View Full Version : hybrid build

isharon
16-05-2007, 11:57 PM
yes i'm a noob belfadin but i want to ask somethig to the paladins here who have been playing paladin for a long time.
atm i play a holy 42/19build and healing great.
I miss real pvp and not healing but doing damage in BG's
so i got the talent calculator and tried building a talentbuild with good healing but still nice damage (preferable BoK in it.) i can't seem to make a good hybrid build since i just don't know enough of the class so was wondering if someone with the experience wanted to help me with the build plz, would be very greatfull if you do
post build here plz
thx already for the ppl who want to help

ignore typos and spelling btw

Faylin
17-05-2007, 12:13 AM
I;m sorry to be an arse, but... if you want to do damage...and especially in PvP.. why play a paladin, especially if you have a mage..?

Valoran
17-05-2007, 01:48 AM
Retridins can do decent burst damage (hello pvp!), but that requires you to spec as far as crusader strike - killing off the hybrid thing.

41/20/0 seems to be the most popular PvP spec for any paladin at the moment, but dealing consistant, competitive damage just isn't really on the cards for any spec of paladin.

Sorry to say that "I miss real pvp and not healing but doing damage in BG's" annoys me a little, since "real pvp" by no means excludes healing.

Backupo
17-05-2007, 08:52 AM
The only hybrid build that really works for a paladin is a prot/holy mix, i don't mean healbotting, but i'd prefer a 31+ prot with some in holy than a ret spec.

Gpx
17-05-2007, 09:13 AM
agreed, paladins damage is rubbish.

play your mage.

Kinshara
17-05-2007, 09:54 AM
20/0/41 kinda-sorta works, in that you have decent ret talents as well as illumination and spiritual focus, but... the gear isn't there for good retribution play. Severe lack of stamina on the pvp ret gear compared to anything else, and no resilience last time I looked. Retridins may get better itemization in future, but I have no idea when that will be.

Patch 2.1 also changes vengeance to slightly favour sustained damage over burst, in that it stacks up to the maximum rather than being binary.

Bleetman
18-05-2007, 10:06 AM
40/0/21 is worth a try. The itemization from the pvp set is far better on the +dmg version (ie: this (http://www.wowhead.com/?itemset=587) one) for pvp, and you can stack some pretty decent dmg/heal and spell crit from it, coupled with sanctity aura and holy guidance.

Again, your damage will be pants compared to other dps classes, but that's to be expected. The advantage of this over retribution is that it's good for both hitting stuff and healing at the same time.

Utena
21-05-2007, 04:41 PM
Well who wants Kills anyway? Winning is so much greater & healing is desperately needed as far as I can see ;)

Bleetman
22-05-2007, 11:32 AM
Because being utterly incapable of defending yourself in pvp is frustrating beyond belief? Most pugs seem clueless as far as "protect the healer" goes.

isharon
22-05-2007, 11:04 PM
Because being utterly incapable of defending yourself in pvp is frustrating beyond belief? Most pugs seem clueless as far as "protect the healer" goes.
yes that is the reason i want to fight back when i pug because they don't know i'm a healer (heal there asses of tough) so they don't protect me
gonne look for a reck/holy build maybe not shure tough
and the reason i don't want to play on my mage is i love my pala and love pvp so why not combine?

Arjen
23-05-2007, 12:48 AM
I always went for a huge stack in Holy and the rest in prot - 49/12/0. But just built up hard on spell damage gear.
Get it high enough - say around 700-ish (that's what worked for me) and you can cause enough damage to put the fear of death into a lot of other players - and make a lot more at least be a lot less confident in attacking you.

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/talents/paladin/talents.html?0555302052013053135154020100000000000 00000000000000000000000000

It was something like that. I can't remember it properly but it was along those lines. I chopped and changed the odd thing as and when I felt like it but essentially, that was it. Worked for me.

Hammett
24-05-2007, 07:59 AM
Paladin
Healbot

See?

Arjen
24-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Paladin
Healbot

See?

Not with a good chunk of spell damage. A Holy pally with good spell damage can be troublesome to most players I've found...

Hmm or maybe that's just cos I'm badass.

Grimaldi
25-05-2007, 08:17 AM
Not with a good chunk of spell damage. A Holy pally with good spell damage can be troublesome to most players I've found...

Hmm or maybe that's just cos I'm badass.

Fatass more like :P

Arjen
25-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Fatass more like :P

And you're a git. >_>