View Full Version : Druid shapeshifting macro's (spam friendly)

tin
01-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Hey all...

Ever since the WoW 2.0 UI changes, I've been missing a mod that makes my shapeshift buttons "spam friendly"... Thing is, when I'm getting jumped in caster form by... say... a rogue and I find myself stunned and desperately wanting to shift to bear form, sometimes I tend to hit the hotkey twice, and thus end up in caster form just in time for that Execute / Eviscerate / whatever...

Now, I've been annoyed by this for a while... but now, I've come up with a solution!

First off.... I havent found a way to actually replace the buttons on the normal shapeshifting (stance) bar with my macro's so I had to create a new bar and remap the hotkeys I usually use for shapeshifting to this new bar.... but it works, and I'm a happy kitty...

anyway... I promised some macros:

Bear Form:

#showtooltip Dire Bear Form
/cancelaura Aquatic Form
/cancelaura Cat Form
/cancelaura Travel Form
/cast [stance:0] Dire Bear Form

Aquatic Form:

#showtooltip Aquatic Form
/cancelaura Dire Bear Form
/cancelaura Cat Form
/cancelaura Travel Form
/cast [stance:0] Aquatic Form

Cat Form:

#showtooltip Cat Form
/cancelaura Aquatic Form
/cancelaura Travel Form
/cast [stance:0] Cat Form

Travel Form:

#showtooltip Travel Form
/cancelaura Aquatic Form
/cancelaura Cat Form
/cast [stance:0] Travel Form

Use 'em if you like 'em...

Now, I know some clever person is going to ask why there's no macro for flight form... The answer to that is simple: I prefer having only one keybinding for "falling from a very high place to end up killing myself". And I even prefer having that same button bound to "saving my ass from the above mentioned killing of self".

-Tin

Talsin
01-09-2007, 03:04 PM
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/2150/ try this, works ok is bindable on keys and is spam friendly

tin
01-09-2007, 04:11 PM
I've used this mod in the past (before the 2.0 UI changes) and after that I didnt really like the way it worked. It may have changed since I tried it, but as far as I can see you still have to hit two hotkeys to get from cat form -> caster form -> bear form, and with my macro's I can just spam Bear form untill I'm there (and it wont un-form me if I hit it one time too many)

Thanks for the input anyway.

-Tin

Talsin
01-09-2007, 04:41 PM
they fixed it, for me (with double bind shift keys to the same as set in the mod) going from a shape to another is to hit the one i want to shift to 2 times

Ycon
01-09-2007, 10:10 PM
I use similar macros as you Tin. I have used them since it was possible to do those macros, good to be free from addons for these tasks imo.

I have a few differences thou, for example my bear macro looks like:

/cancelaura [stance:2] Aquatic Form; [stance:3] Cat Form; [stance:4] Travel Form; [stance:5] Swift Flight Form;
/cast [nostance] Dire Bear Form; [stance:1] Feral Charge

Which implies that it will go to bear from Flight Form also, and if you continue to spam it you will do a Feral Charge (assuming feral druid here). Perfect for rawrbombs. Similar one with cat and Prowl.

Another difference is that I have one single macro for Travelform and Aquatic Form:

/cancelaura [stance:1] Dire Bear Form; [stance:3] Cat Form; [stance:5] Swift Flight Form;
/cast [nostance, swimming] Aquatic Form; [nostance, outdoors] Travel Form

Alverion
02-09-2007, 06:20 AM
Pretty much the same macros as Ycon. Except I don't use a macro for Cat Form for powershifting purposes.

Bunneh
02-09-2007, 10:59 AM
A guild mate told me of a Druid macro that lets you spam hammer a key to change from bear to humanoid, take a potion, then back to bear.

#show Lesser Healing Potion
/castSequence [stance:1] reset=3 Dire Bear Form, Lifebloom
/stopcasting
/use Lesser Healing Potion
/stopcasting
/use Master Healthstone
/stopcasting
/cast [nostance] Dire Bear Form

Link to the thread posted on WorldofWar

http://wow.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396687

I haven't got around to testing it yet, but read the thread above and see what you think. If it's a 'bug' then it will prolly get removed next patch.

Alverion
02-09-2007, 11:06 AM
It works quite well, however don't try it on dual wielding bosses or any boss with a 1.5s swing timer or less cause you are likely to get gibbed : b

It's decent for use with a shifting macro for kitty with haste pots or heroic pots.

Eidriaen
17-09-2007, 06:33 PM
Thing is, when I'm getting jumped in caster form by... say... a rogue and I find myself stunned and desperately wanting to shift to bear form, sometimes I tend to hit the hotkey twice, and thus end up in caster form just in time for that Execute / Eviscerate / whatever...
-Tin

Or..... you could just click the "sensible clicking" botton in the interface menu, preventing you to click the same botton twice ;)

Besides, why get macros for everything?

Alverion
18-09-2007, 08:05 PM
Sensible Clicking and Powershifting don't work too well.

Fast shifting out of snares is essential for pvp too

Bunneh
02-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Rather than make a new thread; is it possible to make a macro that when I target a player in my group, and then click said macro, it Feral Charges the mob attacking them without actually targetting that mob initially?

I've seen 'player=target' type of macros, but can't for the life of me remember where, plus not sure if that'd be the correct one anyway.

Timothy
02-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Don't have a druid myself but try something along the line of:
/cast [harm, stance:1] [target=targettarget, harm, stance:1] Feral Charge

I "think" stance 1 was bear form.
Feral charge target if it's unfriendly or feral charge targets target if target is friendly but targets target is unfriendly.

Only works if the targeted player has the unfriendly target targeted himself though, not for a "random not target mob attacking him".

Bunneh
03-10-2007, 09:23 AM
Thanks, I'll have a fiddle with that :)

Sorry for lateness in reply, was giving time for more replies :)