View Full Version : Current end game talent builds.

Cheiftan
17-03-2007, 11:49 AM
This is aimed at those hunters who are heading into Kara/Gruul regularly, or i suppose those who are hitting up the heroics as well.

My question is, what talent configuration are you using atm?

I know a few hunters who specced BM for levelling and have kept it going into Kara and beyond, with success. Personally i never specced fully BM in the first place (i levelled as MM), and the only changes i have made for end game have been to move the points that i did have in BM to Survival for improved CC abilities.

I can't imagine that anyone has specced full (or even majority) survival unless they were forced into by a mean class leader (for the Expose Weakness proc perhaps), but i may be wrong...i would be interested to hear the views of anyone with this spec.

The other day i came close to speccing 0/31/30 to try and improve my crit rating, but was talked out of it by a guildee who wanted me to keep Silencing Shot. What do you think of the viability of a MM/Surv split?

Anywho, enough of the essay, i look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Lionhunter
20-03-2007, 11:18 PM
silencing shot is nice to have in karazhan. and better traps are nice too. most of our hunters are 0/45/15'ish

Canes
23-03-2007, 11:59 AM
Seing as most stuff in Karazahn and heroic love to one/two shot some people, improved trapps and scattershot is lifesavers.

And silencing shot, priceless at times.

As for the MM/Survival split, I'm asuming you're wanna go for Lightning Reflexes? A talent that lost loads of power after they "fixed" hunters love for agility. It's even been stated by the developers that the Survival Tree isnt as tuned as MM or BM.

My build: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=mZVxbRqzGeRt0GVMdb
Using it in Karazahn and heroic runs, works pretty good for me.

Cheiftan
24-03-2007, 09:40 AM
to be honest my interest in Survival is probably only 30% fot he reflexes, i just wanted a bit more crit for fun and games.

but like i say, i haven't gone that way, and like yourself am having a lot of success in karazhan and heroic instances with my traps. a lot of the time i have less trouble with my CC'd mob than the mages do... and yet still in PuGs people would rather have a rogue (not imp) sap it :D

Vegelus
24-03-2007, 02:01 PM
pugs ar nabz ;]
trap'n' scatter ;-)

wispy
24-03-2007, 06:24 PM
currently i am 7/48/6.

i thought i was going to need to respec to have more trapping but as it turns out my traps are doing fine for the moment in both karazhan and the heroics.

my DPS in either BM (which i leveled with) or in MM as i am now have been great, and i have had no problems topping nearly all our guilds DMs (when not in full NR gear for mauglar that it;) ).

for me the reason to definitely stay MM is silencing shot, mainly for use in arena:)

Sekhe
25-03-2007, 10:45 PM
full nr gear? u joking?

Gyundor
26-03-2007, 05:38 AM
I allready thought he was joking when he said topping the guilds DM's ;)

Vegelus
26-03-2007, 04:10 PM
You should see Wispy in action... It's just like omfgwtf... how...
And it always was just like that ;-).

Sekhe
26-03-2007, 10:23 PM
ye right, with his gear.. ;c

Sloth
26-03-2007, 11:39 PM
full nr gear? u joking?

read up on the strats for maulgar first

Gyundor
27-03-2007, 09:23 AM

Check what we killed first

Cheiftan
27-03-2007, 10:04 AM
if you read Wisp's posat carefully he says he has no trouble topping the dmg meters, when NOT in full NR gear. which as people have pointed out is obviously for maulgar.

Vegelus
27-03-2007, 12:52 PM
ye right, with his gear.. ;c
Let just say that there are people that just don't know how to use their gear and skills perfectly. Imho Wispy isn't such person. But I'm only a noob that does not raid and is wearing ol'T2 crap... still ;).

Sekhe
27-03-2007, 03:43 PM

oh sry, i dont follow guides 1 to 1.

if you read Wisp's posat carefully he says he has no trouble topping the dmg meters, when NOT in full NR gear. which as people have pointed out is obviously for maulgar.

i was refering to armory, not NR gear

Sloth
27-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Check what we killed first

I don't see what that has to do with my post.