View Full Version : Gear question

tedde
20-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Hi, I'm lvling a lock atm and I was wondering a bit about some gear.

I plan to do a lot of pvp and will probably mostly gear up through there and I intend to get tailoring as well so I can get some slots covered that way before arena gear starts comming in.

To the point. Blue gear that i can use before Shadowweave set and Battlecast? I will need all my honor and tokens for epic pvp gear so i wont be getting the blue set from there. I remember a chest dropping in mechanaar from that thing below the elevator but cant recall name or if its good for locks.
Whats the name of that blue "lock" set from 5mans and is that a good / easy to get option?

EDIT: Affliction specc and want gear for pvp mainly (arena eventually)

Corruption
20-08-2007, 11:22 PM
Chest: The robe from Mechanar chest like you said or Oblivion
Bracers: Grab the marshals bracers for like 12k, I still use those.
Belt: Sash of Serpentra from Steamvaults
Helmet: Steamvaults quest
Gloves: Oblivion
Pants: Erm...
Feet: Shattrath Jumpers
Rings: Epic ring from Spirit shards from auch instances
CE rep ring or kara rep ring or The Black Pearl or something
Trinkets: Sha'tar Rep trink / Scryer rep trink / Quagmirrans eye / Icon of the Silver Crescent
Necklace: Warp Engineers Chain from...mechanar?

Thottbot can get you better information than my currently tired and ever forgetful brain ever could.

List from the top of my head.

tedde
21-08-2007, 12:00 AM
Thats more or less stuff I've had on Tedde but forgot the name of =) Thanks i remember most of those items to be fairly easy to get.

Psonica
21-08-2007, 04:49 AM
A warlock.... but, but ... Tedde!

Pants: Devil-Stitched Leggings from Botanica or Oblivion are good choices or just get this:

90x Netherweave Cloth
10x Arcane Dust
2x Netherweb Spider Silk
1x Rune Thread

and check some tailor for Imbued Netherweave Pants at level 67 or so.

Theleb
21-08-2007, 09:20 AM
I found an article about pre-raiding Affliction lock gear - incoming blatant cut/paste:

Main Gear Set
Head: Battlecast Hood, 43 spell dmg, 43 stam, 27 int, 2 sockets
-You will need a 375 tailor to make this hood. It is BoE.
*Neck: Rittsyn's Lost Pendant, 47 shadow dmg, 18 stam
-This is the one item that drops in Karazhan. It is a 3% drop off a common and early trash mob, so chances are you'll see it in one or two runs.
Shoulder: Frozen Shadoweave Shoulders, 50 shadow dmg, 21 stam, 15 int, 2 sockets
-You must be a 355 Shadoweave tailor to make this. BoP
Back: Torn-Heart Cloak, 27 spell dmg, 13 stam, 12 int
-This is a reward from a soloable quest chain in Shadowmoon Valley. A very nice green.
Chest: Frozen Shadoweave Vest, 72 shadow dmg, 30 stam, 20 int, 2 sockets
-You must be a 375 Shadoweave tailor to make this. BoP
Wrist: Bracers of Havok, 30 spell dmg, 12 int, 1 socket
-A 350 tailor can make these BoE bracers.
Hands: Jadenfire Gloves of Annihilation, 39 shadow dmg, 25 stam, 25 int
-Drops off Ambassador Hellmaw in Shadow Labyrinth.
*Waist: Girdle of Ruination, 39 spell dmg, 20 crit, 18 stam, 13 int, 2 sockets
-A 365 tailor can make this BoE belt.
Legs: Battlecast Pants, 46 spell dmg, 42 stam, 27 int, 2 sockets
-You will need a 375 tailor to make these pants.
Feet: Frozen Shadoweave Boots, 57 Shadow dmg, 15 stam, 9 int
-You must be a 365 Shadoweave tailor to make this. BoP
Ring: Seer's Signet, 33 spell dmg, 11 crit, 22 stam
-Requires Exalted reputation with Scryer
*Ring: Khorium Band of Shadows, 27 Shadow dmg, 27 stam, 7 mp5
-This is an awesome BoE ring that you can get from a 350 jewelcrafter with the design. The mats aren't too bad as you should be able to get the ring for under 100g.
*Trinket: Quagmirran's Eye, 37 spell dmg, chance of 320 spell haste for 6 seconds
-Heroic Slave Pens boss drop off Quagmirran.
Trinket: Glowing Crystal Insignia, 26 spell dmg, 104 spell dmg for 20 sec. on use
-Alliance Zangarmarsh quest reward. The Horde equivalent is Ancient Crystal Talisman
Weapon: Blade of Wizardry, 150 spell dmg, chance of 280 spell haste for 6 seconds
-Of all the items, this is the hardest to get by far, as it is a rare epic BoE world drop. You can try to farm it and get lucky, or you can buy it for over 2K gold in the AH. Expensive, but worth it. The proc rate combined with Quagmirran's Eye is amazing for PvE. Since it's understandable if you can't get this item, check the alternate section for other options.
*Off-hand: Orb of the Soul Eater, 49 Shadow dmg, 15 stam
-To get this you will need to turn in 25 Heroic badges. This is one of the cheapest rewards actually. You can farm for this and Quagmirran's Eye simultaneously.
Wand: , Wand of the Netherwing, 16 spell dmg, 19 stam
-Drops off Blackheart the Inciter in Shadow Labyrinth.

Alternate gear
Now I realize that some people may not want to follow the exact layout I had in the above section. So I am providing alternate choices that are still good (some are even better) and still fairly easy to obtain. Not a tailor? Fine, I listed alternate gear for those that can't or don't want crafted items. Not able to do a Heroic to farm badges? Easy, I have compiled a list of some serious sidegrades. One last thing to remember is that pieces of Dungeon Set 3 are also fine alternatives to any of the gear in the main or alternate sections. That is, of course, the Oblivion Raiment and the Mana-Etched Regalia sets.
Head alt: Spellstrike Hood, 375 BoE tailoring item
Head alt: Evoker's Helm of Second Sight, Shadowmoon Valley quest reward
Neck alt: Natasha's Arcane Filament, Blade Edge's Mountain quest reward
Shoulder alt: Spaulders of the Torn-Heart, Shadowmoon Valley quest reward
Shoulder alt: Mana-sphere Shoulderguards, Arcatraz boss drop
Back alt: Cloak of the Black Void, 350 tailor. BoE
Chest alt: Spellfire Vest, 375 spellfire tailor. BoP
Chest alt: Bloodfyre Robe of Annihilation, boss drop in Mechanar
Wrist alt: Shattrath Wraps, Shadow Labyrinth quest reward
Hands alt: Spellfire Gloves, 365 spellfire tailor. BoP
Hands alt: Tempest's Touch, Caverns of Time quest reward
Waist alt: Spellfire Belt, 355 spellfire tailor. BoP
Waist alt: Sash of Serpentra, boss drop in Steamvaults
Waist alt: Akama's Sash, Shadowmoon Valley quest reward
Legs alt: Spellstrike Pants, 375 BoE tailoring item
Legs alt: Khadgar's Kilt of Abjuration, boss drop in the Black Morass
Feet alt: Shattrath Jumpers, Shadow Labyrinth quest reward
Ring alt: Violet Signet, requires Friendly rep with the Violet Eye (doesn't take long)
Ring alt: Burning Blade Cutlist Band, Nagrand quest reward
Trinket alt: Mark of Defiance, turn in 30 marks of Honor Hold/Thrallmar
Trinket alt: Xi'ri's Gift, must be Revered with the Sha'tar to purchase from vendor
Weapon alt: Blade of the Archmage, must be Exalted with Honor Hold/Thrallmar (called Stormcaller for Horde)
Weapon alt: Greatsword of Horrid Dreams, boss drop in Shadow Labyrinth
Weapon alt: Continuum Blade, must be Revered with Keepers of Time
Off-hand alt: Flametongue Seal, 25 Heroic Badges of Justice
Off-hand alt: Star-Heart Lamp, boss drop in Black Morass
Wand alt: Nesingway's Safari Stick, Nagrand quest reward

tedde
21-08-2007, 09:36 AM
Nice list!

Psonica: Yes a lock :P And not even alliance ... Well if I ever get my new creditcard so i can login and transfer the fucker :P
Oh also , what guide did you use for tailoring? I have one but its not very clear.

Corruption
21-08-2007, 11:50 AM
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html;jsessionid=D9DF5A2E408EF33298AF03E4CDE BDC40.app09_04?topicId=13121383&sid=1&pageNo=1 has all profession guides

vattghern
22-08-2007, 09:49 AM
Actually Oblivion hood is quite nice as well if you can get group for Arcatraz. You can also consider Robe of the Crimson Order (even if it's pve oriented) which is very cheap on the AH.

Psonica
22-08-2007, 10:07 AM
Pft, Oblivion Hood has a non-existant droprate until you get something better then it drops 100% :(

Faylin
22-08-2007, 11:38 AM
Pft, Oblivion Hood has a non-existant droprate until you get something better then it drops 100% :(

/mock

(to add something constructive, there's a somewhat decent hat avilable from the quest in Steamvaults)

Psonica
22-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Facts:

19 runs before I got my T4 hat gave 0 Hood of Oblivions.
5 runs after I got my T4 hat has given 5 Hood of Oblivions.

...huh? HUH?

Theleb
22-08-2007, 06:48 PM
They're mocking you =/

I've only ever seen the Robe drop twice, gloves once, shoulders once. Despite having 2 level 70's with all the Heroic Keys I would say that the Dungeon 3 set is ridiculously rare.....or perhaps they're mocking me too ;p

Vegelus
23-08-2007, 08:14 AM
Facts:

19 runs before I got my T4 hat gave 0 Hood of Oblivions.
5 runs after I got my T4 hat has given 5 Hood of Oblivions.

...huh? HUH?

I know the pain... with Sonic Spear from Murmur (stopped counting how many times I've pugged SL, still no sight of it) and Beast Lords from SV.

Valoran
23-08-2007, 08:14 AM
Shh, you don't know pain unless it's BWL trinket farming.

Vegelus
23-08-2007, 08:46 AM
Shh, you don't know pain unless it's BWL trinket farming.

Yea, also I remember Your T2 farming (mages in MCO). Forgot if that was about crown or robe but meh, it was bit long time afair.

Valoran
24-08-2007, 12:04 PM
MCO had pretty poor netherwind robe drops, aye, but still more robes than tears.

Gyundor
24-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Neltharion just didnt cry that much...

Ajial
24-08-2007, 07:43 PM
MCO had pretty poor netherwind robe drops, aye, but still more robes than tears.

Helmet? =P