View Full Version : Image....

Darkreaver
26-02-2007, 10:50 AM
any chance you can do a auto lvl shot feature to auto resize the images... if you have a legal copy of VB3.xx there are already plugs around on the offical VB forum

cuz i must admit its dam annoying to see this the (http://www.shadowsongeurope.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=62) post your ui thread and only seeing 2/5ths of the image.

just a suggestion anyway..

Gumdrops
26-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Why wouldn't it be legal, I don't want SSE to be taken down.

And if you're using IE it breaks the forums too much, use FF or Opera and use the 'full width' version of the forum.

Darkreaver
27-02-2007, 02:11 AM
im sorry but this may sound like im a complete wanker but so be it.... A webmasters job is to ensure that a webpage is easy to read and understand and gives the information required whatever browser a user wants to use.

IE is the most used browser known taking up a massive 52% of hits googles takes per day. 20% being firefox and anotther 16% being opera and 12% being *other*

Vbb runs perfectly fine and there is mods out there to allow for image resizing using the many image resize libarys out there like for example ImageMagik (http://www.imagemagick.org/). the only problem you are having is joomla and tbh there is not need to even use it in wrapper mode.... you could have it linked at static content or the like. And the Vbb bridge you have installed (im guessing here which you are using but there is only 1 *decent* one out there) to copy the joomla users to the forum would still work. and if it didnt work (must be a act of god) it would like a very small amount (5mins) of coding.

for example it wouldnt take a huge amount of brains or time to make a custom Vbb code to allow image address to make the image into a resized image which will view as it should be on forums

anyway i may be ranting so ill kinda stop there. ( 3 bottles of red wine!!!! gogo me)

but as a last remark...
Why wouldn't it be legal, I don't want SSE to be taken down.

your running a dedicated server with a VBB forum... jesus the vbb forum costs $100 plus for a *offical* licence per year let alone the running costs of a dedicated server. ( $40 to $80 a month sometimes more).

i know you have google adds now but it aint going to bring in alot.

if you need someone to go onto the offical forums and download you the addon let me know. i mean sometimes even *offical licence copy holders* dont have time to do so and need people to email them what they need.

/end drunk ranting. but fix the god dam image problem.

Darkreaver
27-02-2007, 02:13 AM
and as a added note pm me if you need to add the item code again... really simple and was on and still is on the very old otd site. which was also vbb and not phpbb like your old version.

Karadros
27-02-2007, 02:50 AM
Your logic is flawed: IE is shite and must not be catered for, prompting everyone to use Firefox.

Darkreaver
27-02-2007, 08:42 AM
maybe it is flawed but i would still bet if you checked SSE's cpanel and its web stats alot would be IE over 50% easy

Gumdrops
27-02-2007, 08:49 AM
your running a dedicated server with a VBB forum... jesus the vbb forum costs $100 plus for a *offical* licence per year let alone the running costs of a dedicated server. ( $40 to $80 a month sometimes more).

Well thanks for your concerns but my license is all paid for :)

Darkreaver
27-02-2007, 09:10 AM
and the requested image lvl shot???

and here is that itemstats mod which was used on the old vbb otd forums. (simple as hell to install)

For vBulletin:
1) Upload the /wowdb directory to your forum directory and chmod 777
2) Create new BBCode
- Title: WoW Item
- Tag: wow
- Replacement: <script type="text/javascript" src="wowdb/index.php?t={option}&q={param}"></script>
- Example: Hearthstone
- Description: World of Warcraft item linking.
- Use {option}: Yes

Simple as that :) then its just pitchfork which can also be changed to what ever you want :)

Link >>>> http://www.hostilespace.co.uk/wowdb.rar

Turiel
27-02-2007, 11:42 AM
I'll add the resizing thing at some stage shortly, its just there's a million things to do (and fix) with the site. Did I miss something though, why did you post the WoWDBU mod - doesn't itemstats work fine?

Darkreaver
27-02-2007, 12:40 PM
I'll add the resizing thing at some stage shortly, its just there's a million things to do (and fix) with the site. Did I miss something though, why did you post the WoWDBU mod - doesn't itemstats work fine?

pitchfork seems its working wasnt last night :/ maybe it was the db site youi use that was having problems