View Full Version : Shaman Spec Poll

Carc
01-05-2007, 09:31 AM
Simple :)
What spec are you and why? If you have a mixed spec, count the talent tree with the most amount of points in it as your main spec.

Carc
01-05-2007, 09:44 AM
I'm elemental because I mainly play solo pve / 5 man pve and like the play style that ranged dps and burst damage gives me.

Gwynin
01-05-2007, 01:14 PM
Dont have a shaman, so cant give an answer.

But isnt the enchancement ones also know as kamikaze? (eg aggro magnets)

Gyundor
01-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Enhancement ftw wouldnt want to be any other spec

Muh
01-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Heh I was even enhancement back in the days that it wasn't so popular.. The days when stormstrike still had 30 seconds cooldown.. I've grown attached to it ^^

Gwynin
01-05-2007, 02:33 PM
btw you should have added a 'Im just here to see the results' options :P

Hammett
01-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Restoration. Cause it fucking pwns everything else.

Legendfierce
02-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Ench amazing pve spec, And the only dps role spec that gives group buffs (not totems).

Really enjoy elemental aswell tho but unfortunatly i enjoy ench that little bit more!

Carc
02-05-2007, 11:36 AM
I had no idea enhanced was so popular. How gear dependant is it though? Could I for example, pick up a load of 60+ greens from AH to give me a feel for the class to do a test respec? Or would I only be impressed if I got some 5 man blues?

Like most others, I haven't been collecting both sets of armour as I've been levelling, my own fault really :)

Abberare
02-05-2007, 12:16 PM
I had no idea enhanced was so popular. How gear dependant is it though? Could I for example, pick up a load of 60+ greens from AH to give me a feel for the class to do a test respec? Or would I only be impressed if I got some 5 man blues?

Like most others, I haven't been collecting both sets of armour as I've been levelling, my own fault really :)

My alt shaman is kitted out in only green quest rewards (Got something like 900 AP and 20% crit) and stuff dies ridiculously fast when soloing. Definitely worth a go I'd say ;)

TroldePus
02-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Forced enhancement by the evil guild !

Muh
02-05-2007, 01:26 PM
Forced enhancement by the evil guild !
I bet you're loving every minute of it ^_^

Kabhanda
02-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Except hes shit at it :(

TroldePus
02-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Except hes shit at it :(

Why do you always have to talk about shit ?

Hephaestos
02-05-2007, 11:15 PM
He diggs it.

Grunger
03-05-2007, 03:33 PM
I voted Resto. Dunno why. :)
________
Yamaha XC125 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_XC125)

Ogrosh
04-05-2007, 01:26 PM
I'm elemental spec still, hold my own very well on damage metres and can heal in emergency situations, such as both our healers being gibbed on Shade at about 15% the other day, I managed to just start healing and kept the rest of the guys up. I am a bit worried about sustainabilty after 2.1 though, so may give dual wield a go finally as I have been collecting bits here and there, we shall see.

Celadia
22-05-2007, 10:22 AM
Im enhancment for now changing to Resto ... not so much pew pew but alot of arms in the air!

Carc
22-05-2007, 11:16 AM
I respecced the other night to enhanced from elemental...I was quite impressed

The dps was nice and steady (lower than elemental but that was purely down to kit) and I enjoyed it. I must say though that dual wield is my preffered method much more constant dps - those 2H'ers seem to take an age to hit.
However - it is very kit dependant and I severely nerfed my dps in groups, so until I can pick up some better kit I'm going to stick to elemental then try enhanced again at a later date. Recent info from
http://wow.stratics.com/content/features/HoC/logs/0001.php
looks quite promising:

"Brannoc: *Jazzelle986* Some Points were brought up about tuning shamans in upcoming patches, but very little specifics were given...is there anything that can be elaborated on at all?

Kalgan: We do plan to do some more refinement of the shaman class in an upcoming patch. That being said, we're starting to settle in on a pretty good spot for elemental and resto specs. By and large it's the enhancement spec that we'd like to see become more than "just" a leveling spec (same can be said for the paladin retribution spec)

Kalgan: That being said, I don't have any specifics to give right now."

Muh
22-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Yeah, they should better change something now that we're not as awesome as dps anymore with that wf nerf.

Taurusos
22-05-2007, 04:35 PM
You are a hybrid, you shouldnt come close to pure dps classes tbh. As much as it hurts me, neither should a dps warrior.

/Tau

Muh
22-05-2007, 05:27 PM
You are a hybrid, you shouldnt come close to pure dps classes tbh. As much as it hurts me, neither should a dps warrior.

/Tau

True that
But we should atleast be worth to be taken somewhere.

on that topic:
<Brannoc> *Shanaya* What is the developer vision on the subject of "pure" and "hybrid" classes? Are pure classes supposed to be better than hybrids in their specialized role? Tanking for a warrior, healing for a priest, magical dps for amage, physical dps for a rogue.
<Kalgan> Generally speaking we want "pure" classes to perform better in their primary roles, with hybrids coming close, but providing additional group utility to offset their reduced primary role power.
<Kalgan> Some restrictions apply, your mileage may vary.

Gyundor
22-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Even after the WF fix dps will be fine :P

Hammett
22-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Not as awesomely overpowered, ymean :P

Gyundor
22-05-2007, 08:54 PM
It will be less but it will still be fine

Muh
23-05-2007, 10:08 AM
What I wondered was, if having wf on your offhand will be a bad choice.
Since if you proc a wf on OH, you won't proc one on your MH for 3 secs and because it scales with AP you'll lose out on dmg, right?

Kabhanda
23-05-2007, 12:03 PM
The vast majority of WF 'cooldowns' go unused with only a MH enchant. 20% proc with a >2 speed weapon (any mainhand with flurry up should be still be over 2) would mean with even spacing you get 6 procs per minute, leaving 14 empty cooldowns (ofc it never spreads this well, but whatever).

Using an OH WF will cause more damage than blank/ft by using up these slots, even if it means a small decrease in MH procs. Clearly the slower the OH the less chance of it 'taking' procs from the MH, but even with a fast (1.5 or less) OH then WF is better than FT at any reasonable gear level and destroys it in raid buffed play.

Muh
23-05-2007, 06:37 PM
That makes sence
thanks

Hammett
24-05-2007, 07:01 AM
I was trying out WF5/RB9 With a 2.70 Speed and a 1,50 speed. (HW Cleaver Gladiator Bonecracker) and it's surprisingly good. My white offhand crits are really high compared to my double WF combo. My flurry is constantly up, while i throw out constant WF attacks off my main hand. But i really haven't tried out double WF5, so.

Ogrosh
25-05-2007, 11:51 AM
The elemental focus nerf is pretty brutal, found myself running oom very easily yesterday even when chain chugging pots, seems the only way to sustain any long term DPS now as Ele spec would be with a Shadow priest it seems, which I don't always have the luxury of having.

So I have decided to go back to resto for the time being. :(

Hammett
25-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Awww /soothe Ogrosh :(

Carc
25-05-2007, 02:33 PM
So I have decided to go back to resto for the time being. :(

Lol, I bet you can still out dps me! I want a duel :)

Ogrosh
29-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Lol, I bet you can still out dps me! I want a duel :)

Probably :p

Anytime :)

Harr
30-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Blizzard took away the fun being enhancement shaman in raids. I'm always at the bottom of dps list now.

16 in resto for my melee group / raid benefits too so not maxed dps with shocks. didn't make much difference thought before patch, gave max 100 more dps (edit: when have extra points in elemental).

And mind you I'm not uberly undergeared towards other dps classes. 1346 AP and 23.36% crit chance (with druid buff only) currently. The Decapitator in MH and Gladiator's Hacker in offhand. So not shit weapons either. (Even with mostly blues geared other dps classes goes past me.) Only reason ever I would get into raids is that I give huge dps boost to my melee dps group. (say hello to windfury totem, 112 str totem and +10% AP on crit hit for 10 secs)

./rasp @ Blizzard.

Kinshara
30-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Only reason ever I would get into raids is that I give huge dps boost to my melee dps group. (say hello to windfury totem, 112 str totem and +10% AP on crit hit for 10 secs)

I'm guessing that was the original intent of TBC's new enhancement talents. If the combination of your dps and the increase in the other 4 party members is greater than what you would get by just bringing another pure dpser, then you should have a spot.

Elemental is a bit shakier right now, partly due to running out of mana after the last change (so you might increase the dps of others, but your own doesn't hold up over time).

Gyundor
30-05-2007, 07:48 PM
Blizzard took away the fun being enhancement shaman in raids. I'm always at the bottom of dps list now.

16 in resto for my melee group / raid benefits too so not maxed dps with shocks. didn't make much difference thought before patch, gave max 100 more dps (edit: when have extra points in elemental).

And mind you I'm not uberly undergeared towards other dps classes. 1346 AP and 23.36% crit chance (with druid buff only) currently. The Decapitator in MH and Gladiator's Hacker in offhand. So not shit weapons either. (Even with mostly blues geared other dps classes goes past me.) Only reason ever I would get into raids is that I give huge dps boost to my melee dps group. (say hello to windfury totem, 112 str totem and +10% AP on crit hit for 10 secs)

./rasp @ Blizzard.

Yes we are totally reduced to the lvl of a buffbot... but Im still pretty decent on the dmg part and Ive always been 0/45/16 even before the patch

Valoran
31-05-2007, 01:38 AM
Being able to pump out top dps and bring such a large buff to your party is just flat out wrong. If enhancement shaman could do that, they'd be shadow priests mark II.

Kabhanda
31-05-2007, 05:36 AM
Enhance damage is fine, and as gear gets better so does enhance due to its comically overdone scalling. Yes, any 'real' melee class will outdps you now with same skill and gear level, but thats how it always should have been. Its now in a very good spot where my dps < even geared rouge, but a me + 2 rouge + warrior + feral group wil destroy a 3 rouge + warrior + feral group in damage done.

And harr, get a slower offhand (2.2 is about as fast as you can go post 2.1 without crippling your dps) get more proper gems and enchants (way too many cheapo ones on there) and your damage levels would increase a decent amount. As far as the offhand goes you will actually do better with a level 65 green that is 2.6 speed than the fast arena offhand (yay for completely broken mechanics).

Legendfierce
31-05-2007, 10:35 AM
And harr, get a slower offhand (2.2 is about as fast as you can go post 2.1 without crippling your dps) get more proper gems and enchants (way too many cheapo ones on there) and your damage levels would increase a decent amount. As far as the offhand goes you will actually do better with a level 65 green that is 2.6 speed than the fast arena offhand (yay for completely broken mechanics).

That all depends on what your using your OH for i always use my arena OH for pvp as i use it for the fast proc's of FB/FT but yes a slow OH will indeed boost your dmg obviosly...

Ogrosh
31-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Elemental is a bit shakier right now, partly due to running out of mana after the last change (so you might increase the dps of others, but your own doesn't hold up over time).

Tell me about it :(

Shampion
10-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Using 2x 2.60 spd weapons, Fool's Bane and Netherbane, its quite the improvement from the fast offhand i had before that Netherbane

Theleb
10-09-2007, 11:08 AM
My lil Alt was Enhancement (ofc its still levelling) but I specced resto for a couple of instances and thoroughly enjoyed it.....and i feel dirty even saying that!!

Kathra
12-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Just a quick thread hi-jack.

What the fuck is the deal with people calling you "Enchantment" shammies?

I wouldn't be worried, but I see it every single day, is Enchantment a popular talent that is the foundation for a decent shammie spec or something?

Seriously..

ENHANCEMENT

EN HANCE MENT

miganto
12-09-2007, 08:54 PM
It's just people being crap at spelling i think. Like my main char was called Tauton, and 90% of people call me Taunton and believe thats my name.

Enhanc is nearly the same as Enchan, and they've seen that part of a word so much, they go along with it i guess, then others just think it's the 'in' name atm, so start to say it too. *shrug*

Anywho, my ickle 23 shammy is enhancement, but i'm thinking of speccing resto at 70.

XeD
14-09-2007, 10:13 AM
i still go elemental when i have to do solo stuff.. just for old times sake and i feel im too vulnerable when i'm in ENHANCEMENT gear (even tho its mainly epic). i dont like the survivability and mana-management .. elemental with decent gear is still kickass for soloing and even for raiding it can prove worthy

for raiding i've been resto scine Cthun and i like it :)

AngelSakura
14-09-2007, 12:50 PM
Ench/Reso atm.
Like it, won't respec untill I'm 70.
then I'll see what the guild likes more.
since we got enough healers I don't think I'll be full resto.
________
Rhode island marijuana dispensaries (http://rhodeisland.dispensaries.org/)

MortZ
15-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Well im Resto myself and i quite enjoy it making me viable for Arenas and Raids although grinding\soloing is abit of a pain nowadays :P

Über
15-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Just a quick thread hi-jack.

I wouldn't be worried, but I see it every single day, is Enchantment a popular talent that is the foundation for a decent shammie spec or something?

Seriously..

ENHANCEMENT

EN HANCE MENT

Aye, I've been wondering about the same thing since the release of wow. I guess it's just too difficult a word for most people to fully comprehend. :P

Mischief
20-11-2007, 03:53 PM
People are thick. Crushingly so.

I always harboured a desire to have an Elemental Shaman after watching old skool PVP videos of TOEP/ZHC buffed chain lightning dropping three people at once but once I played a shammie, I found myself OOM the whole time and I eventually deleted him.

I'm now leveling another shammie and love it. My choice of enhancement was driven more by the play style that's emerged. This time around, I'm doing a lot more melee and only really using shocks for the side effects (although I do use Flame Shock for DPS on tougher mobs) and lightning bolts for pulls. I rarely drop totems except Stoneclaw when I double pull.

I'd like to try elemental at some point in the future but don't think it'd be fun for me until I'd invested a lot of time in gearing up so it may never happen. Resto doesn't appeal at all; I've leveled two priests and really wouldn't care if I never cast another heal again in my life.

Miniloth
09-12-2007, 10:47 PM
My alt is enhancement, because I already have a raiding holy pally and wanted to actually see some damage on a mob when i hit it.

Its going quite well still a few bits to fix but, 130 hit rating, can max at 2300ap full 10 man raid buff and trinket, 2.6 mh and 2.2 oh, and last night my Karazhan dps was 540 which I supose is not too bad for an alt.

What I do find though is that I climb the aggro ladder very fast, any ideas on how to slow this down , barring a BOS from a pally?

Raels
10-12-2007, 01:01 AM
Not really, I'm regually agro capped in raids depending on the totem twisting cycle I use at the time (WF+GoA vs WF+TA). It's rather unforutnally just one of those side effects, but tbh I'm agro capping at about 850dps with BoS, as much as I hait to make over sarcastic comments it seems you might actually need a better tps tank.

Miniloth
10-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Maybe, it was a Pally tank that was still gearing, this might have been why I was climbing pretty fast, I'll try it with a druid and a warrior and see how that helps.

Mischief
12-12-2007, 08:30 AM
I'm approaching Outlands and I plan to respec from Enhancement to Elemental for leveling when I get there. The build I'm planning is PVP focussed.

Click Me! (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=hiczycMoVsxZxf0x0xo)

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Hephaestos
13-12-2007, 01:44 AM
With elemental you cant kill nature based mobs, FAIL! :P

Thrane
13-12-2007, 10:39 AM
With elemental you cant kill nature based mobs, FAIL! :P

BAM! FROST SHOOOOOCK!!!