View Full Version : keep on wondering

Nadiaa
03-04-2007, 08:13 AM
I've created my alt human priest some time ago, now it's on 29th lvl
and I keep on wondering if it's worth to spend my talent points on improved Power Word: Fortitude
I'd greatly appreciate any replies

Faylin
03-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Not really for levelling no. But once you get to grouping/raiding, yes.

BeautyThief
04-04-2007, 02:31 AM
while lvling just go FULL shadow (in groups say you are 50/50 holy shadow i mean LIE) then you own it then around lvl 68 either sacrifice all that beautyful DMg and go holy/disc or holy ...or be like the 70% and stay shadow:)

Nadiaa
04-04-2007, 05:00 AM
thank you very much :)

Vegelus
04-04-2007, 12:00 PM
while lvling just go FULL shadow (in groups say you are 50/50 holy shadow i mean LIE) then you own it then around lvl 68 either sacrifice all that beautyful DMg and go holy/disc or holy ...or be like the 70% and stay shadow:)
I don't think there will be problem with groups, cause same is with tank... he is almost all prot - if not counting deep wounds :>

Ajial
04-04-2007, 12:27 PM
I respecced holy at 64 and tbh i level just fine. Sure the damage on shadow was nice but holy is decent dps and more mana effecient (unless you do the dot and wand tactic). With a decent crit rate (sitting at around 25% holy crit atm) you shouldnt have a problem killing anything, will just take a little longer (If you dont plan to raid as a healer or instance alot then speccing holy is pointless)

Orde
04-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Shadow all the way Nadiaa.

- Orde xD *Pokes small cat*

Hammett
04-04-2007, 03:56 PM
I've been playing abit on my UD priest over at Twilight's Hammer the past few days, and i'm shadow.

It's just to fun not to spec.

MELT FAIC!!!111!

Maesto
05-04-2007, 10:18 PM
Sure the damage on shadow was nice but holy is decent dps and more mana effecient (unless you do the dot and wand tactic).

You're kidding me Ajial ;D

Ajial
06-04-2007, 01:35 AM
Not really, shadow is alot more dps but at what cost? Why kill stuff in half the time but have to drink twice as much? Average yellow mob dies in 10-15 seconds anyway to a holy spec that has half a clue what they are doing. Holy spec IS NOT good for leveling from low level, I mainly respecced because im getting thrown into raiding literally days after hitting 70. I need to be doing the high instances for gear which is alot easier as holy spec based on gear i have collected..

As for mana effeciency, not kidding either =P i've killed mobs for the cost of 1 smite before now, just need luck, high crit and some fary dust.

Ofc what it ultimatly comes down to is personal preferance.. I may have been playing shadowpriest wrong but honestly i dont care, i got myself through 54 levels with that spec and i dont ever intend to be shadow again.. You are shadwy enough for thr both of us =P My intent from the word go with the priest was OMG HEEL and ask Beatus.. im terrible at dps =P (I didnt spam SW: D at any point, he lies) Ill just stick to what im good at and leave the job of my shadowy counterpart to the pros ;)

/Alien in a dress

Faylin
06-04-2007, 01:51 AM
Wha me? :P

Nah, seriously, like Duiss said, you can level fine with holy. On the other hand, you can heal fine with shadow (while levelling at least).

I would at least recommend even every holy priest to get spirit tap, it so win.

As for mana efficiency: no, holy isn't more mana efficient. And if it is, you're really wasting mana by casting the wrong (and probably too much) spells as a shadow priest.

Hammett
08-04-2007, 04:08 PM
I agree with Beatus, but I'd always go for full shadow until, atleast, 60. With all the +spelldmg gear u get during lvling to 70, holy actually is decent damage, and more than decent. However shadow is and will always be faster

captpicard
10-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Dot it up and MF + MB i really dont see how you get oom fatster then holy spec grinding..

Faylin
10-04-2007, 10:17 AM
Dot it up and wand i really dont see how you get oom fatster then holy spec grinding..

Editted for correctness

BeautyThief
11-04-2007, 02:10 PM
well after playing holy spec on my priest from lvl 11 i had some trouble soloing at lower lvls but not at 70 for fw weeks i have collected some dmg gear and have about 600+ dmg in that gear...not great but i seem to have no trouble soloing most quests atleast and can grind if i need to and my dmg gear is just some quest rewards and few drops i got to need in instances for dmg gear nothing fancy but does help alot while soloing:) plus healing gear is good and see no need to be shadow because as holy i get all what i want from the game have no real need to melt faces better to smite them:)

Asho
11-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Shadow is clearly best in any way(except healing)... I would never rerolled holy for solo pwnage, and I doubt you got your personal warrior to kill things..

BeautyThief
13-04-2007, 10:15 AM
ofcause i have personal tank !!! but usually go for personal elemental shaman to help me if needed to do things fast. i mean most things for quest/grinding is just need to kill fast xcept few group quests wich still havnt found hard to find group for.

also wanna thank those allies that helpt my "holy" group kill zuluhed..last so far quest for netherdragons had 2 holy priest lock resto druid tanking and mage you totaly saved our asses:)

captpicard
13-04-2007, 10:30 AM
Editted for correctness

If i wanted to do slow boring dull dps i'd roll a Tauren Fury warrior.

elog
13-04-2007, 03:29 PM
You basically never drink as shadow if you have the right gear. Sprit tap + massive amounts of +spirit and decent +dmg and you will melt everything in your way with basically no downtime (and I really mean no downtime).

Asho
16-04-2007, 03:13 PM
don't even need gear to keep mana all the time. just some trinkets, spirit tap, shadowfiend, n pwn..