View Full Version : Deep Wounds

Bunneh
16-04-2007, 09:51 AM
I've never been the type of WoW player to actually study the mechanics of the game, but I must admit I found myself interested in the Deep Wounds talent.

This is my current build:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=pVMcdAioM0zbZVVzV0xo

When Deep Wounds procs from a critical strike it puts a physical damage DoT on the target. Examples:

level 64 Antilope in Nagrand - Deep Wounds procs, ticks for 145 per second
level 64 Antilope in Nagrand - Deep Wounds procs, ticks for 91 per second

Why is the damage less on exactly the same type of mob? Is it because the critical strike that initiates the Deep Wounds talent is smaller meaning a smaller DoT? I have Battle Shout running all the time.

Jumping topic;

I'm happy with my current build, and I'm contemplating putting 2/2 in Imp. Slam. I use a two hander 90% of the time and use two axes just to keep my axe skill up for when/if I respec to protection. Is Imp.Slam a decent talent? I always found the cast time to be annoying, but if I'm not in direct melee, ie, taking hits, I'm thinking it may be worth while.

Anyway thanks for reading and any input would be appreciated.

Kzuhl
16-04-2007, 12:47 PM
I guess you got enrage up on one but not on the other. There's nothing magical about the way it works anyway, it's based off the damage range displayed in your character pane.

Personally I wouldn't take imp. Slam, since there's a lot of other very good talents, and I barely use Slam at all, but that might just be me. It could be okay in pvp when your target is moving a lot and there's just no way you can finish the 1.5 seconds cast. But in PvE, solo or raiding (assuming you get to dps), there's no real point because even with a 0.5 sec cast you still can't spam it because of 1.5 seconds Global Cooldown.

Bunneh
16-04-2007, 02:40 PM
Ah yes, Enrage, didn't take that into account. Thanks for that :)

Okies, Imp.Slam will get avoided. Next 3 go into Stances in protection. Last two, not sure, will have to have a fettle.

Thanks again :)

Flawless
16-04-2007, 03:01 PM
Imp slam isn't worth it as far as im concerned, I tend to find people either love it, or hate it, GCD is the thing that makes its points spent better elsewhere

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LV0xbAio0czbZVVzV0xo

is what I would go for now at level 65, Anything in the last 2 tiers of arms are not worth it now that death wish is readily available, added witht he rage generation changes, its pretty much cookie cutter

Utena
16-04-2007, 06:31 PM
I loved Imp slam myself, although more for putting up crazy Vael damage pre TBC.

Stim
17-04-2007, 11:00 AM
I killed far too many warlocks with Deep Wounds...

Chopper
17-04-2007, 12:06 PM
Conversely, I've been killed far too many times by the DoTs from a dead warlock whilst waiting an eternity to get out of combat so I can just eat.

"So you managed to position yourself within 30 yards of me and spam your fire-and-forget-Death-by-DoTs castsequence macro? Well fucking played."

Rey
17-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Killing ppl with deep wounds is <3
Now make it stackable!! (and blood craze too)

tin
17-04-2007, 12:27 PM
mangle wins for deep wounds dps... and YOU have to live with that... LOSERS!

*click* (http://lolemodruid.ytmnd.com/)

-Tin

Stim
17-04-2007, 03:02 PM
/shoo treethingie

Jarelan
18-04-2007, 07:30 PM
It's funny watching ppl run off with very little health after killing u and u know theres a deep wounds on them...then they just keel over. don't think u get a the honor for them though unless u res and run back fast.