View Full Version : Blissard's crushing blow hit you for ... damage.

Stim
13-04-2007, 07:49 AM
You better see it coming:
Warriors

"Charge", "Intercept" and "Intervene" now suppress all Slowing effects while charging the target.

"Commanding Shout": This ability now increases your max health, but keeps your percentage health constant.

"Death Wish" and "Enrage" effects no longer stack.

"Execute": When used with "Sweeping Strikes", ranks 6 and 7 of this ability will no longer cause full damage to secondary targets who are not wounded.

"Heroic Strike": The rank 10 tooltip now includes specific values for the bonus damage against dazed targets.

"Improved Revenge": Reduced the delay on the stun landing from a successful "Revenge".

"Insignia of the Alliance/Horde" and "Medallion of the Alliance/Horde" now removes "Immobilizing", "Stun" and "Polymorph" effects and no longer remove "Slowing" effects.

"Revenge": This ability has been modified to do substantially more damage. The threat bonuses have been adjusted so that the threat generated remains relatively unchanged.

"Shield Slam": Rank 3 of this ability no longer gets its cost reduced twice by the "Focused Rage" talent (Protection).

"Spell Reflection" no longer has a global cooldown.

"Victory Rush": The tooltip has been adjusted to calculate the damage it deals correctly, 45% of Attack Power, not 35%.

"Flurry" (Fury) now increases attack speed by 5/10/15/20/25%, reduced from 10/15/20/25/30.
From http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=94203802&sid=1

Decebalus
13-04-2007, 09:49 AM
you forgot to mention the change to Lifegiving Gem... :D
it won't heal anymore... :(

on the bright side i can now spam Spell Reflect... oh, wait...

also we get an increase in dps... from Revenge...

Rey
13-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Fantastic! Next is prolly ms not usable while enraged.

Stim
13-04-2007, 11:13 AM
Tis what you get for being too vocal about it :(
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6563/lolzcx3.gif

Chopper
13-04-2007, 11:20 AM
Warriors

"Charge", "Intercept" and "Intervene" now suppress all Slowing effects while charging the target.
Fix for the "Intercept Bug."

"Commanding Shout": This ability now increases your max health, but keeps your percentage health constant.
Fix to stop self/party-healing with "Commanding Shout spam".

"Death Wish" and "Enrage" effects no longer stack.
Nerfed for 30s every 3 minutes. I tend to use Death Wish as a non-stance-dependent fear breaker as much as a damage boost. The Enrage/DW stacking was nice, but I can live without it. I still see big numbers when Death Wish isn't active.

"Execute": When used with "Sweeping Strikes", ranks 6 and 7 of this ability will no longer cause full damage to secondary targets who are not wounded.
Fix to prevent disproportionate collateral damage.

"Heroic Strike": The rank 10 tooltip now includes specific values for the bonus damage against dazed targets.
Fix for clarity.

"Improved Revenge": Reduced the delay on the stun landing from a successful "Revenge".
Fix/Buff.

"Insignia of the Alliance/Horde" and "Medallion of the Alliance/Horde" now removes "Immobilizing", "Stun" and "Polymorph" effects and no longer remove "Slowing" effects.
Partial Buff, Partial Nerf. My experience of slowing effects is that they get almost-instantly reapplied by any opponent with a half a clue, e.g. spamstring, frostbolts etc. The classes that will gain an advantage from our inability to remove slowing effects are already kiting us to death. "Hai, I'm the BM huntard with Entrapment and Clever Traps. You're still fucked. lolz."

"Revenge": This ability has been modified to do substantially more damage. The threat bonuses have been adjusted so that the threat generated remains relatively unchanged.
Buff. I PvPed for a while with as arms/prot with Improved Revenge, this could be a nice buff for that build.

"Shield Slam": Rank 3 of this ability no longer gets its cost reduced twice by the "Focused Rage" talent (Protection).
Fix.

"Spell Reflection" no longer has a global cooldown.
Buff to improve usability.

"Victory Rush": The tooltip has been adjusted to calculate the damage it deals correctly, 45% of Attack Power, not 35%.
Fix for clarity.

"Flurry" (Fury) now increases attack speed by 5/10/15/20/25%, reduced from 10/15/20/25/30.
Big, fat, fucking Nerf.

Only thing I'm unhappy about in here is the Flurry change, but the rest is mostly fixes and buffs (albeit minor) and doesn't seem so bad.

Chopper
13-04-2007, 11:21 AM
Tis what you get for being too vocal about it :(
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6563/lolzcx3.gif

Nope.

That's what you get for posting "the finger" in ASCII.

Chopper
13-04-2007, 11:27 AM
Items

"Lifegiving Gem": This item will now only increase maximum and current health of the user by 1500. It will not also heal the user for 1500.

Okay.

Now I'm fucking pissed. Someone tell me how that trinket is useful now?

Stim
13-04-2007, 11:51 AM
It's purple...
And "Death Wish" and "Enrage" effects no longer stack is huge nerf, I killed so many opponents at 19% health with DW+Enrage Executes 4000+ damage between their healer spams some kind of flash heal.

Chonar
13-04-2007, 12:00 PM
It's a nice Nexus Shard?

tin
13-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Items

"Lifegiving Gem": This item will now only increase maximum and current health of the user by 1500. It will not also heal the user for 1500.

Okay.

Now I'm fucking pissed. Someone tell me how that trinket is useful now?

Aint it still like an extra "mini-last stand" while tanking? And thus usable to briefly buff your HP while tanking i.e. an enraged mob?

-Tin

Arawn
13-04-2007, 12:24 PM
Really can't surprise you that lifegiving gem was nerfed. It was pooly designed as it scaled with level and well your health in general. That means that it would pretty much never would get outdated no matter how many expansions they released. Only class abillities and talents should scale like that.

Chopper
13-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Really can't surprise you that lifegiving gem was nerfed. It was pooly designed as it scaled with level and well your health in general. That means that it would pretty much never would get outdated no matter how many expansions they released. Only class abillities and talents should scale like that.
I understand what you're saying about how an item should become outdated or obsolete with the release of new content, but the scaling had already been removed a few patches ago, as it's been healing for a flat 1500 for a while now.

There's also some ambiguity in Blizzard's wording.

"This item will now only increase maximum and current health of the user by 1500" suggests that if you were at 8000/10000, the LGG would put you at 9500/11500. In this case, I don't see how the updated gem is different from how it is now.

Whereas "It will not also heal the user for 1500" suggests that if you were at 8000/10000, the LGG would put you at 8000/11500. Which means it can be used to increase your hp pool for 20s once every 5 minutes and amplify the effects of Last Stand, Second Wind and Blood Craze, which is useful if you have support and an expensive waste of a Trinket slot if you're solo imo.

edit:
Given that the current LGG heals you for 1500, it can be affected by MS or wound poison. Based on "increase maximum and current health of the user by 1500", this could actually be a buff.

Downloading PTR client. Gonna find out for sure.

Arawn
13-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Ahh ok. When I stopped playing my warrior it still scaled so I thought it still did.

Kabhanda
13-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Currently a warrior at 8000/11500 popping lfg goes to 11000/13000, if not hit before the effect ends then when it fades they go to 9500/11500. Hence it saying it heals for 1500 (I'm saying all this but ive not used one since it was % based, but thats how it functioned then).

Kinshara
13-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Flurry nerf may be due to the change in glancing blows, though the shammy variant (and rogue SnD) remains the same. I do kinda wish they'd elaborate on changes at times.

Edit: enh. shammies get a fix/nerf on the DW windfury multiranking... I thought that had already gone in, but oh well.

Asho
13-04-2007, 06:59 PM
BLISSARD can't touch me. nananananana

thurlog
13-04-2007, 07:50 PM
still no update on the wrong numbers for Imp. shouts buffs showing? Has been wrong since AQ opening i think... oO

and curse Blizz for nerfing Flurry...
they really don't want 'DPS'-warriors in raids now do they?

Revenge damage highered... threat lowered.. yay.. i don't get it? Revenge is about 5% of your total damage, with a small buff you're lucky to get about 1% extra damage...

Valoran
13-04-2007, 08:08 PM
still no update on the wrong numbers for Imp. shouts buffs showing? Has been wrong since AQ opening i think... oO

and curse Blizz for nerfing Flurry...
they really don't want 'DPS'-warriors in raids now do they?

Revenge damage highered... threat lowered.. yay.. i don't get it? Revenge is about 5% of your total damage, with a small buff you're lucky to get about 1% extra damage...
Tool tips always show the base value on buffs, improved fort, motw and so on have always had this problem - I really doubt it'll be fixed.

Revenge was tweaked to increase damage caused, yet the threat modifier was reduced so that the threat generation was not out of proportion. The general idea is that the threat from a revenge is around the same as before while giving prot warriors another option for solo DPS. It might also help bring prot warrior dps (while tanking) in line with druids doing the same role.

Thrane
13-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Revenge was tweaked to increase damage caused, yet the threat modifier was reduced so that the threat generation was not out of proportion. The general idea is that the threat from a revenge is around the same as before while giving prot warriors another option for solo DPS. It might also help bring prot warrior dps (while tanking) in line with druids doing the same role.

Except that that damage is migitated by armour so I wouldn't be surprised if they overlooked that and it results in less threat generated.

Moomonde
13-04-2007, 08:56 PM
/throwsgauntlet

here comes the logic train!

less glancing blows = more crits = flurry up for longer

less glancing blows = more damage = better percentage scaling from enrage/deathwish etc

less glancing blows = more damage = more threat (for both tanks and DPSiors)

--------break--------

lifegiving gem = attainable by pretty much only those who got it before TBC = unfair advantage over warriors who came after January 16th (pray tell, who the hell is going to get a 40 man raid together to raid some level ?? bosses in BWL for one item?)

/picksupgauntlet

Jarelan
13-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Seems ok to me, as a gnome with escape artist to lose it on the trinket is no biggie, plus i can get out of sheep now :D

Sloth
13-04-2007, 10:29 PM
Seems ok to me, as a gnome with escape artist to lose it on the trinket is no biggie, plus i can get out of sheep now :D

are you from wales?

Chopper
13-04-2007, 11:29 PM
are you from wales?

Didn't he just say that he can get out of sheep?

Chonar
14-04-2007, 09:42 AM
He didn't say he'd *want* to.

Chonar
14-04-2007, 09:43 AM
lifegiving gem = attainable by pretty much only those who got it before TBC = unfair advantage over warriors who came after January 16th (pray tell, who the hell is going to get a 40 man raid together to raid some level ?? bosses in BWL for one item?)

Let's 10-man it at lvl 70 instead.

Moomonde
14-04-2007, 11:10 AM
Let's 10-man it at lvl 70 instead.

I can see how much fun a 10 man razorgore encounter would be, vael would be even phunner and a suppression room with 10 (gief moar rouges) people would be the phunnest adventure on earth.

Chonar
15-04-2007, 12:13 PM
I can see how much fun a 10 man razorgore encounter would be, vael would be even phunner and a suppression room with 10 (gief moar rouges) people would be the phunnest adventure on earth.

Just kill the dragons instead of kiting them. :p And all stand in the middle and AOE the orcs.
Vael? Oh shit guys, we need consumables.
1 rogue will do for the suppresion room.

I bet BWL woulda been 25-mannable at lvl 60 with Naxx gear.