View Full Version : New addon: Lightheaded

Tyrannis
16-07-2007, 08:33 AM
No more alt+tabbing to wowhead for quest information.

Thanks to this lovely addon

http://www.wowinsider.com/2007/07/15/addon-spotlight-lightheaded-and-doublewide/

Aggromedon
16-07-2007, 10:13 AM
Using it for an hour now and I love it, thanks. :D

Praios
16-07-2007, 11:26 AM
Idd a great tool, thanks for the link Tyrannis

Ashym
16-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Had it for quite some time now, it's nice for alts.

For those using Extended Quest Log 3:

I found out how you can use EQL3 with this mod. This is only a temporary solution, but it does work.

Go into your directory: 'LightHeaded', from your Addon-folder in your World of Warcraft-folder.

Next step; Find the file: 'LightHeaded.lua'. Now you should copy this file and name it to whatever you want, like: 'Lightheaded.lua.original or something like that. So now you should have two of those. For the next step, we are going to modify this file, and eventually you want to change this back for later, so better just delete this file, and rename the original file, and use it again.

Next step; Open the file with your favourite text-editor.

Now you use the search-string and find every word with 'QuestLogFrame', and then you replace those words with: 'EQL3_QuestLogFrame', in this file.

This will tell LightHeaded to use and attach the EQL3 -frame, instead of the default frame.

WARNING: The addon will only look for the specific EQL3 -frame now, and will probably not work with any other Quest-related addon, since it's not looking for the default QuestLogFrame anymore.

Now the LightHeaded frame is IN the EQL3 -frame, unfortunately. But it's easy changed;

You type following in your chatline: /Lightheaded detach

This will detach the Lightheaded frame, and you can move it to wherever you like to.

I hope this will help people that is using the EQL3 just like myself, I love that addon, and won't stop using it, if I still can manage to modify addons to work with it, like this one.

This little temporary solution WILL work, but may cause troubles with other Quest-related addons, but that's YOUR headache. :-P

Adranus
16-07-2007, 07:23 PM
awesome, its a good mod nice find there :)

NeoSmoke
02-09-2007, 12:51 AM
thx for the great addon!!!

Antonio
03-09-2007, 01:20 PM
It's great but it's not "new" :P
________
Vapir one (http://www.vaporshop.com/one-vaporizer.html)

Theleb
03-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Wish I had seen this while I was still playing - awesome sauce.

Taurusos
13-09-2007, 10:17 AM
The fucker just stopped working...

And I hate levling and this made life so much easier...

I have it on in addons etc, like any other addon and /lh doesnt really give me any choices to turn it on or off.

Pushing "L" for quests, you get the normal, blizzard questlog. :(

HELP PLS!

got a priest to level!

/Tau

Muffy
13-09-2007, 10:33 AM
May sound obvous but click the little tab on the right of yoru quest log. like down the right hand edge?

that makes the mob open / close...

just an idea.
________
The extreme q vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net)

Tyrannis
13-09-2007, 10:34 AM
what version you running?

r152 seems to be the latest, but how could it just stop working.

/baffled

Tyrannis
13-09-2007, 10:35 AM
still the /lh would bring up options tho Ry

Taurusos
13-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Emm actually what muf said I might have missed bah...also, read on some random site that there is a small button on your combatlog to show/hide/use this addon?

bah was doing me lots of good few days ago this addon in STV.

Tnx for replies Muffy and Tyrannis.

Gonna try stuff.

/Tau

Bunneh
13-09-2007, 04:41 PM
Well I like it. Being a paranoid twat most of the time I did feel a little uneasy using it, but I gave it a try and I aint going back. It's one amazing mod! Thanks for sharing.

Flawless
15-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Careful bunny it automatically sends feedback to the maker on what quests and items you are using.

Bunneh
16-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Does it send my all the fish I catch too? I need them to level cooking.

*quivers in a corner*