View Full Version : Are gun owners being persecuted?

Grimaldi
04-04-2007, 09:01 AM
SotF guild forums are down for an update so I had to finally start posting here.

I just wanted to have a whine about the lack of 37dps vendor purchased bullets (Halaa bullets are unique, hence you can only hold a stack of 200). You arrow users don't know how lucky you are.

I believe you can purchase the 37dps arrows from CE for 45s. To fill an 18 slot quiver would cost = 8g 10s.

This is how the cost of the 37dps bullets compares. To fill an 18 slot quiver would cost:

- per stack: 2 adamantite bars (4 adamantite ore), 1 elemental blasting powder (1/2 mote of fire, 1/2 mote of earth)
- per quiver: 72 adamantite ore, 9 mote of fire, 9 mote of earth
- assuming:
- 20g per [20] stack of adamantite ore
- 40g per [10] stack of motes of fire
- 5g per [10] stack of motes of earth
- cost per quiver = 72 * 1g + 9 *4g + 9*50s = 112g 50s or 6g 25s per stack

Prior to TBC (before the final patches) engineers could make thorium headed bullets which were the best available ammo (in raid quantities) in game. This gave them something to do and was probably one of the main reasons why many hunters were engineers. It just seems more than a little daft for Blizzard to introduce rep based arrows which sell for almost 15 times less than the crafted bullets.

Perhaps this is something they'll adress in the changes to the engineering profession, however to get a comparable cost engineers would have to be able to make 37dps bullets from copper ore and linnen cloth.

In the mean time I'll just have to get a decent bow :p

thessily
04-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Actually I was engie for the resistance trinks & cables - I think all hunters use to spend boss fights feigning & rezzing Urias who had the record for dying about 10 times in 1 fight.

But you're right in that it's easier to get good arrows than bullets atm.

Grimaldi
04-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Well, I picked engineering mostly for the cables. But the ability to make your own ammo was a nice bonus.

Not sure if they've done something to the cables but the failure rate seems to have increased considerably .. or I've just been unlucky.

Vegelus
04-04-2007, 10:23 AM
My cables seem to be working even better than before... if not used in Arcatraz :>

And yeah, before all crafted ammo had same cost - just take Thorium bullets and do "Arrows are for sissies" q. And now? I'm using vendor bullets only as I'm not miner.

Corruption
04-04-2007, 10:53 AM
Shut up moaning and go farm Mount Hyjal for http://www.thottbot.com/?fa=990.... >.>

Vegelus
04-04-2007, 11:09 AM
Shut up moaning and go farm Mount Hyjal for http://www.thottbot.com/?fa=990.... >.>

:P

Lionhunter
07-04-2007, 02:06 PM
/agree with Tsar. Until then just use the 32 ones

Grimaldi
14-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Clearly it didn't make sense to have easily accessible 37 dps arrows and no bullet equivalent (cheap).

Looks like the patch will sort this.

- "High-level bullets can be purchased from Honor Hold and Thrallmar factions at revered."

Also, the Halaa bullets will no longer be unique (although they will be soulbound) and will take a reduction in damage.

- ""Halaa Ammo" has been reduced in damage and soulbound, but you can carry any number of them"

They seem to have also adressed the engineering problem of the "expensive" crafted shells being equivalent to rep based cheap CE equivalents:

- ""Adamantite Shells" now require less adamantite and do slightly more damage. "

Welcome news for those who can't really expect to get their hands on the epic quality stuff any time soon.

Dinmomz
23-04-2007, 09:04 AM
they also made elemental blasting powder slightly cheaper (you get 4 of em for 1 mote of fire and 2 mote of earth, instead of 2 powders for 1 of each mote)

Grimaldi
27-04-2007, 03:35 PM
cool ... good news!