View Full Version : Fury and hitrating.

Iyachtu
15-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Ive got 10.04 % chance to hit with my current hitrating gear +3% from talents , so in total like 13% chance to hit.
But as im upgrading my gear through heroics and raiding i loose abit of hitrating here and there, and was wondering if i should try and get more hitrating, or just try and keep around 10%.

Tell me what u think ^^

Iyachtu
15-04-2007, 04:57 PM
posting in wrong forum ftw.. any mod who could move this to warrior forums ? :P

thurlog
15-04-2007, 06:34 PM
hit > crit > ap

Zidal
15-04-2007, 08:54 PM
hit > crit > ap

ap > crit for fury spec, at least if you have decent gear.

AnteroVipune
15-04-2007, 09:15 PM
Spirit > all

Gyundor
15-04-2007, 09:16 PM
I reckon you should always try to maintain as much +hit as possible without sacrifising

Chopper
15-04-2007, 09:42 PM
1000AP, 100% parry

nubs.

Slicer
15-04-2007, 10:01 PM
Omg I have 100% parry!

Nerf this buff.

Gwynin
16-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Without knowning anything about the mechanics behind it all, I'd say that around 190-200 hitrating should make you hit everything at your lvl (and a few above)... But maybe some expert like lilska would be better to ask, or someone else who is a number grinder :D

http://armory.wow-europe.com/?#character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowsong&n=Gwynin

Iyachtu
16-04-2007, 11:18 AM
Problem is if i went for that much hitrating id gimp other stats like Crit, AP, and lots of it.
My dps atm is fine, reason for posting was just to get some input on wether if 10-13% chance to hit is fine or if i should go for more.

Thrane
16-04-2007, 12:43 PM
Problem is if i went for that much hitrating id gimp other stats like Crit, AP, and lots of it.
My dps atm is fine, reason for posting was just to get some input on wether if 10-13% chance to hit is fine or if i should go for more.

10-13 ish is fine. Once you get around that number hit starts losing it's value a bit (course next patch that'll change a tad due to the glancing blow change but even then.)
You still need a healthy amount of crit and AP as well so no need to gimp those stats.

Tsarina
16-04-2007, 12:54 PM
hit > crit > ap
This is true if you reached 70 5 minutes ago. The better gear you get, the more this is turned around. Except crit/hit. Obviously you'll never have, or want, more +hit than crit. I have (when DPS specced) around 13% hit and 27% crit. Do you mean it should be the other way around? You want more crit than hit.
However, I do tend to focus more on +hit items since crit is generally easier to get. If that's what you mean, I agree. But first on the list, at least after some "minimums" have been reached, is AP. For each point you get in crit and hit, you benefit less from it. While AP, on the other hand, scales linear.
(When I joined horde, you could see most of the warriors run around with 15agi on their 2H and pretty much agi enchants all over and not understand why their damage sucked. After all, the crit chance was like omg uber!)

As for the question: I don't know. I'm not a number cruncher. You don't really need to be either. I have 13% hit and that's fine. I have this idea that 15% is optimal (obviously 25% is optimal, but you know what I mean :p), so that's my aim if I can do that without a noticeable reduction of crit/AP.

EDIT: Didn't see Thrane's post, or I wouldn't have bothered.

Iyachtu
17-04-2007, 07:11 AM
Alright cool, thanks for the replies ;)

xexa
18-04-2007, 12:37 PM
We are considering DW right?

Just remember the miss rate in white damage its not equal to the yellow.

So it will depend on the type of fight (against a high lvl boss, same level mobs or pvp). Check your damage meters for the percentage of white damage. AP/crit will increase yellow damage as much as white damage, u cant say the same for hit.

with 3% hit talent, 10% in gear will be more then enough imo.

As AP scales progressivly your damage, crit has a higher progression to a certain level of crit/hit and then goes to a lower progression (in desfavour u get things like higher levels, oponent resilience,...; in favor bonuses u get from crits and talents like flurry and rampage turn on, impale and deep wounds). Hit has the lowest damage progression of the 3, getting almoust indiferent behiond a certain level.

So "hit > crit > ap" is a nonsense, if u just got to lvl 70 and if u are already nicely equiped.

Tsarina
17-07-2007, 10:45 AM
As AP scales progressivly your damage, crit has a higher progression to a certain level of crit/hit and then goes to a lower progression (in desfavour u get things like higher levels, oponent resilience,...; in favor bonuses u get from crits and talents like flurry and rampage turn on, impale and deep wounds). Hit has the lowest damage progression of the 3, getting almoust indiferent behiond a certain level.

While this is true, crit and AP can be buffed by extreme amounts. Unbuffed, sitting on a chair pondering life and it's mysteries in battlestance, I have 1630 AP and 27% crit.
While raiding, AP/crit is as good as never lower than 3K/35% (4,5K/45% is not rare at all).

Personal update on +hit issue: I now have 18% hit (counting Precision) and I have higher DPS than ever. Sure, my unbuffed stats suffered a tad, but I'm happy with the change.

Iyachtu
19-07-2007, 05:50 AM
Im sitting at 17% with talents atm, pretty satisfied with it.
A few select upgrades in the right places to get abit more hit without loosing too much AP / Crit and the happy-in-pants-while-dps'ing, only gets better.

Zarcon
12-09-2007, 11:46 AM
this is a decent post on the subject.
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=286849843&sid=1