View Full Version : Hunter Macros?

Eidriaen
07-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Hai!

I've started lvling my hunter, after being stored away for about a year

And found out, that hunter must be the reason why they made macros :P

I tried looking in the offical forums, and googling it but didnt find what I was looking for...

What I want is this:

Cast distracting shot
Turn pet autocast taunt spell off

and

Cast Disengage
Turn pet autocast taunt spell on

Anyone a real wiz with these things? :P

While you're at it, mind explaining how /script works? I tried to comprehend, but failed miserably... So explain as you would a child ;)

Cheers

Timothy
08-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Hmm ... something along the lines of:

/cast Distracting Shot
/petautocastoff Growl

and

/cast Disengage
/petautocaston Growl

might work perhaps.

Đightrain
10-05-2007, 11:40 PM
lol... put pet on aggressive... paint pet red... paint self red... right click target... done... what do you need macros for?

Eidriaen
12-05-2007, 05:55 AM
Hmm ... something along the lines of:

/cast Distracting Shot
/petautocastoff Growl

and

/cast Disengage
/petautocaston Growl

might work perhaps.

This worked thx! Also got cower in the macro aswell

/cast distracting shot
/petautocastoff Growl
/petautocaston cower

for my -threat spell I used pet attack also, in case the pet was attacking something else
/cast disengage
/petattack
/petautocaston growl
/petautocastoff cower

also have two macros where I cast hunter's mark + pet attack(one with cower on, growl off and vice versa - good for instances)

bandytas
12-05-2007, 04:34 PM
lol... put pet on aggressive... paint pet red... paint self red... right click target... done... what do you need macros for?

I lold. Don't be so angry on the BM hunters :P

Jurgan
12-05-2007, 04:50 PM
kek. But myself I dont much in the way of macros.

Lionhunter
13-05-2007, 12:37 AM
my personal favorite is my scatter shot macro for using with trapping

#Showtooltip Scatter Shot
/focus [button:2]
/stopmacro [button:2]
/cast [modifier:ctrl] Scatter Shot
/stopmacro [modifier:ctrl]
/cast [target=focus] Scatter Shot;Scatter Shot

Hammett
13-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Macros are for casuals. L2P.

Timothy
13-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Funny ... I've never had a pet with cower.
It's not like they have much of a chance to gain aggro without Growl anyway :P

Eidriaen
14-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Well, if you have it tanking with growl, and suddenly decide to want the aggro instead, cower can be nice

Found it good for when pet health is low, and I dont want to use mend pet, just place a fire trap and use my "gain aggro" macro for instance

Vegelus
14-05-2007, 07:38 PM
With 2.1 You will want to use mend pet: faster, cheaper, better. It will even wash for You, maybe.

And when I want to take aggro from pet I just turn growl off. It works fast :P.

On the other hand I remember when 2.0.1 went live. Friends specced BM and went to BwL. OFC growl off and noob pallies forgot to BoS pet. He told that it was funny to see pet chasing tank with threat on boss fight :P.

Timothy
15-05-2007, 08:38 AM
A windserpent can get pretty high up on the threat list just with lightning breath, go for the throat and some nice crits. :P
But thats why he isnt even in meele range most of the time (what with all the nasty cleaving and stuff).

Really looking forward to the new mend pet.

Timothy
27-05-2007, 11:46 PM
Ok my turn to ask for macro help.
I'm looking for a way to make the execution of /cast Lightning Breath optional.
I want it only cast if my target is targeting something i.e. I want to avoid my pet chasing
of to lightning breath on some random add I might have tab targeted by mistake.
Especially annoying since once given I can't seem to be able to cancel the command.

Timothy
28-05-2007, 12:17 AM
Nevermind figured it out myself :P

Shadewalk
03-06-2007, 09:55 PM
could anyone tell me how to make a macro to prevent the casting of misdirection if the target already has it. The idea is for simplistic chaining of MD by hunters, essencially so each hunter can use it one after the other without being able to overright the others.

thinking it would work something like

if (target has Misdirection buff){
do nothing}
else{cast Misdirection}

Valoran
06-06-2007, 09:04 AM
Macros can no longer detect if a player or target has a buff active (or not). You would need an addon to do that, and it wouldn't work in combat.

One solution, though, would be to use debuff filter (http://www-en.curse-gaming.com/downloads/details/3574/) to make it pretty obvious if your target was misdirected. Or use bigbrother (http://files.wowace.com/BigBrother/BigBrother.zip), which will post a message in your chatframe when someone casts MD on anyone in the raid (it also does a lot of other things, so might be more than you're after).

Lionhunter
10-06-2007, 05:22 AM
OR, just talk to your fellow classmates? That's what we do when multiple hunters together in raid. And it works pretty good :)