% weapon damage and 3% hit... And tbh like i said the stuff you picked wouldnt actually increase your elemental dmg at all, simply nerf your melee dps... Hell the only talent which would have increased your actual elemental dps you skipped!

Like Ogrosh said, pick one and stick to it and grab resto as a support to either and while Kabhanda was harsh we was right, the spec is ridculous for the reasons listed above...

Why come to forums asking for advice if you arn't going to follow it..

Thx will do! Also I said "will try out my build at least" meaning just to test it out, will probably end up heavy enhance, with mix of resto like you guys said. Made the mistake of thinking I could gear up similar to paladins with a bit of mix of spell dmg, only guessing tho - only hybrid class I played, apart from druid which really isnt a hybrid class by same standards

Kinshara
05-09-2007, 12:10 PM
Paladins don't work all that well with a mix either, they just don't have much of a choice at present. So... Blizzard is apparently revamping the retribution tree to focus on a smaller number of needed stats.

They're also supposed to be revamping enhancement, and adding a new talent that gives a portion of your attack power as spell damage/healing. I doubt it will make old-style suicide builds viable, but it will give you more offensive power.

No idea when they're releasing the changes though... 2.3 maybe.

Enthia
05-09-2007, 12:34 PM
A few guides ive been reading and learning from, Been taking some of this advice and mixing some of it up making some wierd combos and some nice ones, But here goes

This one is builds people came up with , some are nice, Some are there to be messed with to your liking

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=264016466&sid=1

This one explains gear that would be nice for enhance, Have not found one that explains elemental / resto but thats pretty stright forward stuff

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=288949602&sid=1

mainly focus's on maxing Enhance dps role in raids :) Hope this helps a bit

Eidriaen
05-09-2007, 03:14 PM
A few guides ive been reading and learning from, Been taking some of this advice and mixing some of it up making some wierd combos and some nice ones, But here goes

This one is builds people came up with , some are nice, Some are there to be messed with to your liking

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=264016466&sid=1

This one explains gear that would be nice for enhance, Have not found one that explains elemental / resto but thats pretty stright forward stuff

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=288949602&sid=1

mainly focus's on maxing Enhance dps role in raids :) Hope this helps a bit

Wow! thx! really helpful, no wai your from Shadowsong :P

Xplicit
06-09-2007, 07:26 AM
Hey Kabhanda, your Newsagent called, said you forgot to pick up this weeks copy of:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h228/andymac252/MagElitist.jpg

Kabhanda
06-09-2007, 09:39 AM
Oh thanks, didn't realise it was out already.

Xplicit
06-09-2007, 10:04 AM
:D

Flawless
06-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Totally Saved, but also mocking Khylsti for being elitist isn't worth it.