By the one and only, DD! enjoy ;)

http://files.filefront.com/drakedog7+tbcwmv/;7917847;;/fileinfo.html

Gwynin
01-07-2007, 01:33 AM
Or from WM

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=42581

sageclaire
01-07-2007, 01:48 AM
its sooooo refreshing to see a lock who can actually "dance" with opponents, not just skillcoiling + DoTS X1million + drainlife or felguard go go go !

Corruption
01-07-2007, 02:11 AM
Stopped watching it once he enterred the Arenas. I wouldn't say that he completly owned any of the people in the video at all. I've heard a lot of things about Drakedog, saying how 'amazingly good' he is, this video does nothing to proove it. Either people exaggerate his work or this video was just shite compared to his others.

He's definately not crap no, certainly has good reactions (talking CC wise here, quick Seduces etc.), but to me it seems like all the fights were too hand picked for my liking.

Other than that, the actual video (editing) was alright even though he seemed to outgear all of his opponents.

Kenny
01-07-2007, 02:34 AM
Well, the reason he's said to be so amazing, is because he was there when the warlocks were shit.
And. He. Owned.
He was one of the few people that actually destroyed people with like a conflagrate with a freaking cast time on it, etc, and his movies have always been there motivating warlocks to keep playing!

sageclaire
01-07-2007, 08:13 AM
+ where can u find a warlock, pwning with a FULL destro spec. Only selected fews can do that, he is on of the special ones.

Ajial
01-07-2007, 09:03 AM
Loved the editing, was nice but not too over the top :)

Praios
01-07-2007, 10:27 AM
And he was one of the first to define efficient engineering-gadget use in pvp. Like Kennay said: many locks would have quit if Drakedog hadnt published his clips to give them a "heads up".

Theleb
01-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Drakedog was perhaps the orginal Destruction spec Warlock who, along with his heavy use of engineering items, truly defined how to play that particular spec well - as pointed out this was back in the days when Warlocks were considered shit and although he had a hiatus from the game this certainly proves he's better than 95% of the locks out there.

Theleb
01-07-2007, 11:40 AM
its sooooo refreshing to see a lock who can actually "dance" with opponents, not just skillcoiling + DoTS X1million + drainlife or felguard go go go !

Nothing wrong with the Felguard as long as you don't hide behind the pet.

Its there as 1 extra talent point in a tree to try and get some surviveability for a class that really does need it (especially when focussed in Arena)....and of course he plays all his records backwards :)

Just found this movie by another "rated" Destrolock - should be an interesting comparison.

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=37345

Valoran
01-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Generally DD has always had a very good selection of nukes for different situations, most of which are quite "out of the box" with respect to normal, accepted warlock thinking. This may be him just trying to be different, but he does seem to get some good results.

urdai
01-07-2007, 04:39 PM
WoW isnt about skill, its about gear and exploits.

Back in the days Drakedog were good because of his superior gear, so were Otherguy and all the other WoW 1.0 heroes.

Imo wow "Fragmovies" are pointless if you want to prove your skills, however some of them introduces new playing styles to the general audience of WoW.

Morilith
01-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Ashen > Drakedog

Obviously.

Theleb
01-07-2007, 05:52 PM
Drakedog still kicked arse when he, and everyone else, was mainly dressed in blues - but a common critiscism is that as your gear develops your skill decreases......this Drakedog isn't really a patch on the first couple of movies he produced but I'd still say he was the progenitor
of that particular "style" of play.

Who came first, the Ashen or the Drakedog? ;p

Slashy
02-07-2007, 08:04 AM
nothing wrong with felguard? ;o no.. not if yr shit at pvping and have no choice but to go "omfgezmodespec"

Theleb
02-07-2007, 11:04 AM
nothing wrong with felguard? ;o no.. not if yr shit at pvping and have no choice but to go "omfgezmodespec"

Yep, I'm sure that all the 2200+ rated Warlocks who spec Felguard are shit at pvping, obviously....or maybe they simply like the durability?

Or maybe you get owned by them too often and have developed some fairly major insecurities?

Either way, that really doesn't have any bearing on this thread so perhaps you could start a Felguard Whine Thread for me to ignore......

Corruption
02-07-2007, 11:15 AM
Yes, Felguard spec is one of if not the best spec for pvping, that doesnt make it.... "omfgezmodespec" as you so accurately put it.

Say if you're in an arena team, and the only thing letting that team down was the fact that you, the warlock, died within seconds of the battle start (warlocks are one of the main targets in arenas). Would you spec Felguard which is obviously the better choice seeing as it has the most survivability, or be an arrogant stubborn git and stay your current squishy spec? You're calling people with heavy Demonology talents 'shit at pvping' without any sort of proof, do you even have a warlock?

Valoran
02-07-2007, 11:18 AM
I think you're taking someone who obviously made a throw away comment they know nothing about far too seriously.

Corruption
02-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Ill do what i like!!!!!!

Theleb
02-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Ill do what i like!!!!!!

He will, its true.

Val - I happen to be Felguard specced for exactly the reason Tsar mentioned but I wouldn't exactly say that I'm shit at pvp, and I see far too many throw away comments by the great unwashed to remain entirely unmoved by them ^^

Doken
02-07-2007, 04:33 PM
Not bad movie..

I founded his profile

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.co.kr/character-sheet.xml?r=%EC%95%84%EC%A6%88%EC%83%A4%EB%9D%BC&n=Drakedog

Not bad raitings.. but expected something like 100 win 0 lose... he should do 2v2 alone imho ;---p

Rey
02-07-2007, 06:22 PM
Someone make an affliction lock movie!!
dotdotdrainlifedrainlifedrainlifedrainlifedrainlif e

Morilith
02-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Not bad raitings.. but expected something like 100 win 0 lose... he should do 2v2 alone imho ;---p

To get eaten alive by every single half decent rogue. Yes.

spikeyy
02-07-2007, 08:37 PM
To get eaten alive by every single half decent rogue. Yes.

So not you then?

Morilith
02-07-2007, 09:43 PM
So not you then?

I'm a rouge, so it doesn't apply.

Muh
03-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Mori comes and smothers one to death with a hug

Slashy
01-08-2007, 01:33 PM
I think you're taking someone who obviously made a throw away comment they know nothing about far too seriously.

actually pre tbc my warlock was gm of the best alli pvp guild (if not best pvp group on server) on sylvanas.. and was voted in the "best of the best pvp thread" on the official forums as one of hte best there

no i didnt get owned by demo locks.. infact as destro i just lolled at them while they died

id never give any demo lock any credit.. since it was widely regarded as the ezmode spec i called it before..

"i think youre someone who obviously made a throw away comment about someone that know nothing about"

i fixed it for you.. cunt

edit: yes its good for arena spec.. but its not exactly skilled to play is it? no its ezmode.. which is why its good as an arena spec

Flawless
01-08-2007, 05:23 PM
This thread has potential.

Slashy
01-08-2007, 06:22 PM
just need beatus now !

Malakali
01-08-2007, 06:35 PM
everyone loves drakedog..epicced yes but skillful

Mojo
01-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Not that skilled no

Gwynin
01-08-2007, 08:35 PM
drakedog cost me 600 swedish wood money, hate that fucker

Coldpwa
02-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Generally DD has always had a very good selection of nukes for different situations, most of which are quite "out of the box" with respect to normal, accepted warlock thinking. This may be him just trying to be different, but he does seem to get some good results.

The only thing he's doing which in your words is "out of the box" is spamming Soul Fire. Basically, he doesn't care about wasting shards and that's a good thing.

Valoran
02-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Slashy, downgrading something because it's "ezmode" or "doesn't take skill" is just retarded. Results are what matters if you have half a brain. Obviously you like taking the moral high ground and using a spec that'll make you lose more while still being "better". If you still think that, then I stand by you not having a clue. (also: gm lol)

Coldpwa, your statement contradicts itself. Most warlocks don't use shards for casual pvp, he uses pretty much every ability with shards you could think of. Spellstones and the like aren't very commonly used, while they seem to be for him. Limiting it to "just" soulfire is daft. When drakedog released his first few videos, he was certainly unique and very differed from the status quo. He might not be so special now, but he was one of the forerunners for that kind of thinking, and should be given some credit for it.

Maybe he should try pvping with his imp out.

Coldpwa
02-08-2007, 03:26 PM
No, my statement doesn't contradict itself, the fact that he's not worried about shards doesn't mean he's doing anything out of the box. I don't know about other locks but I use Spellstone all the time in PvP, as well as Healthstones.

Let's see what abilities there are that require Soul Shards and might be related to PvP combat:

Summon pets
Healthstone
Soulstone
Spellstone
(Firestone)
Soul Fire
Shadowburn
Enslave Demon

So, uh, that's really not a lot of them.

Sure, he's very good, but saying he's doing things "out of the box," I don't really think so.

Valoran
02-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Sure, he's very good, but saying he's doing things "out of the box," I don't really think so.
You may emulate his style of play now, but I can assure you that very few people would at the time. He was often flamed for being excessive.

His basic logic in (most) fights can be summed up as damage, cc, nuke - where he tacks on a fair bit of damage before the seducenuke combo. The majority of warlocks going for seducenuking at all aim for the seduce as soon as possible, in this manner he is (or certainly was) "out of the box". As I say, he invented that style of play by being the first to majorly publicise it, to have invented it at all he would've had to have done things slightly different from the norm.

Slashy
02-08-2007, 03:59 PM
unfortunately im about to agree with valoran ;[

he does use excessive shards

ashen is better than drakedog ever was.. but drakedog showed that warlocks werent shite when everyone thought they were.

now to disagree with failoran.. i wasnt putting the spec down.. i said the spec gets results.. i said i wouldnt give anyone credit for using it.. coz it is... ezmode.. i only played pre tbc.. put too much time pvping in wow.. infact the whole 2+++++ years.. since before bg was around.. till the time i quit i was a pvper.. infact ive still never seen ragnaros or completed the ony key quest with any char

what i said was demo locks get no credit coz its ezmode.. which they dont..

Valoran
02-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Getting results should warrant credit. By saying it's ezmode you are putting the spec down. I'd repeat what I said in my last post, but you'll obviously ignore it and continue to believe that using the best spec for a situation to be the "easy" way out.

Chopper
02-08-2007, 04:11 PM
Mortal Strike is ezmode PvP.

MAKE WAY FOR THE 3/3 IMPROVED REND WARRIOR!

Coldpwa
02-08-2007, 04:16 PM
You may emulate his style of play now, but I can assure you that very few people would at the time. He was often flamed for being excessive.

Well, we're talking about his new movie here, right? ;) What he might have done a couple of years ago might have been fancy and all, now it's hardly "out of the box".

Slashy
02-08-2007, 04:17 PM
well if pretty much every warlock can get results using the spec.. its pretty obvious its ezmode? thats why it gets the results it does..

Valoran
02-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Coldpwa; Read the post you quoted again. Notice the past tense.

Slashy; You've totally missed the point. And I've seen some pretty shitty demo locks, so your point is moot anyway. :P

Slashy
02-08-2007, 04:22 PM
well i havent seen any good demo locks either >.> just shite or mediocre ones.. feel free to link me some nice demo lock videos

Coldpwa
02-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Coldpwa; Read the post you quoted again. Notice the past tense.

That's why I said what I said... this thread is about Drakedog's new movie.

Valoran
02-08-2007, 04:26 PM
It was made in response to a comment about drakedog himself. Notice the "I've heard alot of good things about him.. blahblah.. he's shit" type stuff above.

Slashy
02-08-2007, 04:26 PM
no its not ;o its been hijacked since then.. its about how ezmode demo locks are.. keep with the times!

Coldpwa
02-08-2007, 04:35 PM
My original post was in reply to your,

...not the case now :)

Flawless
02-08-2007, 04:39 PM
True, most warlocks just try to copy him and fail.

Coldpwa
02-08-2007, 05:04 PM
True, most warlocks just try to copy him and fail.

I haven't seen a lock with a succy out in, like, ages?

Valoran
02-08-2007, 05:10 PM
My original post was in reply to your,

...not the case now :)
"had"

Semantics are retarded. Stop dicking about and changing the subject.

Coldpwa
02-08-2007, 05:12 PM
"had"

idiot.

Oh no, he called me an idiot!

"most of which *are* quite "out of the box" with respect to normal, accepted warlock thinking"

Now who's the idiot? :rolleyes:

Coldpwa
02-08-2007, 05:14 PM
"had"

Semantics are retarded. Stop dicking about and changing the subject.

I didn't change the subject at all, but you seem to have edited your post. I wonder why.

Flawless
02-08-2007, 05:20 PM
I haven't seen a lock with a succy out in, like, ages?

Imp?

Coldpwa
02-08-2007, 05:22 PM
Imp?

I think you've just shut me up, I'd better be going!

Valoran
02-08-2007, 05:23 PM
So you're out of the box because you pvp with an imp out? :P

And you did change the subject, rather than talking about drakedog, you made comment about the way I said something, despite my intent being made clear.

I edited the post to actually point out why you're an idiot. If you had any debating skills at all you wouldn't construct such false arguments.

But sure, if you want to keep following this line of conversation.

Flawless
02-08-2007, 05:25 PM
I think you've just shut me up, I'd better be going!

Ah come on, you're never going to live it down, the fact you argued in favour made that happen! :P

Coldpwa
02-08-2007, 05:27 PM
My post was in reply to yours so what you initially said, I think would matter in my reply. What I said about Drakedog was directly related to your post. Clearly that seems to be too complicated an idea for you to grasp.

A pity you have to take on insulting people when you're proven wrong, Valoran. ;)

Coldpwa
02-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Ah come on, you're never going to live it down, the fact you argued in favour made that happen! :P

I still stand by what I said at the time. The imp was viable at level 60 with the right talents. ;)

Flawless
02-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Not really, it was only extra Hp the Succy offered extra CC, seeing fear could easily be broken by talents among other things.

Coldpwa
02-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Not really, it was only extra Hp the Succy offered extra CC, seeing fear could easily be broken by talents among other things.

Why the imp was viable:

- my gear and pets receiving spell damage from lock's gear after patch
- -1 sec casting time on Firebolt while that talent was working properly plus the 3/3 imp. imp demo talent

Benefits?

- dps (and yes, it did quite a lot)
- breaking shammy totems (specifically grounding)
- taking back enemy's casting time (you can't cast much when you got the imp throwing Firebolts at you every second while I'm doing whatever I'm doing)
- was the better option against certain classes
- extra health

I really rarely PuG'ed BGs at 60, so I almost always had a healer looking after me, Succubus' CC wasn't often a plus (which was also unreliable, especially in BGs having every other guy breaking it)

When I wasn't using the imp, I was (still am) using the Felhunter, which I find to be a better choice over the Succubus.

Slashy
02-08-2007, 05:42 PM
maybe 1vs1.. but if you had an imp out in a bg yr a waste of space

Valoran
02-08-2007, 05:45 PM
My post was in reply to yours so what you initially said, I think would matter in my reply. What I said about Drakedog was directly related to your post. Clearly that seems to be too complicated an idea for you to grasp.

A pity you have to take on insulting people when you're proven wrong, Valoran. ;)
Proven? kek. Strawman ftw. You rebuked me as if I still held drakedog as a currently innovitive player, which I don't. I was only talking about his past exploits.

So yeah, I stand by the idiot comment.

Coldpwa
02-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Proven? kek. Strawman ftw. You rebuked me as if I still held drakedog as a currently innovitive player, which I don't. I was only talking about his past exploits.

So yeah, I stand by the idiot comment.

You were talking present in your post.
I replied in present.
You turn it around and talk about past.

Good going.

Flawless
02-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Why the imp was viable:

- -1 sec casting time on Firebolt while that talent was working properly plus the 3/3 imp. imp demo talent

Benefits?

- dps (and yes, it did quite a lot) - You could have the succy DPS, plus an imp can be 1 shotted, and if the imp did enough DPS to impact a fight, you suck.
- breaking shammy totems (specifically grounding) - Not use a wand?
- taking back enemy's casting time (you can't cast much when you got the imp throwing Firebolts at you every second while I'm doing whatever I'm doing) - Instant casts not effected. person still in control of their character, still has the power to react to "doing what ever you're doing"
- was the better option against certain classes - No its not, in no way does it out weigh a counterspell, or a CC.
- extra health - 520 Hp vs. a CC allowing you to nuke an opponent. tough one.

Yes, those benefits are great indeed. I am defeated, you win!

and for the record, take a screenshot, I AGREE WITH YOU SLASH.

Valoran
02-08-2007, 05:57 PM
You were talking present in your post.
I replied in present.
You turn it around and talk about past.

Good going.If you like. Just seems like you'd just glanced through an old thread (the item you quoted was from a month previous to your reply) and hadn't read it all properly. Feel free to vindicate yourself :P

Coldpwa
02-08-2007, 06:07 PM
Yes, those benefits are great indeed. I am defeated, you win!

and for the record, take a screenshot, I AGREE WITH YOU SLASH.

Yes, indeed, great benefits. Too bad you're busying yourself insulting me rather than reading through them ;)

Coldpwa
02-08-2007, 06:10 PM
If you like. Just seems like you'd just glanced through an old thread (the item you quoted was from a month previous to your reply) and hadn't read it all properly. Feel free to vindicate yourself :P

Woot!, you haven't called me an idiot this time round! Quite an improvement, think I'm letting you go!

Valoran
02-08-2007, 06:21 PM
If you didn't get the point the first time round, it's not exactly nice to beat it into your head. Would strongly hint at mental defects that really aren't your fault and can't be held against you.

Coldpwa
02-08-2007, 06:37 PM
If you didn't get the point the first time round, it's not exactly nice to beat it into your head. Would strongly hint at mental defects that really aren't your fault and can't be held against you.

ROFL! I'd really like to meet you in real life, wanna know if you're just the same asshat you're proving to be over the internet ;)

Valoran
02-08-2007, 06:45 PM
I think I'm busy not giving a damn.

Coldpwa
02-08-2007, 06:47 PM
I think I'm busy not giving a damn.

Oh, what a shame. :<

Corruption
03-08-2007, 03:31 PM
Well, that argument sure was shit :(

Valoran
03-08-2007, 03:35 PM
It's not an arguement when someone ignores facts and insists that imps are better than any other warlock pet.

Flawless
03-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Did you not read the list?!

Why the imp was viable:

Benefits?

- dps (and yes, it did quite a lot) - You could have the succy DPS, plus an imp can be 1 shotted, and if the imp did enough DPS to impact a fight, you suck.
- taking back enemy's casting time (you can't cast much when you got the imp throwing Firebolts at you every second while I'm doing whatever I'm doing) - Instant casts not effected. person still in control of their character, still has the power to react to "doing what ever you're doing"
- was the better option against certain classes - No its not, in no way does it out weigh a counterspell, or a CC.

Coldpwa
03-08-2007, 04:31 PM
It's not an arguement when someone ignores facts and insists that imps are better than any other warlock pet.

I never said that. I said the imp was viable at level 60.

Someone is in need of reading lessons it seems. :)

Valoran
03-08-2007, 04:39 PM
You're incorrect, regardless.

Coldpwa
03-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Flawless - have you ever played a walrock?

The imp can't be one-shot unless it's a DD nuke's crit (and noone actually bothers with it).
Because a) you don't have time b) you need to stand still c) you can cast while the imp is destroying the totems.
Oh, yes - person still in control of their character! Let me guess - made a level 19 and Feared all in vicinity in WSG? That would explain your background knowledge on warlocks.
Everyone and their mother breaks Seduce. Counterspell is obviously not useful against melee.
I have never needed to "nuke" an opponent at level 60, if you used Shadow Bolt in most situations in battlegrounds, you are a dickhead.

Coldpwa
03-08-2007, 04:45 PM
You're incorrect, regardless.

Go get a clue. Come back later.

Coldpwa
03-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Did you not read the list?!

http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-reputation.xml?r=Shadowsong&n=Flawless

Seeing as this is your battleground experience, I shouldn't be bothering.

Valoran
03-08-2007, 06:43 PM
If you want to call experience into it. Go back to the thread where you first made the comments about this and look at the rank 14 players calling you an idiot.

Flawless
03-08-2007, 07:05 PM
http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-reputation.xml?r=Shadowsong&n=Flawless

Seeing as this is your battleground experience, I shouldn't be bothering.

Ha, I don't even play flawless any more, hes ready for tanking should any friends need me.

Second, just because you played in enough premades to get the "Justicar" title means jack to anyone.

Third, Good way to argue go off on a tangent seeing you know I'm right, Instead of defending your point.

You didn't need to have a high rank or Justicar to know how to pvp, alot of people had the time and patience, I wasn't one of those :P

I've also played and talked to enough experienced people to know you're a fool. Heck even slash knows :<

We've all seen idiots and fools run around with the justicar title, and more so get to marshal or over and still be clueless.

Must really hurt knowing a less experienced player than yourself knows more about pvping with your class than you, I'm sorry.

Coldpwa
03-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Ha, I don't even play flawless any more, hes ready for tanking should any friends need me.

Second, just because you played in enough premades to get the "Justicar" title means jack to anyone.

Third, Good way to argue go off on a tangent seeing you know I'm right, Instead of defending your point.

You didn't need to have a high rank or Justicar to know how to pvp, alot of people had the time and patience, I wasn't one of those :P

I've also played and talked to enough experienced people to know you're a fool. Heck even slash knows :<

We've all seen idiots and fools run around with the justicar title, and more so get to marshal or over and still be clueless.

Must really hurt knowing a less experienced player than yourself knows more about pvping with your class than you, I'm sorry.

I did defend my point, but you chose to ignore my previous post :rolleyes:

Here it is, once again, just for you:

The imp can't be one-shot unless it's a DD nuke's crit (and noone actually bothers with it).
Because a) you don't have time b) you need to stand still c) you can cast while the imp is destroying the totems.
Oh, yes - person still in control of their character! Let me guess - made a level 19 and Feared all in vicinity in WSG? That would explain your background knowledge on warlocks.
Everyone and their mother breaks Seduce. Counterspell is obviously not useful against melee.
I have never needed to "nuke" an opponent at level 60, if you used Shadow Bolt in most situations in battlegrounds, you are a dickhead.

Coldpwa
03-08-2007, 07:32 PM
If you want to call experience into it. Go back to the thread where you first made the comments about this and look at the rank 14 players calling you an idiot.

Wow, you really know how to argue... through this thread you have made nil points other than repeatedly calling me an idiot.

Valoran
03-08-2007, 10:01 PM
I made a perfectly valid point. That there was no point talking to someone who held such a stupid view as hard fact.

Muh
03-08-2007, 10:19 PM
Imps just make me go
RAWRSTORMSTRIKELOL

Coldpwa
03-08-2007, 10:20 PM
I made a perfectly valid point. That there was no point talking to someone who held such a stupid view as hard fact.

Then why are you still here? :(

Flawless
03-08-2007, 10:29 PM

Never seen this,

Because a) you don't have time b) you need to stand still c) you can cast while the imp is destroying the totems. A) Yes you have time, nearly every class has some way for CCing an enemy long enough to kill a pet.

B) No you don't, since when do classes not have instant spells? or lets suggest its a melee do they need to stand still?

C) Yes you can, and this is valid point, but you can also still cast while your other pets are destroying the totem no? Added to the fact you could CS an enemy and wand it, or seduce and wand a totem. In reality I doubt you came across that many totems it made it worth it.

Oh, yes - person still in control of their character! Let me guess - made a level 19 and Feared all in vicinity in WSG? That would explain your background knowledge on warlocks. I wasn't talking about fear? Seriously what the shit are you talking about.

I was making a point that the push back from the imps fireball was inferior to a person, NOT CASTING AT ALL, like a seduce would! The Target cannot pot, cannot heal, cannot use shields, cannot dispell. Where the imp Lol push back on casts LOLOLOL

I have never needed to "nuke" an opponent at level 60, if you used Shadow Bolt in most situations in battlegrounds, you are a dickhead Never had to nuke an oppenent? Lol, your saying that your DPS was so hardcore you never needed to all out nuke an opponent down, or the fact that you where too stupid to realise when a nuke was needed?

Let me put this to you, Justicar, seeing your oh so skilled.

Situation A - AB - You alone are sent to mines to take it, 2 horde are also en route. What pet do you use and why?

Situation B - WSG - You alone are sent to get the flag back, a rogue has the flag (for example) along with a Human priest. What pet and why?

Oh, just for clarification this is using level 60 standards as you've already said you use the felhunter now.

Coldpwa
03-08-2007, 10:48 PM
B) No you don't, since when do classes not have instant spells? or lets suggest its a melee do they need to stand still? You suggested that I wand. I have to stand still so that I wand. All of my instants other than Shadowburn do not do DD, therefore they won't destroy a grounding totem.

A) Yes you have time, nearly every class has some way for CCing an enemy long enough to kill a pet. This was again in reference to wanding.

C) Yes you can, and this is valid point, but you can also still cast while your other pets are destroying the totem no? Added to the fact you could CS an enemy and wand it, or seduce and wand a totem. In reality I doubt you came across that many totems it made it worth it.I can't actually use magic if grounding's not destroyed, and with Tremor standing, trying to Fear or Seduce is a no-go. The imp would get the totems destroyed most easily.

I was making a point that the push back from the imps fireball was inferior to a person, NOT CASTING AT ALL, like a seduce would! The Target cannot pot, cannot heal, cannot use shields, cannot dispell. Where the imp Lol push back on casts LOLOLOLKindly refer to

Everyone and their mother breaks Seduce. Situation A - AB - You alone are sent to mines to take it, 2 horde are also en route. What pet do you use and why?

Situation B - WSG - You alone are sent to get the flag back, a rogue has the flag (for example) along with a Human priest. What pet and why?...

1) I'm not alone. I tend to play as a team.

2) You're giving examples to specific circumstances. I know Felhunter is good for class/circumstance X while Succubus is good for Y, thanks.

3) I don't switch between pets all the time for obvious reasons.

4) Yeah, human priest. Nevermind I'm Alliance and half the Horde population is undead, gg.

Plus, I hardly use the imp these days, so using present is inappropriate. The points I were making were regarding level 60 when the imp was buffed.

dantheman
03-08-2007, 10:53 PM
Succubus was pretty much the best pet to use at 60 unless you were soul link or an idiot.

Alverion
03-08-2007, 10:54 PM
hahahaha, this thread is awesome.

It's like that warrior thread has been reborn in a form MUCH MORE AWESOME.

I love the debate dodging here

Coldpwa
03-08-2007, 10:58 PM
Succusbus was pretty much the best pet to use at 60 unless you were soul link or an idiot.

"dantheman (http://www.shadowsongeurope.com/forum/member.php?u=17651)

Level 70 Orc Warlock"

'Nuff said.

Flawless
03-08-2007, 10:59 PM
2) You're giving examples to specific circumstances. I know Felhunter is good for class/circumstance X while Succubus is good for Y, thanks. YES THANK YOU! You just admitted you would not use the Imp in these situations making your point about the imp being useful moot! You never even mentioned the imp being good for any situation of your own design, making me believe the fact you know its useless.

Thank you for being schooled, Bitch.

Thread's over.

dantheman
03-08-2007, 10:59 PM
No need to be rascist

Alverion
03-08-2007, 11:01 PM
You have small shoulders, it's perfectly warranted : b

Coldpwa
03-08-2007, 11:02 PM
YES THANK YOU! You just admitted you would not use the Imp in these situations making your point about the imp being useful moot! You never even mentioned the imp being good for any situation of your own design, making me believe the fact you know its useless.

Thank you for being schooled, Bitch.

Thread's over.

The imp was better as an average to all situations while people were playing as a team, while the imp was buffed, while having spent talents in improving it, while being decently geared, while not being a dickhead and accepting a fucking point. Bitch!!

Alverion
03-08-2007, 11:04 PM
No .. it wasn't, just get over it, you were wrong, so many people have told you this. I'm sure if you posted this crap anywhere, you would be equally ridiculed.

Flawless
03-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Get over yourself, I'm right for once in my life, I'm right, you're wrong. I win. You lose.

Don't keep kidding yourself.

Thread's over.

dantheman
03-08-2007, 11:08 PM
It really wasn't better. I also don't see how me being an orc has anything to do with my opinion. I know my class well and I know how to pvp. I'm sure a few people on these boards would back that up. What I said was true, Succubus was the best overall pvp pet at 60 without a doubt.

Coldpwa
03-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Yes, it was.

I'm right, you're wrong. You're wrong because you're wrong but also because of thinking I am wrong. You're twice wrong.

Gonna go dookies at this point, checking back tomorrow :D

Coldpwa
03-08-2007, 11:11 PM
It really wasn't better. I also don't see how me being an orc has anything to do with my opinion. I know my class well and I know how to pvp. I'm sure a few people on these boards would back that up. What I said was true, Succubus was the best overall pvp pet at 60 without a doubt.

I think it's got to do with something starting with an "H" and ending with an "e". You think you can solve this one? Huh?

Flawless
03-08-2007, 11:11 PM
The fact you do not use it now, prove us right.

Flawless
03-08-2007, 11:12 PM
I think it's got to do with something starting with an "H" and ending with an "e". You think you can solve this one? Huh?

Ah yes horde, but wait.. thats not an argument at all!

Alverion
03-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Hello Strawman

Flawless
03-08-2007, 11:14 PM
How's it going Alverion?

Alverion
03-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Not too bad really, not too bad at all

Hows it going with you?

Flawless
03-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Ah you know, Shadowsong got boring as of late, Rerolled to a pvp server, Pretty fun indeed.

STV is a blast.

Alverion
03-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Hah!

Yeah, I levelled my druid on a pvp server originally, STV is very painful as a druid. Great WSG practice though : b

What class you playing?

Flawless
03-08-2007, 11:20 PM
Made a rogue, thought I'd be unoriginal. Server isn't bad at all, economy is abit strange, 60g for a stack of arcane dust. >.>

Alverion
03-08-2007, 11:24 PM
Geez, and that only goes to remind me I really should start selling all that arcane dust my bank is sitting on >.<

I can only imagine a rogue on a pvp server comes with a fair bit of fun. Especially now that sapping doesn't unstealth you, can sit there and screw with people all day.

Flawless
03-08-2007, 11:26 PM
There seems to be alot of carebears tho...

I was doing it for abit of fun and got a whisper,

"Why are you doing that? He hasn't attacked you"

Basically started it for the pvp, although the pve do have Kael down looking at their gear.

soulshift
03-08-2007, 11:26 PM
Especially now that sapping doesn't unstealth you, can sit there and screw with people all day.

I don't see how sap and sexual intercourse are related. :(

Alverion
03-08-2007, 11:32 PM
Sapped girls (or boys/bears/kitties depending on your preferences) can't say no.

I've always found PvE progress to be far more competitive and therefore more advanced on PvP servers compared to PvE. It's by no means an all encompassing observation, but it holds a bit of water at least.

lol @ carebears on a PvP server, always fun ^_^. I levelled my druid with a fire mage, someone I could sit back and heal while racking up HKs : b

Slashy
04-08-2007, 12:25 AM

yeh flawless go reroll walrock

yr still wrong tho.. imp is shit

Slashy
04-08-2007, 12:33 AM
Why the imp was viable:

- -1 sec casting time on Firebolt while that talent was working properly plus the 3/3 imp.

isnt there a 1.5sec global cooldown making the 1sec spell cast..... pointless?

also.. why the fook would you waste talent points in that?

Flawless
04-08-2007, 01:06 AM
yeh flawless go reroll walrock

yr still wrong tho.. imp is shitSir yes sir, I shall Pvp to my heart's end, I shall Imp until I limp, I shall fireball people into stop casting, I shall not use CC, I Shall not nuke. I here by declare my allegiance to the lollock

Alverion
04-08-2007, 01:12 AM
Stop derailing the thread, this is about Flawless' rogue sapping female characters in STV for "hot jungle lovin'"

Flawless
04-08-2007, 01:22 AM
Pfft, I have more taste than that, I do it in Booty Bay.

C wht I did thar?

And get back to work before I tell yin!

Alverion
04-08-2007, 01:34 AM
Pfft, I have more taste than that, I do it in Booty Bay.

C wht I did thar?

And get back to work before I tell yin!

Yin wants me to get fired so I can raid at the weekend too : b

Definitely showing some class there too, up there in that sweet Boat Hull Hotel with the fine rooms with no doors >.>

Flawless
04-08-2007, 01:37 AM
And a Kitchen near by so they are never too far from home :') :P

Chonsette
04-08-2007, 01:50 AM

Aye, being an orc should mean he's overpowered enough to use whatever pet he wants and still win with ease.

The only orc racial that's worth mentioning here is hardiness (15% stun resist) which sounds nice, but hardly something to whine about. Sure, it's nice against rogues, but so is using the pvp trinklet to get out of the initial stun then throwing a death coil in their face. (15% chance of saving yourself a 2 min cd, sounds overpowered)

Anyhow, using an imp in pvp? I can't think of a single situation where I'd rather have an imp. Ever. Hell, even the voidwalker's more useful.

Anyhow, here's a list I'd like to call l2p.

Succubus.

Mage - seduce > nuke. Either forces the mage to waste his ice block/pvp trinklet/wotf and isn't prone to counterspell, where as getting that on your fear will make you a sad panda. 'course, if the mage sucks or those're on cd. You've started with a fair advantage. Useful if you ever get sheeped too and seducing mid way through the pyro about to be cast on you.

Warlock - Seduce > nuke. Again, either forces the lock to waste pvp trinklet/wotf/felhunters devour/SL on the succu to avoid getting a crapload of burst in their face.

Priest - seduce > nuke again. Interrupting big heals if you get feared.

Druid - Not overly useful here, Good if they switch to caster form, not dotted and begin to heal, I guess. Moonkin deserves the seduce > nuke routine too.

Rogue - Seducing and/or CoEx is pretty much essential here to help with kiting. Throw a netherweave net on them when they pop clos too if yer a tailor.

hunter - if they're not BM. Then seducing the hunter makes 'em easy mode.

shaman - keep range and they'll either follow and lose range from their totems or you can abuse the succu to destroy totems. Makes no difference what pet you use to destroy them at all since this was one of your arguments for using an imp...

pala - force bubble/pvp trinklet. Makes it a much easier fight.

warr - Death wish/zerker rage must've lol'd at you and yer imp enough times to know that a succu would be much easier here.

Felhunter

Mage - devour frost nova off yourself to stop frost mages doing more damage than having your imp out would give you. Spell lock the spell relevant to their tree (which should be obvious)

Warlock - If the lock's a moron and using an imp, you'll have an easy time. If they're using a worthwhile pet however Devour fear/seduce/sacrifice and spell lock when they're casting something from their shadow school and have a fun fight. (Unless they're SL, that's never a fun fight) Also, devour a random dot off yourself and save more health than the imp gives.

Priest - Abuse devour for PW:S and renew, spell lock heals if they're not shadow. Spell lock if they're shadow.

Rogue - Useless, but so's the imp.

Druid - Sexy for devouring HoTs and completely locking them down if they're casting...anything with a cast time.

Hunter - Devour traps on yourself, again save more hp than blood pact gives.

Shaman - kill totems, spell lock anything with a cast time. Lol some.

Pala - Spell lock when hp's low and they wont be able to bubble, lol again.

Warr - Devour fear from yourself. Otherwise useless.

Flawless
04-08-2007, 02:06 AM
But... the imp, DPS totem destroyer, spell push back all in one pet! How could I have been so blind!

I'll wait for Coldpwa's reply of "But Im in a team where the imp is on average a better pet"

Even tho the team has to add that extra bit of play to suit him where he could add more than just plain ol' non-nuking DPS.

soulshift
04-08-2007, 03:02 AM
Definitely showing some class there too, up there in that sweet Boat Hull Hotel with the fine rooms with no doors >.>

It's more fun if people can see you.
Don't ask me how I know that. >.>

Flawless
04-08-2007, 03:39 AM
I see I am not the only one to experience the A* quality A/C there!

Coldpwa
04-08-2007, 07:17 AM
The fact you do not use it now, prove us right.
It's not viable now. The whole point if the discussion was that it was viable at level 60 under the mentioned conditions. Goes to show you completely missed the point of what I was arguing for.

yr still wrong tho.. imp is shit
Yes, the imp right now is pretty shit for PvP as it was for most of the time. I was arguing for a specific period of time. :rolleyes:

isnt there a 1.5sec global cooldown making the 1sec spell cast..... pointless?

also.. why the fook would you waste talent points in that?
While the imp was buffed, it did actually shoot Firebolts every second ignoring the global cooldown. I would assume you'd know that seeing as how you had 2++++++++ years of PvP experience.

Aye, being an orc should mean he's overpowered enough to use whatever pet he wants and still win with ease.

The only orc racial that's worth mentioning here is hardiness (15% stun resist) which sounds nice, but hardly something to whine about. Sure, it's nice against rogues, but so is using the pvp trinklet to get out of the initial stun then throwing a death coil in their face. (15% chance of saving yourself a 2 min cd, sounds overpowered)

Anyhow, using an imp in pvp? I can't think of a single situation where I'd rather have an imp. Ever. Hell, even the voidwalker's more useful.

Succubus.

Mage - seduce > nuke. Either forces the mage to waste his ice block/pvp trinklet/wotf and isn't prone to counterspell, where as getting that on your fear will make you a sad panda. 'course, if the mage sucks or those're on cd. You've started with a fair advantage. Useful if you ever get sheeped too and seducing mid way through the pyro about to be cast on you.

Warlock - Seduce > nuke. Again, either forces the lock to waste pvp trinklet/wotf/felhunters devour/SL on the succu to avoid getting a crapload of burst in their face.

Druid - Not overly useful here, Good if they switch to caster form, not dotted and begin to heal, I guess. Moonkin deserves the seduce > nuke routine too.

Rogue - Seducing and/or CoEx is pretty much essential here to help with kiting. Throw a netherweave net on them when they pop clos too if yer a tailor.

shaman - keep range and they'll either follow and lose range from their totems or you can abuse the succu to destroy totems. Makes no difference what pet you use to destroy them at all since this was one of your arguments for using an imp...

warr - Death wish/zerker rage must've lol'd at you and yer imp enough times to know that a succu would be much easier here.

Felhunter

Mage - devour frost nova off yourself to stop frost mages doing more damage than having your imp out would give you. Spell lock the spell relevant to their tree (which should be obvious)

Warlock - If the lock's a moron and using an imp, you'll have an easy time. If they're using a worthwhile pet however Devour fear/seduce/sacrifice and spell lock when they're casting something from their shadow school and have a fun fight. (Unless they're SL, that's never a fun fight) Also, devour a random dot off yourself and save more health than the imp gives.

Priest - Abuse devour for PW:S and renew, spell lock heals if they're not shadow. Spell lock if they're shadow.

Druid - Sexy for devouring HoTs and completely locking them down if they're casting...anything with a cast time.

Go read what I said again moron. I'm not discussing present. I know how to play with these pets even better than you do it seems.

Also:

Paladins will be able to bubble through Spell Lock's debuff unless I counter Holy... and if a paladin tries to heal at something like 20% while I got a Felhunter, he's a retard.
You can't devour Intimidating Shout, it's not a magic effect :rolleyes:

And there's more shit I can't be arsed to read/comment on

Flawless
04-08-2007, 07:19 AM
The points Chonsette made are still valid at 60.

Answer me this, Why are you still bothering? Rank 14's have said its stupid, everyone has said its stupid, NO ONE has agreed with you.

I'm pretty sure you posted this anywhere else NO ONE would agree with you.

You're just acting the fool because you're too proud to say, "I was wrong about the imp".

Coldpwa
04-08-2007, 07:26 AM
Yeah, I shouldn't be bothering, if you haven't tried it, you obviously don't know.

Flawless
04-08-2007, 07:29 AM
You're hopeless, If you believe so strongly that you're where the king ding of warlocks by using the imp, please go post it on the WoW Forums, or go ask on EJ and see how long it takes to get put on the dung heap.

Least we all know not to ask you about warlocks, probably better asking about warriors seeing you've given more correct information about them than you're class :p

Coldpwa
04-08-2007, 07:37 AM
Are you unable to make an argument without insulting the person you're arguing with? Do you think you win an argument by calling me hopeless or something?

What I said was 100% correct, solid facts. You chose to ignore them and go by the stereotypical "imp is shit". Well, fair doos I say! Let's agree to disagree.

Flawless
04-08-2007, 07:42 AM
No actually I made valid points to why the imp is shit, and why choosing another would be better, like other people have done. Perhaps you didn't read Chonsettes post? Alot of people have made valid points which you normally go off on a tangent or come up with another reason without answering the question directly.

And they where facts, but not solid nor facts that couldn't apply to other pets bar a few.

Are you unable to make an argument without insulting the person you're arguing with? Do you think you win an argument by calling me hopeless or something?On this forum? No I like calling people idiots, fucktards, dickheads, hopeless idiots who think's their opinion means something because they have a Justicar title because this is the only forum I get to do that, and I love it for it.

I also love how you completely ignored Chonsette's post, is that how you win arguements? Just ignore the most in detail post and say, some shit that can apply to both 60 and 70?

Last question, are you completely ignorant of other peoples opinion to completely ignore them or even respond to the fact they might be right and you could in fact be wrong?

Chopper
04-08-2007, 07:47 AM
In Soviet Azeroth, Imp uses a Coldpwa pet.

Also, this thread sure is coming along nicely. Keep it up.

Coldpwa
04-08-2007, 07:48 AM
On this forum? No I like calling people idiots, fucktards, dickheads, hopeless idiots who think's their opinion means something because they have a Justicar title because this is the only forum I get to do that, and I love it for it.
Sounds like someone needs to get a life to me. :)

"Justicar" doesn't mean much to me either, but if you're Friendly with WSG, I mean, come on, have you PvP'ed at all?

As for ignoring valid points, would you like to point me to something I did not reply to?

Flawless
04-08-2007, 07:50 AM

Succubus.

Felhunter

Reply to that in an intelligent manner.

And I love how you think this is my only character, and friendly with WSG doesn't change the fact I would of walked all over your ass had I seen you with an imp :)

Did you just insult me?! Is there a post you don't act patronising in?

Sounds like someone needs to get a life to me.
and you're still here after saying numerous times "I shouldn't bother", twat.

Coldpwa
04-08-2007, 07:54 AM
And I love how you think this is my only character, and friendly with WSG doesn't change the fact I would of walked all over your ass had I seen you with an imp :)

Sure, like all other warriors at 60 I take it? :D

I've already replied to that. There hardly is anything more to add.

Flawless
04-08-2007, 08:09 AM
Wow, thanks for proving me wro... wait you didn't reply to the quote again, are you retarded? Did you miss it?

Here it is for you, now discuss

Succubus.

Felhunter

Now discuss, or will you "I've already replied to that with a reply that made fuck all sense proving more so I cannot engage in a debate. So I act like an idiot, and still pretend that I made a valid point."

I don't think there is much point going on if you won't reply, the whole of this forum bar you, has seen

A) You're an idiot beyond measure
B) An 'tard could of got the Justicar rank
C) Imps where and still are shit
D) Not to ask you for advice on... warlocks, spec's, pets... screw that. Anything.
E) You cannot answer valid points but choose to ignore them or go of on tangents without answering them, again proving point's A and B.

Seeing you took the liberty of looking my character up I've done the same, you might be able to respond to this, as just like you I have gone off on a completely unrelated point.

Lets see,

Nice arena rankings, must of took a pro like you some time to get ratings like those!

This will be my final post, if you do manage to answer chonsette's post in a way that proves to me that you can debate and not be so narrow minded I may post again. Otherwise you can save your energy and not bother yourself the embarrassment.

Coldpwa
04-08-2007, 08:19 AM
:smt090

I feel so embarrassed.

:booty:

I dared disagree with you guys.

:monkey:

About World of Warcraft.

:smt092

Shit!

:eek:

Coldpwa
04-08-2007, 08:22 AM
I think I'd better be killing myself now. Bbl.

soulshift
04-08-2007, 08:27 AM
Sounds like someone needs to get a life to me. :)

"Justicar" doesn't mean much to me either, but if you're Friendly with WSG, I mean, come on, have you PvP'ed at all?

As for ignoring valid points, would you like to point me to something I did not reply to?

I can safely say that he has PvPed alot as a warrior. He actually used to PvP with me several times before reputation was insanely buffed in WSG. (Before AB was even released.)
After that he basically quit PvP as a warrior, yes. (As far as I know, anyway)

But if you're going to use reputation as a way to measure experience and amount PvPed while you have no clue how his alts are called, first check up on how much rep WSG gave before they boosted reputation gained there by a lot.

You're just making yourself look like a fool this way.

Chopper
04-08-2007, 08:36 AM
A full compliment of DoTs removed most of my 6khp back at 60. Add to that lolcoil, healthstone, drain life...

Mmm, yes. Imba.

Coldpwa
04-08-2007, 08:48 AM
A full compliment of DoTs removed most of my 6khp back at 60. Add to that lolcoil, healthstone, drain life...

Mmm, yes. Imba.

Ah yes, I remember you Chopper. I needed to use none of the above "lolcoil, healthstone, drain life" to beat you... still a clicker, by the way? Cuz it sure looked like you were one.

soulshift
04-08-2007, 09:00 AM
Ah yes, I remember you Chopper. I needed to use none of the above "lolcoil, healthstone, drain life" to beat you... still a clicker, by the way? Cuz it sure looked like you were one.

Hmm....reminds me of this:

Are you unable to make an argument without insulting the person you're arguing with?

Glad to see that attitude disappears so fast. >.>

Coldpwa
04-08-2007, 09:02 AM
Hmm....reminds me of this:

Glad to see that attitude disappears so fast. >.>

I don't think I've been insulting to Chopper. Rather factual.

Corruption
04-08-2007, 09:40 AM
So have all the people disagreeing with you in this thread, they've been incredibly factual but you're too shit to realise it and accept it. Get a grip

Coldpwa
04-08-2007, 09:51 AM
So have all the people disagreeing with you in this thread, they've been incredibly factual but you're too shit to realise it and accept it. Get a grip
Actually, noone has countered my argument with facts other than repeatedly calling me an idiot or hopeless and giving examples to irrelevant situations :rolleyes:

I'm too shit. My feelings are hurt. Please, no!

Flawless
04-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Your original post of Why the imp was viable, found on page 6.

Why the imp was viable:

Benefits?

- dps (and yes, it did quite a lot)
- breaking shammy totems (specifically grounding)
- taking back enemy's casting time (you can't cast much when you got the imp throwing Firebolts at you every second while I'm doing whatever I'm doing)
- was the better option against certain classes
- extra health

I really rarely PuG'ed BGs at 60, so I almost always had a healer looking after me, Succubus' CC wasn't often a plus (which was also unreliable, especially in BGs having every other guy breaking it)

When I wasn't using the imp, I was (still am) using the Felhunter, which I find to be a better choice over the Succubus.

Counter-argument found on page 7

Why the imp was viable:

Benefits?

An argument from found on page 8

Counter-argument page 9

A) Yes you have time, nearly every class has some way for CCing an enemy long enough to kill a pet.

B) No you don't, since when do classes not have instant spells? or lets suggest its a melee do they need to stand still?

C) Yes you can, and this is valid point, but you can also still cast while your other pets are destroying the totem no? Added to the fact you could CS an enemy and wand it, or seduce and wand a totem. In reality I doubt you came across that many totems it made it worth it.

I was making a point that the push back from the imps fireball was inferior to a person, NOT CASTING AT ALL, like a seduce would! The Target cannot pot, cannot heal, cannot use shields, cannot dispell. Where the imp Lol push back on casts LOLOLOL
S was so hardcore you never needed to all out nuke an opponent down, or the fact that you where too stupid to realise when a nuke was needed?

Let me put this to you, Justicar, seeing your oh so skilled.

Situation A - AB - You alone are sent to mines to take it, 2 horde are also en route. What pet do you use and why?

Situation B - WSG - You alone are sent to get the flag back, a rogue has the flag (for example) along with a Human priest. What pet and why?

Counter-Counter-Arugment Page 10

1) I'm not alone. I tend to play as a team.

2) You're giving examples to specific circumstances. I know Felhunter is good for class/circumstance X while Succubus is good for Y, thanks.

3) I don't switch between pets all the time for obvious reasons.

4) Yeah, human priest. Nevermind I'm Alliance and half the Horde population is undead, gg.

Plus, I hardly use the imp these days, so using present is inappropriate. The points I were making were regarding level 60 when the imp was buffed.

I'd like to point out how you do not answer the situations. Nice doding as ever.

Chonsette's list of why the Succy and Felhunter are better than the imp - page 12

Succubus.

Felhunter

Which your response on page 13 was

Go read what I said again moron. I'm not discussing present. I know how to play with these pets even better than you do it seems.

No reasoning, the list applys to both 60 and 70, No discussion at all regarding how you know to play against these classes better.

A typical Coldpwa argument page 14

Sounds like someone needs to get a life to me.

As for ignoring valid points, would you like to point me to something I did not reply to? No attempt at debating imp viability any more, rather descending into changing the subject rather than making a valid argument to the subject. Please note this is most likely because Coldpwa has realised heshe is a retard.

another coldpwa response

Sure, like all other warriors at 60 I take it?

I've already replied to that. There hardly is anything more to add. Yet again no attempt to discuss the subject of imp viability again trying to further change the subject, still refuses to answer Chonsettes list in an intelligent way.

Another coldpwa response

I feel so embarrassed.

I dared disagree with you guys.

About World of Warcraft.

Shit!

As low at it goes, changing their tone from earlier in the thread where they where debating it, to the point where they have the moral high ground for not fighting over a game.

Another coldpwa troll response

Actually, noone has countered my argument with facts other than repeatedly calling me an idiot or hopeless and giving examples to irrelevant situations

I'm too shit. My feelings are hurt. Please, no!
Again a response that try to make it look like this discussion never meant anything to him, but as we know by his serious reply earlier in the thread that is not the case.

I compiled this to show that your arguments where countered in a factual way to which any warlock would be able to answer in detail and provide knowledge and game mechanics to back up their claims.

Coldpwa
04-08-2007, 10:54 AM
I've already said why I think the imp was viable: "the imp was better as an average to all situations while people were playing as a team, while the imp was buffed, while having spent talents in improving it, while being decently geared, while not being a dickhead and accepting a fucking point".

You disagree. Let's see it this way: it doesn't mean I'm wrong neither does it mean you're right. We have a difference in opinion.

And yes, I have replied to Chonsette, what more would you like me to say? His arguments are in fact irrelevant, what you want me to do, go over each point one by one and portray how they're flawed? As I've said numerous times and clearly phrased above,

"the imp was better as an average to all situations while people were playing as a team, while the imp was buffed, while having spent talents in improving it, while being decently geared, while not being a dickhead and accepting a fucking point".

You seem to think I should be embarrassed for some reason. I really am not. :rolleyes:

Flawless
04-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Woah, a response this is off the scale!

Embarrassed? No, its beyond that.

Seriously, answer me this, if the imp was that good at 60, why did none of the R14... R13's etc use it in premades?

now,

the imp was better as an average to all situations while people were playing as a team, while the imp was buffed, while having spent talents in improving it, while being decently geared, while not being a dickhead and accepting a fucking point". Average situations? You mean zerging PUGS in WSG for flag caps? or perhaps you mean going for 5/5 flag caps and just Gy camping them?

Lets talk about actual pvp situations where you're not faced with a PuG Horde, where you are infact facing skills and organised opposition.

I can't comprehend that you, someone who claims to be a skilled pvp'er with alot of experience, uses an imp instead of another pet. You always use this I played with a team, yes so did alot of other warlocks and they didn't use it for obvious reasons.

I also get the idea you're idea of team play is warped, a team knows each others strengths and weakness's. A good warlock can take out a healer and another person with the flag single handily a good warlock can also take out 2 classes vs. himself by CCing one and nuking the other and still capture the mine.

Team play is about using your team mates strengths to your advantages, not just making the healers heal you so you can lolleroll a pug. Being in a team doesn't mean you should run around in groups to assure you'll get the victory.

soulshift
04-08-2007, 11:13 AM
I've already said why I think the imp was viable: "the imp was better as an average to all situations while people were playing as a team, while the imp was buffed, while having spent talents in improving it, while being decently geared, while not being a dickhead and accepting a fucking point".

You disagree. Let's see it this way: it doesn't mean I'm wrong neither does it mean you're right. We have a difference in opinion.

And yes, I have replied to Chonsette, what more would you like me to say? His arguments are in fact irrelevant, what you want me to do, go over each point one by one and portray how they're flawed? As I've said numerous times and clearly phrased above,

"the imp was better as an average to all situations while people were playing as a team, while the imp was buffed, while having spent talents in improving it, while being decently geared, while not being a dickhead and accepting a fucking point".

I generally don't tend to mix in with serious discussions on SSE, but really.
I rather have someone eating buffs or eating debuffs with me when I'm flagrunning as a druid. I rather have a warrior seduced off me so he'll stop charging/intercepting/hammstringing me. Same goes for any caster trying to stop me.
An imp would do nothing because the little amount of HP I'd gain from it is also lost when I get out of range or have to enter it first. It doesn't magically fill itself, anyway.

In AB a rogue going for a healer. Your imp would give the healer somewhat more survivability but the healer will fear the rogue, rogue uses WotF and goes back to raping your healer. With a suck-a-buss, you could seduce him and keep him off your healer while dealing with their healers or other dps. This also gives your healer time to actually heal without interuptions or kicks.
Felhunter even makes rogues/druids easier to spot before they can stunlock your healer. If your healer is in your party, even he/she can DoT them in time with some luck.
I've healed quite alot as a druid in AB and all I can say is that I was glad at times to be around Ashen, when I didn't have an arguement with him.
There was a reason he got mad when you break his seduces. :<

As a druid I've always hated a felhunter, seeing as it ate my buffs and stopped me from healing. An imp? One/two shot it and then rape the lock after trinketing out of fear.
As a hunter I've always hated the suck-a-bus. Imp could be killed easily with multishot and autoshot if it really bothered me. Or even let my pet assist. I barely ever did it unless I was just annoying a lock, though. Imps don't really attract my attention in pvp. I do kill felhunters and suck-a-buses though.

And yes, I am talking about both lvl 60 and 70 pvp. :p

In a team I'll have priests/paladins/other druids there to heal any HP lost. Like you said, you're a team player. CC would be better than raising your allies' max hp with silly amount , seeing as you'll be getting heals anyway if you stay around them and protect your healer.
I'd rather minimize damage done on other players and protect my healers with a pet than give my friends a little bit more max HP and let my Imp try to be a hunter pet.

Psonica
04-08-2007, 11:33 AM
http://www.pson.org/g/albums/userpics/10001/1181545142010yk7.jpg

Coldpwa
04-08-2007, 11:34 AM
If you want an answer to all you've said, review this thread, it's all there.

I'll tell you what, I don't want you sad sods being so frustrated over this:

The imp wasn't viable.

I hope that makes your day!

Psonica
04-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Still the imp is better than nothing if you for some unexplainable reason run out of shards ... but then, when does that happen.

soulshift
04-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Psonica is my new hero. :<

Flawless
04-08-2007, 11:38 AM
Word Soul :P

Psonica
04-08-2007, 11:40 AM
\o/

Me for warchief! yes?

Flawless
04-08-2007, 11:41 AM
Lets not get ahead of ourselves! Perhaps end boss of the new Furblog instance? :P

Slashy
04-08-2007, 11:58 AM
While the imp was buffed, it did actually shoot Firebolts every second ignoring the global cooldown. I would assume you'd know that seeing as how you had 2++++++++ years of PvP experience.

actually no coz i didnt know of anyone stupid enough to put so many talent points into it to get it down to 1second

Slashy
04-08-2007, 12:02 PM

which team was it you pvpd with? if it was Chaos.. IT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING

Arjen
04-08-2007, 12:56 PM
http://www.pson.org/g/albums/userpics/10001/1181545142010yk7.jpg

:o truly outstanding.

I salute you.

And bow.

/salute.

/bow.

edit: I know I've had my dumbass moments, but *cringe* Coldpwa just got owned bigtime...

Chopper
04-08-2007, 04:01 PM
Ah yes, I remember you Chopper. I needed to use none of the above "lolcoil, healthstone, drain life" to beat you...
I seem to recall Deathcoil in most fights, and the occasional Healthstone. I can understand why you might recall things differently. I will admit that I don't recall any Drain Life, but then I wasn't specifically referring to you was I? More the inherent superiority of the warlock class in warlock versus warrior duels at level 60, and I was citing tools at the warlocks disposal as reasons for that superiority. You are familiar with the "rock, paper, scissors" concept, right?

Not sure why you wanted to make things personal, but hey - that's your perogative.

still a clicker, by the way? Cuz it sure looked like you were one.
Yeah, and a keyboard-turner.

Bunneh
04-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Actually had to do a search to find out what a keyboard turner was.

Ammanna
04-08-2007, 07:21 PM
entertaining to read to some extent, but the reason I dont generaly partisapate in such threads:

http://static.flickr.com/75/195983063_e380efd610.jpg

I suppose in this respect each side could take the high ground knowing they have wasted X ammount of the others time.

Muh
04-08-2007, 07:23 PM
If it wasn;t for arguments SSE would be pretty dead

Also had to look up keyboard turners too >.>
Atleast I understand http://www.darklegacycomics.com/87.jpg now xD

Chonsette
04-08-2007, 07:27 PM

If you know how to use them better than me, then what the hell is the point of you being in this topic supporting the imp? -surely- you must know the imp's completely useless in comparison to -any- of the other pets. Unless I fail at using the imp. In which case, please enlighten the world as to how it should be played and where it shines in pvp land.

Paladins will be able to bubble through Spell Lock's debuff unless I counter Holy... and if a paladin tries to heal at something like 20% while I got a Felhunter, he's a retard.

Sorry, I figured it was obvious that I meant to spell lock during a heal. But uh, what's the paladin supposed to do when his bubble is on cd and he's at 20%? /dance to avoid being slated a retard? Or dont you get that far?

You can't devour Intimidating Shout, it's not a magic effect :rolleyes:

/shrug, I don't use felhunters against warriors, so that was just a guess. I guess the imp may well outclass it there.

Yes plx, and state how the imp will help you kill them.

▄ber
04-08-2007, 08:07 PM
This thread has clearly taken a turn towards teh pro shizznit! Too bad I saw all this too way, way too late.

Clueless people arguing against clueless people = pure win.

Chopper
04-08-2007, 08:24 PM
Trolling again, Uber?

▄ber
04-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Me? Not really, iirc I'm posting for the first time in this thread so I can't be held responsible for all this. :P

soulshift
04-08-2007, 09:23 PM
Me? Not really, iirc I'm posting for the first time in this thread so I can't be held responsible for all this. :P

Since when does that stop us from blaming someone and creating additional drama?

▄ber
04-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Good point. Carry on!

soulshift
04-08-2007, 10:05 PM
You remember those concubines and other mobs close to the maiden in Karazhan? At one point they mention a lock who wanted his imp to join in. I rest my case. :<

Ailith
08-08-2007, 11:04 AM
imp rules, no other warlock demon can do those cute backflips!

Thrane
08-08-2007, 03:27 PM

You mean how I beat you during my charge stun? I didn't see your massive boosted health cargo from your imp help you then. Seduce would have though.

Also, you keep saying everyone breaks seduce... yet you play in a team... lolwut? Not a good team then, huh?

Coldpwa
07-10-2007, 11:25 AM
The imp rocks!!!

Malakali
07-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Tbh, Locks with no pet are hardcore

you all fail, put the pets down!

Muffy
06-11-2007, 10:33 AM
http://kr.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=%EC%95%84%EC%A6%88%EC%83%A4%EB%9D%BC&n=Drakedog

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IV0bZbxZxx0trhtVuAo

if you want a translation.

The man Himself.
________
Buy cheap vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews)

Ailith
06-11-2007, 11:40 AM
I may level my 22 Warlock to 70 and spec destruction. Then kill everyone.

Yes, I may just do that.

Muffy
06-11-2007, 11:54 AM
i was destruction for 3 hours last night in EOTS and i was owning, thats only with 15% crit chance...
Its not all that difficult to own with a desto spec :P
Especially since they introduced shadowfury...
you can deathcoil -> immoliate - > shadowfury - > Inciniriate - > conflag,

If your incinirate crits its like 3k+ immoliate 1.5k+ shadowfury 1.5l+ and conflag 2.5k+
Oh, Then shadowburn :D

OVERNINETHOUSANDDAMAGE
________
THE EXTREME-Q VAPORIZER (http://vaporizer.org/reviews)

Gnorth
06-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Nref!

Muffy
06-11-2007, 02:57 PM
drakedog also has deathcoil on button one :D.

Careless info, just like
"Nuts"
Pub Ammo.
________
Oregon medical marijuana dispensaries (http://oregon.dispensaries.org/)

Đightrain
06-11-2007, 08:14 PM
immoliate

Burns away the dead skin cells to leave your skin looking and feeling r10 years younger /nod

Corruption
06-11-2007, 08:38 PM
i was destruction for 3 hours last night in EOTS and i was owning, thats only with 15% crit chance...
Its not all that difficult to own with a desto spec :P
Especially since they introduced shadowfury...
you can deathcoil -> immoliate - > shadowfury - > Inciniriate - > conflag,

If your incinirate crits its like 3k+ immoliate 1.5k+ shadowfury 1.5l+ and conflag 2.5k+
Oh, Then shadowburn :D

OVERNINETHOUSANDDAMAGE

Starting off with death coil, sounds good ;)

Muffy
06-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Starting off with death coil, sounds good ;)

dont have to but easy for catching warriors in battle stance.

was only an example for 1 class. =s
________
LadyNight18 (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/LadyNight18/)

Briggs
08-11-2007, 08:52 AM
and with 15% crit you're gonna crit so much against high resi targets! \o/

Muffy
08-11-2007, 09:08 AM
and with 15% crit you're gonna crit so much against high resi targets! \o/

even with shit gear you can get 20% crit.

Drakedog's 20% crit is really 25-30 and his searing pain will crit 35-40%

Talents ofc.
________
RHODE ISLAND MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY (http://rhodeisland.dispensaries.org/)

Briggs
08-11-2007, 09:18 AM
and with those 20% crit you'll have about 10% against a S2 geared player.. and then the crit dmg is lowered aswell.. my locks soulfire got higher crits at lvl 49 than it gets now on high resi targets -.- if it even crits at all that is..

resi fun times! \o/
now i have to respec between pvp and pve.. ausumz! (don't have to, but i do it, cause destro r fun!)

Muffy
08-11-2007, 10:09 AM
whats your lollerlocks name?
________
Vapormatic vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org)

Briggs
08-11-2007, 10:11 AM
Wolla, the nab running around doing nothing productive.. why?

if you're gonna look him up on armory, don't look at my current spec! it's all wierd n stuff! i just missclicked once and then thought "wth, i might aswell fuck it all up now"

Muffy
08-11-2007, 11:04 AM
lmfao! nah i was pvping against a desto lock last night in eots. thought it might abeen you
________
Asianonstopcum (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/asianonstopcum/)

Briggs
08-11-2007, 11:37 AM
oh, noes.. i don't do eots, so couldn't be=P