View Full Version : Mass Dispel special uses

Torgan
26-02-2007, 01:40 PM
In the tooltip for this it says it can dispel things that aren't usually dispellable. I've heard it can dispel the pally bubble and ice block from here (http://www.wowwiki.com/Mass_Dispel), but is there a list of other stuff it can dispel?

Faylin
26-02-2007, 01:52 PM
I use it for the cool graphics. It's rather shit.

I;ve not found a single PvE use so far.

Andil
28-02-2007, 10:26 AM
Karazhan mana worms in the trash after Curator. That's about it so far - and even then, that's only using it because "Meh, might as well" _ (the increased damage debuff they put on everyone in range, often the whole raid)

But, in reference to Torgy's question - thats a normal magic debuff, so no, nothing "special" to be dispelled yet.

Silverseal
28-02-2007, 10:34 AM
At the moment, in PVP, it randomly dispells one buff each time. It can take Divine Shield, but it not always garunateed. From the new patch, it will automatically remove a Paladins Shield first, therefore Blizzard obviously need to lrn2read there own tooltips about immunity to EVERYTHING.

Kinshara
28-02-2007, 01:37 PM
I'm guessing the response would be something along the lines of -- *you* are immune to everything while behind the shield. The shield, however, is not immune to mass dispel.

The tooltips are pretty useless though, many of them are incorrect even after the discrepancies have been reported for a year.

Galadar
06-03-2007, 07:19 AM
Ask the Inciter in Shadow Lab....he always uses mine on the party when MC-ed.... ;-)

Torgan
06-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Heh, that was how I discovered I'd bought the spell after he used it when I was MCed.

....Wait, I did that?

Orde
06-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Mass dispel is proof that blizzard hate paladins,

- Orde

Offa
07-03-2007, 07:18 PM
paladin tier 5 is proof enough already ^^

Lednar
11-03-2007, 11:11 AM
Rofl :P Can't disagree more :P But does that spell work on Divine Shield? :o

Shadewalk
11-03-2007, 12:22 PM
Rofl :P Can't disagree more :P But does that spell work on Divine Shield? :o

it is ment to, just I think at the moment (or did 2.0.10 fix it, didn't really check) that as it "targets" a random buff it more often than not hits something else, but you are immune so does nothing.

some blue posted it will pick divine shield over other buffs so in the future it should reliably remove divine shield.

Toshiro
12-03-2007, 02:13 AM
Mass dispell rocks in arena. Pally shield and try to heal, mass dispell into silence and watch his team mate die :) Always happy happy goodness.

The fact it dispells iceblock is kinda useless, as most mages just use iceblock to clear dots so are in to for very little time anyway.

Orde
12-03-2007, 02:30 AM
Mass dispell rocks in arena. Pally shield and try to heal, mass dispell into silence and watch his team mate die :) Always happy happy goodness.

The fact it dispells iceblock is kinda useless, as most mages just use iceblock to clear dots so are in to for very little time anyway.

Mages also use it to wait for reinforcements or for cooldowns so it is also overpowered vs mages aswell as paladins AND SHOULD BE NERF!OMG CAPS ROFL HOW DID THAT HAPPEN...

- Orde

Toshiro
12-03-2007, 03:01 AM
reinforcements in arena? that just doesn't happen. Cooldowns yes....but any sensible mage knows what is coming when a priest starts casting that. And it does have a cast time after all. I would just drop iceblock and cs them. I guess it will lock out holy spells for 10 secs which is pretty nasty.

Battlegrounds are pointless now, who gives a fuck what happens in there. Arena is now the only pvp that matters. I wouldn't care if all alliance were given a spell on entering wsg/AB/AV that killed all horde with 1000 yards and I am sure most pvp'ers would feel the same.

Frimlin
02-04-2007, 02:20 PM
Since I've had no reason to use mass dispell, I thought I'd give it a go in the Shadow Lab last night. 3 group members had shadow word: pain on them, and for a previous group I had removed each one with dispell. When I cast mass dispell, however, none of the SWP were removed and I had to end up manually removing each one anyhow. Was I wrong to think mass dispell should have removed them all, since all party members were in range?

Faylin
02-04-2007, 02:23 PM
It should yes, and I used it there too and it worked.

Frimlin
02-04-2007, 02:28 PM
OK, I'll try again... odd! Thanks Beatus ;)