View Full Version : SSE - A Pro Christian Forum.

Kabhanda
11-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Locking a thread because it mocks a religion?

Is there no room for the sane response to maggi of 'no, you should respect that we don't believe in your faerie tale'?

Or are we meant to never post comment relating to or of a religion at all ever incase some nutter gets offended that someone has an opinion thats not the same as their own? Its not like the thread was anti-jesus hate spam, it was comedy.

dantheman
11-05-2007, 05:26 PM
I hate Jesus

Über
11-05-2007, 05:27 PM
In that case, Jesus hates you too.

Oh, and..

http://courses.washington.edu/hypertxt/cgi-bin/12.228.185.206/html/contexts/jesushates.jpg

Nabun
11-05-2007, 05:33 PM
http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/8/8a/Raptor_Jesus_1.jpg

OH SHI-

Faylin
11-05-2007, 05:37 PM

Is there no room for the sane response to maggi of 'no, you should respect that we don't believe in your faerie tale'?

Or are we meant to never post comment relating to or of a religion at all ever incase some nutter gets offended that someone has an opinion thats not the same as their own? Its not like the thread was anti-jesus hate spam, it was comedy.

Couldn't have said it better.

Be christian all you like, but if you're not tolerant to people mocking it, then a public forum is not a place for you.

Oh and Jesus is not my mate.

Taurusos
11-05-2007, 05:43 PM
I thought you left?

GTFO.

/Tau

Kabhanda
11-05-2007, 05:47 PM
I still play my horde alt on shadowsong, so I have every right to post here!

Taurusos
11-05-2007, 05:59 PM
I still play my horde alt on shadowsong, so I have every right to post here!

!!!! my bad )))))))))) !!!!!

/love

/Tau

Backupo
11-05-2007, 06:06 PM
is happy fun tiem))) wif sum jesuses)))

Gwynin
11-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Waiting for someone to post a 'muhammed with a bomb' like image just with jesus, and the hell that surely will be risen becos of it

Im danish and we mock religion! (and get buildings burned down for it)

Kenny
11-05-2007, 07:06 PM
I hate Jesus

I hate him too.. I hate him too..

Hammett
11-05-2007, 07:06 PM
Imo people should post whatever they like, aslong as it's legal, ofcourse...

Arnold says hi

http://bsd.benquick.net/images/stfu.jpg

Moomonde
11-05-2007, 07:12 PM
who the fuck thought up religion? did God just put the thought into someone's mind or did someone figure out that there must be a greater being in need of worship through some out of mind experiences?

eh? put that in your pipe and smoke it

Orde
11-05-2007, 07:15 PM
:(

Magnus
11-05-2007, 07:15 PM

The real reason it got locked in the end is not because I asked for it, but because Orde was taking the piss and basically telling all Christians & religious people to sod off and the arguments in the SEE chat box, his posts got deleted on the thread until it finally got locked afaik.

Tífa
11-05-2007, 07:21 PM
if you beleive in your faith that much, some idiot "taking the piss" and saying shit like that, shouldn't bother you at all..... since your gunna be like proper sorted in heaven and we're all guna be fucked in hell.

or maybe you odn't beleive it that much?

Über
11-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Yeah, good idea! Let's question his faith!

._.

Tífa
11-05-2007, 07:25 PM
it seemed a sensible thing to do

he looked at me funny.... i swear

Kabhanda
11-05-2007, 08:03 PM
The real reason it got locked in the end is not because I asked for it, but because Orde was taking the piss and basically telling all Christians & religious people to sod off and the arguments in the SEE chat box, his posts got deleted on the thread until it finally got locked afaik.

Then the correct response would be to ban orde (again) and leave the thread active for sane people to use.

Ñightrain
11-05-2007, 09:36 PM
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/4985/sdfgaw4.jpg

Nabun
11-05-2007, 09:46 PM
http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/0/03/Raportorjesus.jpg

Raptor Jesus still pwns your fake Jesus.

Orde
11-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Raptor Jesus kills the blind!

Gumdrops
12-05-2007, 01:02 AM
Then the correct response would be to ban orde (again) and leave the thread active for sane people to use.

For your information his infraction has put his ban points to 5, when he gets to 6 it'll be a 30 day ban. With his current behaviour I doubt it'll take very long for him to gain that final point and be gone for a month. He has been sent a PM by myself, Talsin and Elexin on several occasions with warnings and infractions and tbh we're getting sick of him too. So basically he's on a final warning per se before he goes on a holiday. *ever so subtle hints directed at Orde to behave*

And the thread was locked because of Orde's comments, not because of religion.

Taurusos
12-05-2007, 02:35 AM
Random text

Gumdrops
12-05-2007, 03:04 AM
What?

Turiel
12-05-2007, 06:12 AM
Ah religion, always a fun topic.

We're not pro-anything.

With such a controversial topic though, one of far more real life importance than hair style discussions, you can really offend some people.

So personally I think the pictures are funny, but obviously there are some who don't and a religion is quite personal to a lot of people, and pretty much the same thing about personal insulting applies here.

So I think if you want to start a proper discussion on why a particular religion or all religion is good/bad/whatever then thats fine. Those that do not wish to participate in a debate about their religion should just stay away from the thread.

Now, regarding the specific pictures that were posted. The 'Christianity' picture with the text below it ARE the Christian beliefs. So... they're not lying. They're not making something "bad" up about the religion. Then the flow chart, again... that IS how religious beliefs work after all. Its the difference between science and faith. So, the diagram is correct. Its not mocking. Maybe the thread title should be labelled with "(may be offensive to religious people)", but thats about it. Some pictures cross the line, I don't think those were it.

So I guess start a topic with valid points in off-topic if you really want to debate it. The key thing to remember is to not insult a religion. You can explain why you think a particular belief is incorrect, but don't say things like "christians/muslims/jedis are dumb cause they believe in x".

Also, lol at the "BRB" picture. Come on, nobody can find that offensive, right? :)

TroldePus
12-05-2007, 08:53 AM
Wasnt my intention to "insult" anyone with the picture I posted - sorry if I did.

But imo if your beliefs are strong enough, you should really be above random interweblolroflpictures.

Orde
12-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Wasnt my intention to "insult" anyone with the picture I posted - sorry if I did.

But imo if your beliefs are strong enough, you should really be above random interweblolroflpictures.

http://www.ShadowsongEurope.com/forum/imagehosting/2004045de0e951496f.jpg

Senex
12-05-2007, 01:27 PM
My faith is strong, my beliefs are secure, and my mind is always open for new ideas: I am always happy to debate the finer points of world religions with atheists and theists alike.

However, I can still be offended by belligerent stupidity - regardless of which side exhibits it. Comments like "I FUCKED UR JESUS, HO HO HO" and "YOUR ALL FAGZ AND WILL BURN IN HELL CUZ TEH BIBLE SAYS SO" are equally loathsome to my sensibilities. It is not the lack of belief that I find offensive, but the lack of basic civility and intelligence.

Exting
12-05-2007, 02:23 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/Stu-Kid/dramadevil.jpg

Ogg
12-05-2007, 06:06 PM
The problem is that none of us here really want to debate religion vs. science, because we all know those arguments are lamer than Nintendo versus Playstation debates (NITENDO R KREATIFE, LOL FANBOI, etc.).

In the end it just ends up with random personal insulting, leading to a lock anyway.

Try making a "ITT: We discuss religion vs. science" thread. I'd be surprised if it gets past page 1, because there's no immidiate individual target in the thread that we can bash.

pegastud
13-05-2007, 12:42 AM
http://home.comcast.net/~jimsondergeld/Hitler_Uber_Allah.jpg

So we can post pics about religion? :)

Hitler, by far the most religeous historical figure, would have loved to be blessed by God

Thrane
13-05-2007, 01:22 AM

Hitler, by far the most religeous historical figure, would have loved to be blessed by God

Considering they wore "God mitt uns" on their belt buckle I'd say he already thought he was.

Hammett
13-05-2007, 01:37 AM
For your information his infraction has put his ban points to 5, when he gets to 6 it'll be a 30 day ban. With his current behaviour I doubt it'll take very long for him to gain that final point and be gone for a month. He has been sent a PM by myself, Talsin and Elexin on several occasions with warnings and infractions and tbh we're getting sick of him too. So basically he's on a final warning per se before he goes on a holiday. *ever so subtle hints directed at Orde to behave*

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR :P

Kenny
13-05-2007, 01:48 AM

Have my babies.

Arjen
13-05-2007, 07:58 PM

In the immortal words of Homer Simpson "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

Hammett
13-05-2007, 09:29 PM
lol

Stim
14-05-2007, 09:34 PM
/careface

Turiel
15-05-2007, 09:36 AM
Locking, my 'official' response is on page 2 or 3.